New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm admittedly biased, but, objectively, I think the perspective an agent has with respect to players as well as the knowledge he would have of the other 31 FO's is intriguing.

The guy is impressive and very well respected across the league. I am also under impression that he would not fire Whaley or Marrone but give them a fair shot while he's in charge.

Because you are from WNY, my friend.

We all feel it. It is in our bones.

And because he is a lousy amateur poet, who, like in the immortal words of Dennis Miller after a shot of Dick Vermiel on the sidelines, "tears up quicker than Sylvia Plath being pepper-sprayed.""

That's true, and I would not be excited if he was the one making final decisions on player evaluations. But as a head of organization type? Sure.

I dunno. Agents are the most weasaly and squirrelly of all fellows.

France has a pretty good reputation though. There are exceptions. To me, there is no reason whatsoever to put anyone but yourself above Russ Brandon if you are a new owner.

Ok I guess will just not care. No where any where was it reported 8 people

Get to sit with are CEO and see all the books and put in non biding bids

Until today. But if your ok with it then I am too.

But it sure would be nice to now who these people are

Dude,

Normally I get annoyed by the Spelling & Grammar Police but since you are a heavy contributor to this thread, your butchering of the English language cannot be ignored.

Time for your English 101 lesson:

1. If you are referring to something that a group, including you, possess, or in this case, are a fan of you use "our" not "are"

2. If you are referring to something that another group, not including you, possesses, etc. you use "their" and not "there".

3. If you are going to use a contraction (that's two words combined) for "you are", you use "you're" and not "your"

That's enough for now. Study up. There will be a quiz later.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

BTW, out of curiosity, how many suitors were there for the Jacksonville Jaguars?

I love how that just sort happened and really wasn't a big league event and took place to the tune of 780 million dollars.

The only reason we know the team is for sale is because RW passed. When Haslam was announced as the buyer of the Browns it was not public knowledge that the team was for sale.

To me, there is no reason whatsoever to put anyone but yourself above Russ Brandon if you are a new owner.

Agreed.

It seems highly doubtful (to me, anyway) that any savvy new owner (Trump obviously wouldn't fall into this category) would toss away a decade-plus of real, solid NFL experience in marketing/running a small market franchise just to install a rookie team president who's "his guy."

A dumb, knee jerk personnel move like that wouldn't be the way to impress your new NFL partners. And I don't think Pegula is dumb...

I'm never the first to cast stones or call folks names.. You have called me a sock puppet, argumentative and a troll all because I have a different view than yours and 95% of the rest of our fellow Bills fan! I really must say that I think you are a sock puppet. Are you a member who was once banned? Oftentimes a cat will call the kettle black?

Now that there are more than three bidders, the team is more vulnerable to being sold. How could it not be? What evidence is there to support a claim that it isn't??

You're almost up to 10 posts in just one thread. Patience, my young apprentice.

Nope never been banned, you continue to pull things out of thin air. And I am NO ONES apprentice much less yours since I've done nothing but repeated PWN you since I came on here.. you just don't know when to quit.

You seem overly fascinated with the number of posts people have. I could care less, you either make good solid points, supported by logic and facts, or you don't.

And for the record its not because you have a different opinion its that you can't back it up with facts. And the only facts which are shaky at best all point to the team going to Pegula.

Ok not sure if you actually meant to say this, but here's a news flash for you, the team is GOING TO BE SOLD. My point was and is that it is NO more likely to be sold to an Owner who is going to MOVE the team.

Again since you can't seem to follow a trail of bread crumbs, much less a logically constructed argument, There is NO proof that there are 8 bidders except the news reports, which have already been proved to be wrong once. we KNOW who 3 of the bidders are, and who 2 of the unknown 5 are ( most likely, Golisano and the property developer who wants to put the team in west Seneca) so IF we believe that there are 8 bidders, and we know that of them 5 are pretty much known to us, and 4 of them have stated unequivocally that they intend on keeping the team here. and the one that acted sketchy about it has been told that the only way there new bid will be accepted is if they make assurances that the team will remain here. I am not going to get spooked that maybe one of the three that are left have intentions to move the team, it’s pretty clear it’s not what the Trust wants, the League wants or what we want. If you’re going to believe the media reports you have to believe all of them or NONE of them. you can't cherry pick the stories that support your point of view while ignoring the ones that don't. Every media report has said and continues to say that Pegula is the front runner.

Until I hear differently, then I am not worried.

You asked for evidence.

1. Pegula has repeatedly been shown to be the front runner (will never move the team)
  2. Golisano/trump/developer ( if he's even in the mix) have all said that intend to keep team here.
  3. BON Jovi has said he will keep team here, (I don't believe him and neither does the trust)
  4. IF the TRUST has asked BON JOVI for ASSURANCES that He has no intention of moving team, then it is illogical to assume that they will not demand the same Assurances from whomever else will attempt to Buy the team.
  5. All the evidence that we have is that the team is going to go to an Owner with a commitment to WNY.
  6. The league and the TRUST KNOW that it will be an unmitgated PR NIGHTMARE if team is sold to someone who trys to move it and THe league will most likely demand a commitment to build new stadium in region as commitment to area and woudl vote to block any attempt to move the team.

I'll conced that the seoncdhalf of point six is speculation on my part, BUT it's logical speculation.

I'm never the first to cast stones or call folks names.. You have called me a sock puppet, argumentative and a troll all because I have a different view than yours and 95% of the rest of our fellow Bills fan! I really must say that I think you are a sock puppet. Are you a member who was once banned? Oftentimes a cat will call the kettle black?

Now that there are more than three bidders, the team is more vulnerable to being sold. How could it not be? What evidence is there to support a claim that it isn't??

You're almost up to 10 posts in just one thread. Patience, my young apprentice.

Great screen name. It fits you well.

Nope never been banned, you continue to pull things out of thin air. And I am NO ONES apprentice much less yours since I've done nothing but repeated PWN you since I came on here.. you just don't know when to quit.

You seem overly fascinated with the number of posts people have. I could care less, you either make good solid points, supported by logic and facts, or you don't.

And for the record its not because you have a different opinion its that you can't back it up with facts. And the only facts which are shaky at best all point to the team going to Pegula.

IF the TRUST has asked BON JOVI for ASSURANCES that He has no intention of moving team, then it is illogical to assume that they will not demand the same Assurances from whomever else will attempt to Buy the team.

I'd like to know what the Trust expects as "assurances". A signed document stating "I will not move the team from the Buffalo area" that would likely not hold up in any court if not followed?

I'd like to know what the Trust expects as "assurances". A signed document stating "I will not move the team from the Buffalo area" that would likely not hold up in any court if not followed?

Non-relocation guarantees are actually common in sports franchise purchases. The most recent sale of the Clippers included it:

http://probasketball...om-los-angeles/

While they cannot make it indefinite, they can include terms that the purchaser agrees not to relocate the team for a specific time period, or they can tie it to a building lease/construction.

EDIT:

I just looked, and it appears that the Team can craft a Non-Relocation Agreement totally independent of a Stadium Lease, so all they'd really have to do is either sign a Non-Relocation Agreement with NYS that covers the next, say 20 years, or simply amend the existing Non-Relo to cover the time past which the lease expires (to account for new stadium construction).

Edited by thebandit27

@***********: With Donald Trump out of the mix, the race is most assuredly Pegula's to lose.

Pulled this from twitter. Was supposed to be something on the news about it at 5. Nada. False alarm and another "source" put out to pasture.