EJ looked calm and in control..

He very likely would have if he wasn't hurt the entire year. He was one of the top 3-4 backs in the league in 2012. There was no reason to believe he wouldn't have a monster year barring injury, which is what happened. On one ankle he still averaged 4.6 yards a carry.

If you really can't see that Spiller is a very, very good if not great back, you know nothing about football. It's arguable that backs are not that important anymore, and you shouldn't pay them top dollar, and Spiller did not excel until his third year, and he was a poor choice when he was drafted. All of that is arguable. If you cannot see that he is a great running back, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

How great is great? What is more important to you, homerun threat or consistency?

You can go ahead and argue but CJ isn't top 10. He's not even close. Fans put the blinders on because they think their homerun threat scores. He doesn't.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How great is great? What is more important to you, homerun threat or consistency?

You can go ahead and argue but CJ isn't top 10. He's not even close. Fans put the blinders on because they think their homerun threat scores. He doesn't.

I think the value CJ adds can be illustrated with the following statistic:

In each of the past 2 seasons, he's been 2nd in the NFL in carries of over 20 yards. In 2011, he was tied for 7th.

For a guy that's spent much of his time splitting carries, that's pretty darn productive.

He averages 5.1 for his career. That's higher than Adrian Peterson. It's second among active running backs with only Jamal Charles ahead of him. And that's with several injuries and no home runs as you say. He's great.

Maybe you should put your blinders on. Facts, they kill an agenda.

I think the value CJ adds can be illustrated with the following statistic:

In each of the past 2 seasons, he's been 2nd in the NFL in carries of over 20 yards. In 2011, he was tied for 7th.

For a guy that's spent much of his time splitting carries, that's pretty darn productive.

That's fine, but does that put him top 10? Because, to me, there are at least 10 other RB's I would rather have.

He averages 5.1 for his career. That's higher than Adrian Peterson. It's second among active running backs with only Jamal Charles ahead of him. And that's with several injuries and no home runs as you say. He's great.

Same question. Is he better than AP?

Also, to all of three of you. What is CJ's # of first downs? Do you know? I think the number would scare you.

Maybe you should put your blinders on. Facts, they kill an agenda.

The guy had 2 TD's last year.

Edited by FireChan

That's fine, but does that put him top 10? Because, to me, there are at least 10 other RB's I would rather have.

Can you provide that list of 10?

How is that his fault, he was not put in the game in those situations. I blame his (apparent lack of production) more on the coaches then i do Spiller.

Can you provide that list of 10?

How is that his fault, he was not put in the game in those situations. I blame his (apparent lack of production) more on the coaches then i do Spiller.

Gladly.

McCoy, Charles, Murray, Lynch, Lacy, Forte, Morris, Gore, AP, Freddy.

I'd rather have those guys instead of Spiller and twice on Sunday.

Finally got a home and watched the game (first half anyway). My impressions:

1. First and third blocked passes were on EJ. You can't make it that easy for a defense to read where your going with the ball.

2. Second blocked pass was a blown assignment by the OL.

3. Mike Williams jumped too early on that pass, should have been a TD.

4. DL looks good of course

5. Secondary wasn't really tested in the early going.

6. Giants starting O scored (ran down the throats) of our backup D.

7. Tule reminds me of a young Fitz. He's a gunslinger.

8. TJ Graham is a definite cut. He just can't catch the damn ball! That's kind of an important part of being a wide receiver.

9. Woods needs to play every game that way. I just hope someone can get him the ball.

10. Wished Sammy had received more opportunities so he could have made his first catch.

He has 12 career TD runs, 755 yards per year, in the 61 games played, that is only 49.5 yards per game. Yup top 10. He totally deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence of as AP and Jamaal Charles too!

Delusional.

Also, to all of three of you. What is CJ's # of first downs? Do you know? I think the number would scare you.

CJ is not better than Marshawn. Marshawn beats CJ hands down.

i missed the game, but i gather from this quote on ESPN's site, that the young O had a decent day at the office.

...Manuel doesn't seem too concerned.

"We did a very good job at executing what we wanted to execute," Manuel said..

i saw the stats, and 2 highlight EJ tosses - one from under center and one from shotgun - where the ball came out quickly to open men.. hopefully, the skill guys are finding a rhythm. any pat, pat, pat sightings in the Buffalo pocket tonight?

i missed the game, but i gather from this quote on ESPN's site, that the young O had a decent day at the office.

...Manuel doesn't seem too concerned.

"We did a very good job at executing what we wanted to execute," Manuel said..

i saw the stats, and 2 highlight EJ tosses - one from under center and one from shotgun - where the ball came out quickly to open men.. hopefully, the skill guys are finding a rhythm. any pat, pat, pat sightings in the Buffalo pocket tonight?

i thought his highlight might have been an incomplete pass. chandler was in really tight coverage, manuel laid the ball out just before he came out of the break where only chandler could catch it. should have been a completion. i think it is just a timing issue since scotty hasnt been around much in tc