Brawl and apparent death threat at camp today

CodeMonkey

Maybe a coach should've said, "We haven't had a winning season since 2004. We haven't been in the playoffs since 1999. You don't want to wear pads for 20 days, THEN WIN SOME F------ GAMES!"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a coach should've said, "We haven't had a winning season since 2004. We haven't been in the playoffs since 1999. You don't want to wear pads for 20 days, THEN WIN SOME F------ GAMES!"

I suppose that might have been a good response had Hughes been complaining. Apparently he was not.

Looks like the boys are getting a little fired up.

At least no one got flipped off ;)

http://www.sbnation....ice-fight-video

saying you are going to kill someone in the midst of a fight is not a death threat. Hopefully Wood does kill him though.

I heard them talking about it on wgr. I guess jerry Hughes said some comment to the coaching staff along the lines of "that's what you get for having us in pads for 20 days" this has been a long camp with the extra game and all, I'm sure they are sick of hitting the same guys over and over.

These guys are so lazy, "boohoo I have to play in pads for OMG 20 days" they used to do two-a-days in full pads every day and it seemed like there were less injuries too.

What a bunch of wussies

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like it! It's about time that we got some fire. Year in year out we're nothing but a bunch of nice guys and look where it got us. I like the attitude of guys like Brandon Spikes, this isn't a popularity contest. It's long overdue that we start punching people in the mouth, even if it's our own guy. Hey that's just me but I also thought that the likes of Dick Butkus and Conrad Dobler were intimidating players.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hopefully Marrone responded by handing him a diaper and saying "here, put this on"..

:lol: :lol:

Did Jonathan Martin watch this video with a notepad and pen? But seriously, I bet it was some type of taunting or rookie hazing that down the line backfired.

It always amazes me that so many have greater powers of perception than I have. Hazing? Interesting leap. Hazing?

In your opinion this is based on a hazing incident gone bad?

So tomorrow the coaches will plan a surprise trip to the movies/mini golf/etc instead of practice. Then us fans will complain that they should be practicing instead of going out and having fun.

Per app, todays practice has been closed to the public.

May God have mercy on their souls.

Good! Guys are sick of the BS marone is pulling and not getting results. and I don't mind at all if Wood wants to nuke some punk.

WTF are you talking about? Do you even know?

I was just commenting on his demeanor. He is definitely a key leader of the team IMO.

Ok yeah I totally get that. He is a consistent post of the team. And he is vocal sometimes. I just wish he were more nasty. Tougher

It always amazes me that so many have greater powers of perception than I have. Hazing? Interesting leap. Hazing?

In your opinion this is based on a hazing incident gone bad?

Tying a rookie to a goal post and throwing water on him is hazing. Making rookies sing their school fight song at lunch. Is hazing. When I was in college playing basketball. They made us sing for the team on the team bus our freshman year. That was our rite of passage. The allusion I was trying to draw was that the good ol boys way doesnt always go the way its supposed to. Look at what Shockey did his rookie year for instance. I personally dont care what went wrong. I want guys hitting guys in the mouth. Thats what the game is about. They are supposed to be a brotherhood. Brothers fight sometimes.

Hat's off to Marrone. The loser mentality on this team needs to end. If they have to practice more than in years past, then so be it. People's careers are on the line, and this team has truly stunk it up the last 14 seasons. Fans are sick of losing. Belicheat wouldn't put up with the whining, why should Marrone?

I suppose that might have been a good response had Hughes been complaining. Apparently he was not.

Yes he was complaining. He was quoted in the media yesterday as saying that the team had been wearing the pads too many days and that's why there were skirmishes.

Hat's off to Marrone. The loser mentality on this team needs to end. If they have to practice more than in years past, then so be it. People's careers are on the line, and this team has truly stunk it up the last 14 seasons. Fans are sick of losing. Belicheat wouldn't put up with the whining, why should Marrone?

Yes he was complaining. He was quoted in the media yesterday as saying that the team had been wearing the pads too many days and that's why there were skirmishes.

You mean this quote?

“Twenty-one days in pads and counting!” Hughes yelled. “I love it! That’s what happens, baby!”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/20/marrone-thinks-training-camp-fights-hurt-games-integrity/