EJ looked calm and in control..

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that. I don't use the "fanboy" "kool aid drinker" terms(although some people have outright adopted the kool aid term as their identity for some reason)..... but those are rather soft, innocuous terms.

That is different than trying to explain someone's opinion with a personal shot at their upbringing/family.

That's where a disagreement turns into a fight.

The proper designation for "hater" is "critic". I have no problem with being called a critic of the Bills. They've earned it.

Apologist is the term I use for "defenders" of the team and the reason I use it instead of "defenders" is because it is more accurately descriptive. "Defender" implies that it is deserved, which is not accurate.

An apologist is "someone who supports a controversial position". And it is controversial because the Bills have been bad and have EARNED the serious doubt and skepticism they are viewed with.

You can say the past doesn't matter....but in a game where score is kept it most certainly does.

I do understand WHY such bile for fellow fans emerges from people here who do not like to hear negative takes on the team.........it's because the evidence so often is very much against the apologist take.

That leads to frustration and the blow ups we see here.

I validate your feelings and would like to offer you a hug.

Yet I received a warning from Beerball for trolling.

Lovely setup we have here.

I'll keep my mouth shut, I guess.

You have no warning points. What you received was a PM from me. If you find any post(s) at this site offensive or across the line I'd encourage you to use the report function.

I got pulled to the side and talked to by a mod this last week.....but I considered it more of a friendly lookout because this time last year I was going after "realists" very hard...perhaps too hard. I dont plan on doing that this year....but still sometimes hard to hold back when "realists" can post whatever they want because its "their opinion"

Sometimes I feel that they post it simply to get a response.......so I try not to take the hook and bait too hard when they do anymore.

Anyone here can post their opinion. Where it crosses "my" line is when an entire section of the fan base is told that they are pathetic which happened up thread. What crosses my line is name calling directed at a specific person because their opinion differs from someone else's. I don't care what side you fall on, if you cross the line I will remove the post and send a PM or warn if I feel that's necessary. I know people don't believe me, but, I would guess that my deletions are fairly close to 50/50 (on most any issue). I try very hard to remain objective even though I've got skins in this game too. Name calling, belittling etc. don't cut it.

Say your piece and be respectful and we'll have no issues.

And...I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...use the report function to bring something that you feel is out of line to our attention. Responding in kind gets you nothing, pissing contests over the interwebs are about the most stupidest thing you can get involved in.

We cannot and do not read every post in every thread...it's simply impossible especially at this time of the year.

I like my opinions too.

I also like how you've taken it upon yourself to dole out factual names to each group.

It's only his opinion. ;)

According to this, EJ is horrendously bad when facing no pressure, but not terrible at all when under pressure:

http://www.footballo...ys-quarterbacks

No wonder us Bills fans feel like we're losing our minds... what to make of this?

On the surface, it seems to say that EJ is at his best when he's forced to make a quick decision with the football. When he's not, he gets paralysis by analysis; part of that may have been due to the WR group and some of the timing concepts, as a few other posters pointed out, but I tend to put it more on the QB.

When EJ makes a quick decision with the ball, he's very effective (at least that's what I've seen).

Anyone here can post their opinion. Where it crosses "my" line is when an entire section of the fan base is told that they are pathetic which happened up thread. What crosses my line is name calling directed at a specific person because their opinion differs from someone else's. I don't care what side you fall on, if you cross the line I will remove the post and send a PM or warn if I feel that's necessary. I know people don't believe me, but, I would guess that my deletions are fairly close to 50/50 (on most any issue). I try very hard to remain objective even though I've got skins in this game too. Name calling, belittling etc. don't cut it.

And...I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...use the report function to bring something that you feel is out of line to our attention. Responding in kind gets you nothing, pissing contests over the interwebs are about the most stupidest thing you can get involved in.

We cannot and do not read every post in every thread...it's simply impossible especially at this time of the year.

I'll tack onto this sentiment that labeling any fan or group of fans is unacceptable IMO. There's no "apologists", "haters", etc. There are people, and perhaps it's time we all start treating each other that way. Myself included.

Thank you....and all very true...or, you can take the approach Gugny and I did and simply work out our own resolution fairly and with good intentions while accepting the responsibility on our individual parts so that involving a Mod is unnecessary by treating each other with respect and ethical courtesy...not to get Gugny's ire back up to re-hash the whole incident but to me, it is an example of two gentleman doing their best to act as such....after, they in fact were not...anyways, opinions run hot and heavy in this board, and sometimes our tempers flare or our personal perspective outweighs normal reason and diplomacy, in the end we should remember that we are a brotherhood / sisterhood of fans banding together to fight against the negativity of outsiders and constant ridicule, to stand by the team with a positive outlook as often as possible and remain steadfast in our hope for a better team....

According to this, EJ is horrendously bad when facing no pressure, but not terrible at all when under pressure:

http://www.footballo...ys-quarterbacks

No wonder us Bills fans feel like we're losing our minds... what to make of this?

It mainly says that he is pretty bad when pressured (2.6 yards per play) but so is mostly every QB for obvious reasons so he is ranked 18th. When not pressured every other QB improves immensely while EJ barely improves. I dont think its that he plays worse when not pressured.

Go Bills

Pressure = instinct...

No pressure = time to think, and second guess...

Not surprised by such rankings, especially for a "project" rookie.

I have said this many times and I still belive it.....

EJ Manuel plays his best ball when the pressure cooker is at its highest....unlike say a Ryan Fitzpatrick who always folded when the pressure rose......

It is one of the reasons I still believe EJ is the one.......I have to believe that he will find a way to harness what makes him a good pressure player and get some consistancy to play like that for a full 4 quarters

If he does that......he is a top 5 QB in the league because of his physical talents

I have said this many times and I still belive it.....

EJ Manuel plays his best ball when the pressure cooker is at its highest....unlike say a Ryan Fitzpatrick who always folded when the pressure rose......

It is one of the reasons I still believe EJ is the one.......I have to believe that he will find a way to harness what makes him a good pressure player and get some consistancy to play like that for a full 4 quarters

If he does that......he is a top 5 QB in the league because of his physical talents

Is EJ the one?

Dunno, jury is still out. I do think he has the most potential of any QB we've had since Kelly.

I think if just a couple of lights can click on for him he can be in the Dalton/Flacco range quite easily.