What`s up with Marrone?

Just curious, but if you were in a profession for 30 years, would you get tired of ignorant media types who havent coached or played a day of football in their lives writing articles about how you are doing your job wrong?

I agree. I can't stand when someone who is a journalist by trade acts like he knows exactly what is going on just because they cover a team and criticizes it for attention. Do they know the blocking assignments? Coverages? Play call? Reads? Behind the scenes? No.

Just curious, but if you were in a profession for 30 years, would you get tired of ignorant media types who havent coached or played a day of football in their lives writing articles about how you are doing your job wrong?

I agree. I can't stand when someone who is a journalist by trade acts like he knows exactly what is going on just because they cover a team and criticizes it for attention. Do they know the blocking assignments? Coverages? Play call? Reads? Behind the scenes? No.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wins, it will be looked at as "quirky" and "demanding." If not, media will continue to crush him.

Well he strikes me as a person that hates to lose, and it shows. I hope it rubs off on the team because they have been losers for way to long.

Terrible reporting is what I've heard from the press conferences. He's answering their questions very succinctly. They constantly ask these thin questions that literally require no answer at all. It's laughable to him. You can see it. He's toying with them. I happen to like it. Listen next time. The media merely wants affirmation of their opinions. He's not buying what we all do HERE everyday. Speculate.

Post of the day and I agree.

To whom?

I think he comes off horribly to the media and, more importantly, fans like me who want to hear thoughtful answers to the questions asked of him about the team.

I'm surprised that a lot of people here seem to be taking his side over the media. His attitude to the reporters, especially during yesterday's press conference, was bush league and embarrassing (to me at least). And to be totally honest, Marrone isn't exactly the most articulate or cerebral-sounding coach in the league, and that only becomes magnified when he is deliberately terse with the media in answering questions. Put another way, he's not smart or successful enough (yet) to pull off the Belichick approach to dealing with the media.

I was briefly a sports journalist (that's what I graduated in) here in the UK and for a year worked in the field covering some of the English Premier League Soccer teams' weekly press conferences (Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton etc). What always staggers me when I watch the Bills pressers is how the reporters get away with just naming a subject or a player and saying to the coach "can you talk a bit to that?" For instance "Seantrel Henderson's play, can you tall a bit to that?" or "the chemistry between EJ and the receivers... can you talk a bit to that?"

They are not proper questions.... if you asked them at a soccer presser you would get short shrift I promise you.

Does not like the QB he was dealt. Keeps the team from winning. Just guessing. Oh and Nassib stuck it to them. I am not a Nassib fan. Waiting for that light to turn on in E.J.s head. Pull the trigger, see the field.

In the 4th Qtr of the 1st preseason game against players that won't make the team?

Well Marrone was back at the podium today, answered questions, gave them their quotes. etc. Now what?! Back to the Mongolian BBQ for more paint chips from Dareus's Jag? We need fake drama!

Joe@BuffaloWins 32m

I'm smelling a fake outrage day dedicated to Mario soon. All too quiet on his front. Someone check his Instagram page and see if he has guns

Does not like the QB he was dealt. Keeps the team from winning. Just guessing. Oh and Nassib stuck it to them. I am not a Nassib fan. Waiting for that light to turn on in E.J.s head. Pull the trigger, see the field.

Perhaps the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.

The Giants' backup QB who owes his career to Marrone and Hackett "stuck it to them" by winging a TD pass in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game against a future McDonald's fry cook.

Perhaps the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.

The Giants' backup QB who owes his career to Marrone and Hackett "stuck it to them" by winging a TD pass in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game against a future McDonald's fry cook.

And the throw sucked! The WR had to come back for it and Bobby Boucher Felder was in coverage.

What!?

Does this mean we can't hate on him anymore? Or just that he's no longer upset that Nassib "stuck it to them" o_O

Or maybe he's OK with losing now?

I think he looks like a fool. At least someone got to him on the whole you know and obviously thing.

If we win then it's all good. Do yall really think he's trying to motivate his players through his press conferences?

Gosh I hope he does well this year, but so far his track record is not good. He's made his fair share of rookie mistakes. Hopefully he picks up his game.

The tough mad guy approach can work. Worked for Mike Ditka, Vince Lombardi, and Bill Parcells for a while. But the cerebral non emotional thing can also work. Worked for Tom Landry and Bill Walsh. Heck, even the mushy I love my guys crying thing worked for Dick Vermiel.

Whatever works works. The mad approach is not in and of itself better than any other.

And as others have asked, if he wanted to win so bad, how come he mailed in the ending?

Edited by reddogblitz

Short answers to the press. They stir this up ? Or something else ?

I just watched that press conference and almost fell out of my chair laughing. Ol' Doug was definitely bothered by someone, or something. I thought for sure he was going to jump into the press pool and start choking the first one he layed his hands on.

I just watched that press conference and almost fell out of my chair laughing. Ol' Doug was definitely bothered by someone, or something. I thought for sure he was going to jump into the press pool and start choking the first one he layed his hands on.

The only guy I've seen more annoyed and angry at the press was Dan Pastorini.