Rob Johnson

major

I really wish Rob Johnson had won that Music City Miracle game. Even though I wanted Flutie to start that game, I still wish Rob had won- his whole career would have been different with that one win. I honestly believe we would have gone to the Super Bowl that year to play the Rams. Oh well, that's enough dreaming for tonight. Wish I could go back in my Delorean and change that game.

Rob Johnson actually would have been a pretty good QB if he wasn't retarded. And if he didn't take sacks every other play.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

I would have told Norwood about 3 feet to the left....

I've actually put more detail into the thought than anybody really should. If I had a time machine, I would go back and right is Nowood lining up for the kick, I would streak across the field and he's making the kick. After that you know he would still miss the field goal, since there would be a distraction, the referees would call for a re-kick.

I've actually put more detail into the thought than anybody really should. If I had a time machine, I would go back and right is Nowood lining up for the kick, I would streak across the field and he's making the kick. After that you know he would still miss the field goal, since there would be a distraction, the referees would call for a re-kick.

Instead, if you had a time machine. Go back and kick Levy and Kelly in the nuts, say wake up and run Thurman more and we never would have been down to the last play for the win.

I really wish Rob Johnson had won that Music City Miracle game. Even though I wanted Flutie to start that game, I still wish Rob had won- his whole career would have been different with that one win. I honestly believe we would have gone to the Super Bowl that year to play the Rams. Oh well, that's enough dreaming for tonight. Wish I could go back in my Delorean and change that game.

I told a few people that whoever won the Bills/Tenn game was going to the SB. I thought they were the two best teams in the AFC that year. I had no clue who was going to win.

Instead, if you had a time machine. Go back and kick Levy and Kelly in the nuts, say wake up and run Thurman more and we never would have been down to the last play for the win.

Ultimately, Levy's the one who should get his nuts kicked here. Belicheat knew that Jimbo's Achilles' Heel was his ego and he designed a defense to exploit that weakness, counting on Jimbo to stubbornly keep on forcing the pass. When it became obvious by the second quarter that we could gash that defense by running Thurman, I recall almost ramming my head through the TV screaming at Levy "RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE" to force the Giants out of that defense. At some point, the head coach, regardless of the effect it may have on his prideful player's ego (it was the friggin Super Bowl, after all), HAS to take note of the obvious and FORCE his QB to run the ball more. Marv get's the lion's share of the blame for that loss.

Besides, if you kicked Jimbo in the nuts he would probably have just beaten the crap out of you, but wouldn't have altered his play-calling at all...

My question is why Rob J is in your memory TODAY 50 million years later?

Ps. What would have been different? He takes 1 less sack from his record 3,206 sacks. More likely he takes more sacks if he wins that game, since he would play more.

Back to wishing

I wish I was the president of a third world country. I would still be rich. Be a bad ass and it would be ok.

I wish I were an oscar Mayer Weine. That is what Id truly like to be. Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner than everyone would be in love with me.

My bolongna has a first name its o.s.c.a.r, My bologna has a second name its M.A.Y.E.R. I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll say....

cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B.O.L.O.G.N.A!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt wish that. You would also be dead.

All I know is that when Rob Johnson walked off the field that day he had that game won. You can not take away from the fact he led what should of been a game winning drive in the playoffs on the road where the Titans team was 8-0 that year.

I absolutely hated Rob Johnson when he was with the Bills. Blamed him for pretty much every failure from '98-01. Looking back now I can admit he got a raw deal. The one season where the team was finally his (2001), the management goes and completely guts the roster. That was a truly terrible team that was going to lose many games regardless of the quarterback play. And in 2000 he was playing ok, the team was at 7-4 (yes, Flutie did win them three of those games) and we went to Tampa and lost like 5 of our defensive starters to injury in one game. After that, the team took a major nosedive until the season finale against Seattle.

Interesting factoid for those that may not know: Rob Johnson's mother is from Buffalo.

On the other hand, here is all you need to know about Doug Flutie:

http://www.pinterest...89312983318255/

That's it, I'm burining my Flutie jersey. Or atleast putting tape over the name and changing it to Tuel.

All I know is that when Rob Johnson walked off the field that day he had that game won. You can not take away from the fact he led what should of been a game winning drive in the playoffs on the road where the Titans team was 8-0 that year.

Or in essence RJ did his best Doug Flutie impression that day. He did just enough to put us in position to win (ie he was a game manager) but the only thing is it took a once in a lifetime play to beat us which the Titans did. Truth be told had that play not happened most of us would remember that game for RJ running in the 4th quarter with a pulled sock and putting us in position to win that game. I admit I was an RJ fan in the RJ/Flutie debate. In retrospect I see Doug was a better QB but not by much and that's a big reason I wanted RJ to play as he was younger and had a greater upside. Yet looking back I think RJ was similar to Kolb in that he was just too fragile/injury prone to lead us anywhere. Flutie might have done more against Tennessee but can't say we'd beat the Rams if got to the Super Bowl though. As everyone tends to remember the great play of Flutie from 1998 but the below average play he had in 1999.

Edited by The Jokeman

Time creates delusion. He completed 10 passes (45%) for 131 yards. He took 6 sacks and fumbled twice (one a turnover, the other a safety). It would be stretch to call this a mediocre performance.

If the Bills did win, there is no way they go to the SB with RJ as QB. Simply an awful QB--never threw for 300 yards, never completed 30 passes a game, never had 3 wins in a row at any time, let alone in the post season.

This is a funny thread though!

RJ had as many NFL post season wins as his career as Doug Flutie, 0. In terms of 300 yard games according to http://www.pro-footb...hnRo00/gamelog/ he did have a 300 yard passing game ironically enough it was against the Flutie lead Chargers.

Edited by The Jokeman

RJ had as many NFL post season wins as his career as Doug Flutie, 0. In terms of 300 yard games according to http://www.pro-footb...hnRo00/gamelog/ he did have a 300 yard passing game ironically enough it was against the Flutie lead Chargers.

His game against the Titans had to be among the 10 worst playoff performances of the decade in the NFL.

Edited by Mr. WEO

No way.... The pain of buffalo fanhood has made me who I am today.

I wouldn't ever trade my snarky pessimistic self loathing sports outlook for any amount of wins and rings. What kind of life would that be???

Steelers fan? No thanks...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood