Per Chris Brown, Hughes unlikely to be signed if has another good yr

YoloinOhio

I have a wild and crazy idea. Why don't they sign him to an extension right now before he has a big year? Is that too much to ask?

But if him and his agent want nothing to do with that, then he really doesn't see himself here and he can go.

they have been working on an extension since at least March. He may choose to test FA and take his chances.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have been working on an extension since at least March. He may choose to test FA and take his chances.

Exactly - it takes two sides to get on the same page. If he thinks he's going to go huge, he might not want the discounted price. Guys often bet on themselves.

Or maybe he wants a chance to pick his own city, coach, scheme, etc.... For the first time since college. Or wants to see how this season plays out (ie owner and if he keeps the staff)

Edited by NoSaint

This might be what Chris Brown is basing his opinion upon . Be pretty cold on Hughes part after what Bills gave him. But as said many times it seems "It's a business".

Trade Kyle /

I dont think so . He will go the way Fred is headed, retire a Bill .

This might be what Chris Brown is basing his opinion upon . Be pretty cold on Hughes part after what Bills gave him. But as said many times it seems "It's a business".

Trade Kyle /

I dont think so . He will go the way Fred is headed, retire a Bill .

hughes' agent likely knows if he gets 10+ sacks some team will overpay for him. I think the bills would pay him but not overpay. IMO he is more replaceable than someone like Mario. And not sure what the bills are offering considering he only has 1 yr of production.

Dear Chris Brown,

Please stop ****ing with my emotions.

The Bills have to re-sign him if they want me to continue my 35 year run as a fan of their franchise.

The lemming has turned on us.

I am a little upset about this proclamation too . But you phrased it best :P

It was a once in a generation type draft but FWIW, I'd have stayed put and drafted Manziel at 9 and then taken Kony Ealy in the second and then filled the WR need with Martavis Bryant in the 3rd.

After the Watkins pick Ealy would have been my second and my 3rd and 4th would have been Will Sutton and Martavis Byrant respectively.

If Johnny Football pans out.......and I think he will....he is going to be a billion dollar football player for that organization in terms of on field impact and pinball-like production plus the revenue generating attention and creating new fans of the team etc..

I love Sammy Watkins. Definitely the best freshman WR I have ever seen. I think 1st round picks are over valued as a commodity and if the Bills had a franchise QB the Watkins trade-up is a no brainer. If he stays healthy he should become a HOF WR but even if he does.....QB's OWN this game.

And that ain't changing.....as the NFL will change whatever rules it needs to make sure the impact and subsequent value of it's QB's are not dimished.

But what is done is done......it's up to EJ to develop into his physical gifts now and get to a level where he can at least take a more talented roster and beat the Andrew Lucks of the NFL.

Loved the Richardson and Henderson picks. Richardson seems to be steadily getting better but he's been a bit of a disappointment to me at this point.

My draft wouldn't have included Preston Brown or Ross Cockrell and from the sound of his reviews Cockrell could end up becoming a starting NFL CB so that is very good. Maybe with is smarts and competitiveness he can become a special one too.

The Henderson pick was actually a gutsy call because there were A LOT of very talented, big school talents that went undrafted. Would have loved Lyerla to have been their other 7th rounder because of his ability and versatility(nothing against Frank Summers but if he is on the field for 40% of your snaps you are giving the defense a break). But you can only expect a coaching staff to juggle so many talented head cases.

Your drafting approach is to put it mildly is very provocative. Manziel was the most compelling player in the draft. If you want buzz and the circus that goes along with it then drafting him would make sense. From what I read the Manziel pick was the owner pick (return on investment) and not a football staff decision. Call me boring but I believe that Carr and Bortles will be better pros without the naughtiness to go with it. Whaley learned from the Steeler model. EJ fits his preferred profile more than Manziel.

Colt Lyerla is a talented athlete who has criminal tendencies. If he had cocaine issues when he had little money then what do you expect will happen when the street renegade has some extra coins in his pocket? Henderson was worth the draft risk while Lyerla is not worth the bother.

As you noted there were so many different draft approaches to take in this talent rich draft. It's my view that when all is said and done if you make a pick that works out, regardless of position, then the selection was a good selection. Eventually the critical mass of talent will materialize into a roster that can compete.

Edited by JohnC

hughes' agent likely knows if he gets 10+ sacks some team will overpay for him. I think the bills would pay him but not overpay. IMO he is more replaceable than someone like Mario. And not sure what the bills are offering considering he only has 1 yr of production.

Well heck , thats my thing . Why is Brown projecting this guy to ask for the big moola already . And if Hughes agent isn't reasonable Whaley would be smart to let him go test FA. But it would be irritating as afan to see that happen. Bust turned star walks on his team for money.

its life but i dont like that scenario

Well heck , thats my thing . Why is Brown projecting this guy to ask for the big moola already . And if Hughes agent isn't reasonable Whaley would be smart to let him go test FA. But it would be irritating as afan to see that happen. Bust turned star walks on his team for money.

its life but i dont like that scenario

i think brown was just answering the question from the fan and putting parameters around it. I guess I'd be surprised if his sacks are as high as last year in this D which doesn't make him any less valuable to us, but may to other teams looking at him as their primary pass rusher. I still expect him to put considerable pressure on the QB which is sometimes just as effective, but not measured on the stat sheet. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think brown was just answering the question from the fan and putting parameters around it. I guess I'd be surprised if his sacks are as high as last year in this D which doesn't make him any less valuable to us, but may to other teams looking at him as their primary pass rusher. I still expect him to put considerable pressure on the QB which is sometimes just as effective, but not measured on the stat sheet.

This .

Of course until Bills have something in the wings its not smart for even us fans to project. He may well be more valuable to another team but the Bills at this point, have no one to threaten the position or even dependable. The discussion is a cart before the horse at this point maybe ? .

Thanks for the contextual clarification. I was not sure how it was presented, was it from fan friday ?

This .

Of course until Bills have something in the wings its not smart for even us fans to project. He may well be more valuable to another team but the Bills at this point, have no one to threaten the position or even dependable. The discussion is a cart before the horse at this point maybe ? .

Thanks for the contextual clarification. I was not sure how it was presented, was it from fan friday ?

yup - Fan Friday

Kouandjiou was picked to replace Pears right away. He was considered an every down player.

Badol, as much as I like the Tide, I was not that excited about the Koundjio selection. In 2012, he was the 4th best player on the Bama OL, and #5 (the RG) was close.

Fluker is a pure RT, the best I have seen in many, many years. He has already made a difference at San Diego. I don't view Koundjio as a difference maker. Do you?

I AM glad to hear how much you like Watkins because the truth is, I was baffled by that trade because of our situation at QB, let alone the failure to draft one in the later rounds.

Btw, do you view Searcy as a good player or a product of Pettine? I am high on Searcy. I think it's obvious that he is a hard worker and listens to his coaches. Kyle Williams was praising him big time on Sirius and I would love to hear your take on him.

We are trying to get up there this year and I will send you a PM. It's great to see you posting!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be another bad move by management. He has done nothing but excel since the trade. Get rid of another good player that "Doesn't fit the system. "

he does fit the system. And they would not be "getting rid of him." In fact they are trying to extend him and have been.