QB Terrelle Pryor is available

YoloinOhio

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PS, something dear to your heart, was increased to 10 players. Tuel is eligible if the Bills coaches and GM still have some fascination with him. I don't understand it but whatever. Pryor's contract for this year is $705,000. There would be no bonus to sign him, just pick him up on waivers and make him your #3. If EJ goes down you got a vet Orton and a wildcard in Pryor behind him. I would do it in a second and stop this Tuel farce.

You make it sound so logical. Too bad you are not the GM. But the Bills FO has never been very logical and smart.Orton is safe and not a treat to EJ, He is simply a "just barely good enough" player providing emergency Vet insurance. Bringing in Pryor as a developmental #3 is not safe enough for EJ as he has a potential upside and he might "threaten" EJ's fragile psyche. Tuel is safe for EJ, as he will never be a real developmental threat to EJ's psyche.

Haha; I know. Everyone thinks anybody is better than tuel. The reason these guys are better than tuel is because they never play, so they never show how bad they are. Jordan Palmer gets picked up because he looks like a QB. When he plays, he is a disaster.

Anyone who has followed college football closely over the last decade can tell you that it was a suprise that Jordan Palmer ever made an NFL roster. He looked nothing like an NFL QB at UTEP. He simply had a feeble arm. Tuel is not an NFL QB either but he has better ability than Palmer ever had he just doesn't have a brother who was a franchise QB so he could catch on with that team.

Keep in mind these are the guys that assembled Maunel, Tuel, and Thad. They really aren't in any position to judge QBs.

You've gone ice cold on EJ this week

This makes me sick. Sure -- Pryor won't succeed in the NFL as a pocket passer. But neither will EJ Manuel.

To be fair, they may have been laughing at graham looking for a scoop!

To be fair, they may have been laughing at graham looking for a scoop!

To which the standard reply to Timmah should be: "click"

No it didn't. Just the vocal (read: retarded) minority.

Well IIRC it was a very, very large minority in that ship of fools.

I know that some NFL personnel guys really do not like Pryor as a QB or a teammate. Whether or not he is "better" than EJ right now I don't know. He is better than Tuel IMO but right now Tuel is the only one other than EJ who knows the offense and they have a game in 8 days. So they signed a vet backup which makes sense but they aren't carrying 4 QBs. They can't put Tuel in the PS until orton knows the playbook. So that is probably where the LOL comes from. Which was the same reaction I got from a director of player personnel about 5 yrs ago when I asked him what he thought of Pryor as a legit NFL QB. He is better than Tuel but that doesn't mean he is good.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually I think Pryor might fit this offence. Orton is a ok backup but Pryor is big, has speed to burn.

Trade TJ Graham for him, works for me.

we don't need to trade for him. He was cut. Also they already signed orton. So....sign him as a TE and we have a deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

This makes me sick. Sure -- Pryor won't succeed in the NFL as a pocket passer. But neither will EJ Manuel.

And Pryor will improvise or read option a million times better.

And with his athleticism to complement that of the many other talented athletes on O it would at least be a heck of a roller coaster ride, albeit perhaps bad for one's health.

More fun than having to listen to EJ explain how he thought he did ok in post game pressers following every loss.

Keep in mind these are the guys that assembled Maunel, Tuel, and Thad. They really aren't in any position to judge QBs.

Exactly; the FO created this mess, hopefully they continue to fix it. No harm bringing in Pryor for a look.

I think that I dropped him to 20% chance that he can be the guy earlier in the preseason and now I am at like 10% after the last two weeks. I had him at like 35% at draft time so he has been steadily moving in the wrong direction. The only thing that I am holding onto is that I really like the guy, his personality and demeanor.

I think that I dropped him to 20% chance that he can be the guy earlier in the preseason and now I am at like 10% after the last two weeks. I had him at like 35% at draft time so he has been steadily moving in the wrong direction. The only thing that I am holding onto is that I really like the guy, his personality and demeanor.

What do you make of the apparent lack of accountability that seems to be emerging with EJ this preseason ?

Last year, I thought he was a lot more self-deprecating and humble, this year, he seems to be deflecting and being much more polyanna when it comes to his own play. Not a good sign.

Comparing Palmer's and his quotes after the last game it was concerning.

What do you make of the apparent lack of accountability that seems to be emerging with EJ this preseason ?

Last year, I thought he was a lot more self-deprecating and humble, this year, he seems to be deflecting and being much more polyanna when it comes to his own play. Not a good sign.

The comments JW made after the dustup between ej and graham worried me a little about what the split for ej is between being good at saying the right thing, and actually being the guy that's just doing what he does and it's the right thing.

It's been bothering me. I am with you. I think (hope) that he is aware that the play has been brutal but he's trying to keep everyone from panicking.

If I was a offensive coach, I'd push to sign Pryor. I'd love a qb depth chart of EJ, Orton, Pryor. Pryor is a better runner than EJ. That would make some very interesting goalline packages.

Pryor should be signed immediately. His contributions to the team are debatable, but he should be added to the roster.

We'll see if they actually do that.

I predict they won't.