Schwartz beat the Bears twice last year

Worried about the Chicago offense in the opener. When Cutler is healthy (which is a rarity) he can kill a defense. It was nice to see that the Lions under Schwartz swept them last year. In the second game, Jay was playing injured and got worse as the game went on, but he was healthy for their first meeting and Detroit forced 4 turnovers which was the difference in the game. Hope to see the same thing happen again in the opener.

Not sure if a grass field on the road is an optimal way to open the season but it's nice to know we have a DC that thoroughly understands our opponent.

Any guesses on what the spread will be in that game? I would say Bears favored by 2 on a neutral field, plus 3 more for home field. Will be a nice locker room speech afterwards when we pull out the win.

I would feel a lot better about it if Bradham were playing. With him out, the guy I'm most worried about is Forte.

If we can limit the turnovers, though, we should be able to SHRED their defense.

I think our offense matches up better against their defense than their offense against ours. But, week one, road game, way too many wild cards for this to be a sure thing...in either team's favor.

Their offense will be potent. I agree with The Big Cat that with Bradham out, we may have issues with Forte.

I have been reading that they are having O-Line issues as usual. And we know their defense struggled last year. I expect a good game and I'm glad we got a DC that has played our NFC opponents many times.

To me the game plan to win is not complicated......

We need to have long sustained drives keeping Cutler off the field and breaking up his rythum

Then when he is in the game we need to hit him early and often......but not blitz too much

We must shut down their running game and force them to pass

And we must score touchdowns not field goals

This is a totally winnable game for us....teams that can run the ball and stop the run ALWAYS have a chance to win the game

Worried about the Chicago offense in the opener. When Cutler is healthy (which is a rarity) he can kill a defense. It was nice to see that the Lions under Schwartz swept them last year. In the second game, Jay was playing injured and got worse as the game went on, but he was healthy for their first meeting and Detroit forced 4 turnovers which was the difference in the game. Hope to see the same thing happen again in the opener.

Not sure if a grass field on the road is an optimal way to open the season but it's nice to know we have a DC that thoroughly understands our opponent.

Any guesses on what the spread will be in that game? I would say Bears favored by 2 on a neutral field, plus 3 more for home field. Will be a nice locker room speech afterwards when we pull out the win.

Thinking this will be a +6 game.

Buffalo has to run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers and penalties plus score TDs in the red zone. if they can do these, they'll have a chance in any game.

I think the Bears' secondary is young or otherwise suspect. OTOH, they have a couple of good LBs (Briggs, DJ Williams) and a couple of questionable ones (Bostic, McLellin). I prefer we pass more than run, especially if the tackles can hold off Allen and Houston.

On D, the DBs are going to be seriously challenged and have to come ready to play. Cutler will try to go to the air often to start the game and the Bills have to establish secondary domination early.

I think it is going to be a good test of our RUN defense.....people talk about their WR's but I think our secondary can hang with anyone......

We need to beat these smashmouth teams but stopping the run and forcing Cutler to make mistakes

I've never really considered the Bears teams of recent years a 'smash-mouth' team. I think the Bears will wanna toss the ball around wither their big WRs and hit Forte with a lot of screens and dump-offs underneath.

Buffalo has to run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers and penalties plus score TDs in the red zone. if they can do these, they'll have a chance in any game.

This is some in-depth analysis. Very well thought-out. B-) Hehe.

Thinking this will be a +6 game.

I was thinking a around +6 as well.

Edited by stony

their def was 30 overall last year...added Houston and Allen at the def end spot, d tackle in the second round and Fuller at the db spot. EJ needs to keep us on the field by just handing that ball off...they had the worst run def in the league.