Ryan Mallett anyone?

No to Mallet. If you can't make it as Tom Brady's back-up in New England, then you're not qualified to be a back up anywhere else either. The team doesn't need to "try out" anyone else for a backup job. There's enough of a lack of continuity in this team already, that they don't need to take more away by adding players to the mix.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to Mallet. If you can't make it as Tom Brady's back-up in New England, then you're not qualified to be a back up anywhere else either. The team doesn't need to "try out" anyone else for a backup job. There's enough of a lack of continuity in this team already, that they don't need to take more away by adding players to the mix.

Belicheat is goofy for Garoppolo. Mallett is now expendable.

CLE seems happy to have picked up Hoyer.

Henderson was a head case in college too. We took a chance on him and it looks like he's going to start.

Fair enough, but the situations are a bit different I think. Henderson was immature and plays a position that is a bit more brawn than brain. Mallett was seen as "not too bright" and a guy who made bad decisions on the field, and QB is a far more cerebral position, I think. Different kinds of head cases and different positions.

Fair enough, but the situations are a bit different I think. Henderson was immature and plays a position that is a bit more brawn than brain. Mallett was seen as "not too bright" and a guy who made bad decisions on the field, and QB is a far more cerebral position, I think. Different kinds of head cases and different positions.

I don't know about the bad decision part. In 2 seasons at Arkansas he threw for 7,500 yards, 62 tds to 19 ints. Not saying he is the answer but if EJ bombs this year we are in serious trouble. We're going to need options. If EJ pans out then no harm done.

he was pretty good in college. his big question marks were that he may have had serious drug issues, and that he wasnt the mobile qb that was/is hot currently.

im not going nuts for him, but compared to tuel or palmer id be in for a LATE pick, and/or modest contract.

hes made it as bradys backup. for 2(?) years i believe he was the only other qb they carried... if the pats dont think he will be willing to sit long term without getting a shot, its wise to try to replace him and get some sort of value.

that doesnt mean i think hes a great pickup, simply that he has a lot of measurable potential and may be worth a cheap shot.

hes made it as bradys backup. for 2(?) years i believe he was the only other qb they carried... if the pats dont think he will be willing to sit long term without getting a shot, its wise to try to replace him and get some sort of value.

that doesnt mean i think hes a great pickup, simply that he has a lot of measurable potential and may be worth a cheap shot.

I think they cut him. They often keep two. They like Garranimal. They know he's gone next year. And probably know if Brady's gone they're screwed unless Garrappollo is a miracle worker.