Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say that I am pretty surprised that any regular watcher of the game does not understand how good Russell Wilson has been. That Lynch fellow used to be on Buffalo. That really propelled the Bills to a Super Bowl victory.

Fred Jackson has probably been the best Bill over the last 5 years. It does not translate into wins. Adrian Petersen is arguably the best RB over the last 5 years and I haven't seen Minnesota doing much of anything. Running back is the easiest piece to replace on a team. QB is by far the hardest.

If Wilson was a Bill, you would probably understand his importance.

It's unusual to find a good QB on a bad team or a bad QB on a good team. It's not a coincidence.

Serious question, did you watch any Seahawks games?

Russell Willson threw for under 200 yards in 6 games. He only threw over 300 in 2 games. I'm not saying he is a bad player, but I am disagreeing with your statement that if your QB isn't the center of your team then your doomed statement.

I'll say it again, Russell Wilson is not the center of the Seahawks team. He is still learning the game. He's able to play the way he does because of his running game and defense. How else can you explain going 8-19 for 142, against the 49ers, a very tough team?

The question is, could Wilson carry a team? I say yes. Resoundingly.

Sure I believe at some point he will be able to.

I gotta say that I am pretty surprised that any regular watcher of the game does not understand how good Russell Wilson has been. That Lynch fellow used to be on Buffalo. That really propelled the Bills to a Super Bowl victory.

Fred Jackson has probably been the best Bill over the last 5 years. It does not translate into wins. Adrian Petersen is arguably the best RB over the last 5 years and I haven't seen Minnesota doing much of anything. Running back is the easiest piece to replace on a team. QB is by far the hardest.

If Wilson was a Bill, you would probably understand his importance.

It's unusual to find a good QB on a bad team or a bad QB on a good team. It's not a coincidence.

You obviously don't understand the argument that the other poster is trying to make.

If that's how you feel then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think Wilson will end up being a great QB but his coaches realize he's not there now so they've protected him the past 2 seasons - and rightly so. Without a dominant D that team struggles to make the playoffs, much less win the super bowl.

EJ Manual has started 10 friggin' football games. Cut the kid some slack. It's not about making excuses, it's about being realistic. He will not light the league on fire this year. All we can hope for is a dominant D with a good running game and a game manager QB until he learns the ropes. If you're expecting more than that you're expecting him to be Luck or Marino which isn't going to happen.

It's actually funny how two of the best teams in the NFL aren't passing teams at all but rather throw back teams who play great D and rely on a good running game to protect young QBs. It's not to say those QBs aren't important to their teams but the teams don't rely on them to win games for them. They're simply a cog in the machine.

You really believe they win it last year w

If that's how you feel then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think Wilson will end up being a great QB but his coaches realize he's not there now so they've protected him the past 2 seasons - and rightly so. Without a dominant D that team struggles to make the playoffs, much less win the super bowl.

EJ Manual has started 10 friggin' football games. Cut the kid some slack. It's not about making excuses, it's about being realistic. He will not light the league on fire this year. All we can hope for is a dominant D with a good running game and a game manager QB until he learns the ropes. If you're expecting more than that you're expecting him to be Luck or Marino which isn't going to happen.

It's actually funny how two of the best teams in the NFL aren't passing teams at all but rather throw back teams who play great D and rely on a good running game to protect young QBs. It's not to say those QBs aren't important to their teams but the teams don't rely on them to win games for them. They're simply a cog in the machine.

You really believe they would have even come close last year with Tarvaris Jackson?

For a young QB, good game management and playing smart is a remarkable achievement.

Simply put, Wilson on the Bills gets them into the playoffs last year. That is 4 wins he gains you.

We are in definite disagreement about Wilson's value to the Seahawks.

Serious question, did you watch any Seahawks games?

Russell Willson threw for under 200 yards in 6 games. He only threw over 300 in 2 games. I'm not saying he is a bad player, but I am disagreeing with your statement that if your QB isn't the center of your team then your doomed statement.

I'll say it again, Russell Wilson is not the center of the Seahawks team. He is still learning the game. He's able to play the way he does because of his running game and defense. How else can you explain going 8-19 for 142, against the 49ers, a very tough team?

Sure I believe at some point he will be able to.

Who on the Seahawks would have been a greater loss to Seattle last year if they went down with an injury?

You obviously don't understand the argument that the other poster is trying to make.

Since you understand his point, which player on Seattle was more important to the championship last year than Wilson?

Who on the Seahawks would have been a greater loss to Seattle last year if they went down with an injury?

Since you understand his point, which player on Seattle was more important to the championship last year than Wilson?

Sherman or Earl Thomas.

In all seriousness, Thad and Tuel combined don't look like they make an acceptable backup. Somehow they have both regressed.

They really need to think about trading for a legit backup.

Couldn't agree more. I'd take a halfway competent QB that's a few weeks behind, playbook-wise, over these two. I don't get it, they at least looked passable last preseason.

Edited by Delusional Bills Optimist

And I'd take him in a heartbeat. He can actually put together enough plays to win a game or two. Our guys are struggling against backups. How DID they regress so badly?

i would take him as well. Not a world beater, but he can play.

Do we still need Alan Branch? His first PT was mid 4th qtr.

It wasn't any one player. The team was built so that the defense was the focal point. Even on offense, Lynch carried the team.

Wilson didn't need to be Peyton Manning to win the game. He needed to be Alex Smith.

Edited by sodbuster