This team is far better then SOME think

HOUSE

I have followed this team for over 50 years.This doesn't make me an expert. I have just seen a lot of teams come and go. I have been wrong just a few times, mostly when injuries wipe out the roster. The Bills are notorious for weak depth at key positions.

I see the 4-12 predictions here everyday. Some want you to feel stupid for expecting a winning season. Well, I guess I am stupid then.

This team has starting talent and quality depth for the first time in 15 years. So, this is NOT the same ol Bills.

Don't be suckered, this team could run the ball behind a recently adjusted line and easily make the playoffs.

Barring major injures, I see 9-7 or maybe a little better

You guys that are predicting less, are simply bitter from losing 15 straight years. I do understand.

This may be the best DEFENSE in Team history.....and we don't even have Kiko

Also, wait and see, The Bills will add another quarterback before the season officially starts, probably from the final 53

EJ Manuel DOES NOT keep me up at night either. WE OWE HIM MORE TIME, at least 6 more games

I am going out to watch the game tonight but I can't wait for the season to begin.....

GO BILLS :thumbsup:

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...but show me the baby!

I predict we will make the playoffs.

I am not sure how the doom and gloom got started but this is a GOOD team.

Wait and see, I told you so........

I have followed this team for over 50 years.This doesn't make me an expert. I have just seen a lot of teams come and go. I have been wrong just a few times.

I see the 4-12 predictions here everyday. Some want you to feel stupid for expecting a winning season.

This team has talent and depth, first time in 15 years.

Don't be suckered, this team could run the ball behind a recently adjusted line and easily make the playoffs.

Barring major injures, I see 9-7 maybe better

You guys that are predicting less, are simply bitter from losing 15 straight years.

This is the third year in a row I've heard this team has talent for the first time in 15 years.

I'm an optimist, but still think 9-7 is the top end of my estimate. I agree we have a lot of talent assembled, and I'm very excited to see what they can do. But, we have a lot of reasons to temper our expectations:

• Young QB, still learning, improving
  • No quality QB depth
  • An unproven Offensive coordinator
  • A new Defensive coordinator
  • A suspect ST coordinator

I would be shocked if we won more than 9 or less than 6 this year, unless we suffer significant injuries early in the season

Edited by Matt in KC

i see anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6,depending on injuries,the salary cap has pretty much evened the field,only a couple of really good teams,only a couple of really bad teams and about 25 teams that could go anywhere from 6-10 and 10-6,fighting for playoff spots until the last weekend,just like the nfl wanted.

You guys that are predicting less, are simply bitter from losing 15 straight years.

sure, that's part of it. like albert einstein once said, "fool me once, shame on you. fool me 15 years straight, we won't get fooled again."

Edited by Dirtbag

I'm an optimist, but still think 9-7 is the top end of my estimate. I agree we have a lot of talent assembled, and I'm very excited to see what they can do. But, we have a lot of reasons to temper our expectations:

• Young QB, still learning, improving
  • No quality QB depth
  • An unproven Offensive coordinator
  • A new Defensive coordinator
  • A suspect ST coordinator

I would be shocked if we won more than 9 or less than 6 this year, unless we suffer significant injuries early in the season

Can you find me a team that If their starter goes down, the backup will come in and the team wont miss a beat? If the backup is playing for 95% of teams, that team is in trouble.

I agree with those talking about the offensive line. I remember when the Bills were just getting good in the Kelly-Thomas-Reed days. The stars got all the accolades, but watching them week after week running the counter tre. House Ballard was great (Thurman would coast behind him with his hand on Ballard's back). Jim Ritcher, Hull and Wolford. THEY were a huge reason the Bills became a powerful team. You've got to have the big uglies getting it done up front.

Can you find me a team that If their starter goes down, the backup will come in and the team wont miss a beat? If the backup is playing for 95% of teams, that team is in trouble.

You're asking that as if that's what I said. I think a team should have a backup able to come in for 2-3 games and not preclude them from winning. The teams that end up with 10+ wins either had that, or didn't need it. I think that could well cost us a game or two this year.