ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because home run hitters strike out alot. Some coaches are OK with the guy who strikes out alot (i.e. negative yardage carries) but hits the occasional home run too. Other coaches want guys who are contact hitters and can count on that consistently make contact (i.e. Bryce Brown). I believe Marrone prefers contact hitters. Healthy is great if part of the reason he stays healthy is you're afraid to use him much for fear of breaking down.

Why would you trade a home run hitter that can go all the way on any given play? He is younge and healthy. Use him properly Mr. Hackett. Please.

Ok, so no teams have called; has he called other teams?

"...there has been no contact with other teams about Spiller"

That suggests the teams have not talked, irrespective of who initiated the contact.

Of course that leaves open him letting agents (for example) know he might consider trading Spiller if someone were to offer him XXX (no I don't mean dirty movies or videos). But I kinda doubt it.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/13/whaley-dispels-spiller-trade-rumors/

The only place the potential trade of CJ Spiller exists is in the mind of some ESPN talking head who concluded that since the Bills have 4 Running backs they might look to trade Spiller. There is absolutely nothing behind it. Spiller is going nowhere, at least this year.

Why would you trade a home run hitter that can go all the way on any given play? He is younge and healthy. Use him properly Mr. Hackett. Please.

The homerun hitter that "goes all the way" 2.03% of the time? With the chance to fumble 1.7% of the time?

That's why I would trade him.

The only place the potential trade of CJ Spiller exists is in the mind of some ESPN talking head who concluded that since the Bills have 4 Running backs they might look to trade Spiller. There is absolutely nothing behind it. Spiller is going nowhere, at least this year.

The alternative is having a talented player you draft in rd2 who plays for Bills at a low salary for 2015 2016 2017 & 2018

or have zero for 2015 2016 2017 & 2018

or if all in for this year? get a talented TE in a player for player deal or talented OLB

"...there has been no contact with other teams about Spiller"

That suggests the teams have not talked, irrespective of who initiated the contact.

Of course that leaves open him letting agents (for example) know he might consider trading Spiller if someone were to offer him XXX (no I don't mean dirty movies or videos). But I kinda doubt it.

http://blogs.buffalo...r-trade-rumors/

Spiller does not have an agent.

Spiller does not have an agent.

I know. I used "agents" (notice I didn't say "Spiller's agent") as an example of a third party. That is, he could have had contact with someone--just not directly with a team--to let them know Spiller might be available for the right deal. But as I also said, I kinda doubt that.

The alternative is having a talented player you draft in rd2 who plays for Bills at a low salary for 2015 2016 2017 & 2018

or have zero for 2015 2016 2017 & 2018

or if all in for this year? get a talented TE in a player for player deal or talented OLB

Seriously..we don't need a tight end. Did anyone actually see Ebron the other day? I'm so glad we didn't take him. We are fine with what we have at tight end. I would not trade one of the scariest backs in the league for a tight end or an OLB. I said scary because Spiller is sometimes more of a threat as a decoy. BTW CJ is a third down back. they have him and Fred twisted. Once our coaches figure that out we will be on the right track with CJ.

Edited by SJDK

• 3 weeks later...

If this is true...in the 2015 draft, I think we can bet on the Bills drafting one of...

- Todd Gurley: 6-1, 226 lbs (my choice)

- Melvin Gordon: 6-1, 213 lbs

- TJ Yeldon: 6-2, 221 lbs

And if history means anything lately, they should all be available in the 2nd round...so maybe grabbing a 2nd for Spiller would work.

(I do not advocate trading Spiller, especially if they expect to make a run at the playoffs...but if he's going to walk, you need to get something for him.)

Absolutely not...plus, Spiller is not the kind of RB the 49ers seem to like...Gore, Lattimore and Hyde are all pretty big backs.

(The Saints would be a perfect spot for CJ Spiller...even the Rams or the Cardinals.)

Whether CJ is traded or not now, I highly doubt we have any chance at Todd Gurley in the 2nd round.

This could be the year the trend breaks with no RB's going in the 1st round...Gurley is THAT good.

(And I know it's only 1 game, but many others have said the same thing...he's too good to be a 2nd round pick.)

Whether CJ is traded or not now, I highly doubt we have any chance at Todd Gurley in the 2nd round.

This could be the year the trend breaks with no RB's going in the 1st round...Gurley is THAT good.

(And I know it's only 1 game, but many others have said the same thing...he's too good to be a 2nd round pick.)

There's no such thing in the modern NFL anymore. RBs are the most devalued position in the league, unless he's a late first rounder (as in late 20s) the chances of him going in the first round are slim. Why get locked into a higher contract structure for a rookie RB when no teams are valuing the position that high? This was true even when CJ was taken at 9, which is why his selection caused so many (including me) to conclude Nix was in over his head.

Seriously..wee don't need a tight end. Did anyone actually see Ebron the other day? I'm so glad we didn't take him. We are fine with what we have at tight end. I would not trade one of the scariest backs in the league for a tight end or an OLB. I said scary because Spiller is sometimes more of a threat as a decoy. BTW CJ is a third down back. they have him and Fred twisted. Once our coaches figure that out we will be on the right track with CJ.

Your IQ and logic is way too high for this board, you make too much sense, and your argument is cohesive and salient.

This could cost you your posting privileges; consider yourself warned.