Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Sanders was 5 foot 8 and weighed less then JF.

By your logic, wouldn't Barry sanders have been injured constantly throughout his carreer?

QBs touch the ball on 100% of the offensive plays.

QBs touch the ball on 100% of the offensive plays.

I understand that Gu, but in comparison Barry Sanders ran with the ball much more then manziel ever will, I'm not sure what the percenteges are, but manziel has a great arm and some folks are under the impression that all he does is run.

Barry Sanders was 5 foot 8 and weighed less then JF.

By your logic, wouldn't Barry sanders have been injured constantly throughout his carreer?

I see, you'll not be answering questions related to QB's who are similar in style of play to Manziel.

I'd take him over EJ. Wouldn't think twice. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. Ej is 6'4 240 and he got injured and missed time 3 separate instances in one year. I agree that Manziel is a big injury risk. I also think he's going to be a very good QB until he does get injured. I can't say that about Ej at the moment. Hopefully I can in a few weeks.

EJ had a far better game than JF his first pre-season game last year, going against starters, not backups. And he got injured in his 2nd pre-season game. Color me unimpressed until at least until JF does it against starters next weekend, much less in the regular season.

Huh?

Big, less elusive QB's will take more hits than a smaller more elusive QB correct?

Smarter QB's will take less hits then dumber QB's correct?

Stands to reason QB's on young inexperienced football teams without a good supporting cast might have a higher probablity of injury correct?

Stands to reason inexperienced rookies are more likely to sustain injury then veterans correct?

Edited by Donald Duck

Big, less elusive QB's will take more hits than a smaller more elusive QB correct?

Manziel is not a smart person or QB. Let's just get that out there.

Big, less-elusive QBs who don't know how to read defenses/get rid of the ball in a timely manner will take more hits. That has nothing to do with size or elusiveness.

Dumb QBs ... like Vick ... of whom Manziel is nearly a QB-clone ... take a lot of hits. Because they don't know how to read defenses and choose to run instead of learning when to pass the ball.

Manziel is small and dumb. Like Vick.

That is one determined, stubborn Duck. ;)

JF has been defying people and odds and record books for two full years. No one knows whether he is going to be able to continue this defiance. I think he has a decent chance. If I HAD to bet on it I guess I would say no but it wouldn't be by much.

Mike Vick is the closest thing and Mike Vick played 10 years, made it into playoffs and signed $100m contracts.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Stands to reason QB's on young inexperienced football teams without a good supporting cast might have a higher probablity of injury correct?

Stands to reason inexperienced rookies are more likely to sustain injury then veterans correct?

In order:

Not necessarily

Typically

Let's see the evidence. Both Peyton an Brady has season-ending injuries as well-established vets

Same answer as the last one