Where will we finish (record & Division)

MClem06

116 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 6-10 or lower
    • 7-9 to 9-7
    • 10-6 or higher
  2. 2. Where will we finish in the division?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

I was wondering when this thread was going to get posted. This year I'm going to be realistic. 6-10, that's where the Bills are. That's where they finished last year, and that's who they've been the last several years, until they can prove otherwise. Until they can: A. win more games on the road, B. finish teams off, especially when they have the lead in the second half! Then that's where they are. I don't care about injuries, all teams have injuries during the season. It's past time to play at the next level, or two. FWIW, that's my 2 cents. Go Bills!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An overwhelming majority thinking the Bills leapfrog both the Jests and the Fish and finish in 2nd place this season. Interesting.

I predicted getting past one of them but not both. Not this season anyway.

I'd say all 3 are close. A badly placed injury or freak bounce of the ball could be the gap between 2 and 4. All three possibly between 7 to 9 wins unless someone's starting a 4th string qb or loses 17 offensive lineman to injury/bullying. All 3 teams have some real strengths, some shaky spots and a big question mark at qb.

I can't imagine anyone calling us a slam dunk for 10+ has actually watched a 10 win season in about 15 or so years. We would need a real jump in qb play, game planning, and to stay healthy. All possible, none slam dunks.

I suspect it's a product of seeing 5 games that you might give us a slight edge (say 60-40) and chalking that up as 5-0 not 3-2

It's an I told you so thread we can repost at the end of regular season. If you feel like elaborating then you can do so here. Listing w/loss per game:

REGULAR

• 1 SEP 7 1:00PMEDT ) AT BEARS -L
  • 2 SEP 14 1:00PMEDT * DOLPHINS -W
  • 3 SEP 21 1:00PMEDT * CHARGERS -W
  • 4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT * AT TEXANS -L
  • 5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT ) AT LIONS -W
  • 6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT * PATRIOTS -W
  • 7 OCT 19 1:00PMEDT ) VIKINGS -W
  • 8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS -W
  • 10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST * CHIEFS -L
  • 11 NOV 13 8:25PMEST , AT DOLPHINS -W
  • 12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST * JETS -L
  • 13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST * BROWNS -W
  • 14 DEC 7 4:05PMEST * AT BRONCOS -L
  • 15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST ) PACKERS -L
  • 16 DEC 21 4:25PMEST * AT RAIDERS -W
  • 17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS -L

9-7

2nd in division.

Just miss 2nd WC.

IF they sweep Jest, then they snag last WC.

It's an I told you so thread we can repost at the end of regular season. If you feel like elaborating then you can do so here. Listing w/loss per game:

REGULAR

• 1 SEP 7 1:00PMEDT ) AT BEARS
  • 2 SEP 14 1:00PMEDT * DOLPHINS
  • 3 SEP 21 1:00PMEDT * CHARGERS
  • 4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT * AT TEXANS
  • 5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT ) AT LIONS
  • 6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT * PATRIOTS
  • 7 OCT 19 1:00PMEDT ) VIKINGS
  • 8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS
  • 10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST * CHIEFS
  • 11 NOV 13 8:25PMEST , AT DOLPHINS
  • 12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST * JETS
  • 13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST * BROWNS
  • 14 DEC 7 4:05PMEST * AT BRONCOS
  • 15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST ) PACKERS
  • 16 DEC 21 4:25PMEST * AT RAIDERS
  • 17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS

Injuries have so much to do with this. If no more Kiko's, I could see 10 wins if EJ improves. Health of the roster means everything for the vast majority of teams. 5 or 6 key guys go down, you can go 5-11 in a hurry. Stay healthy, the reverse can happen. No way to predict a season in the NFL since free agency and the salary cap. Can't build a deep roster anymore. Healthy starters you have a good chance to mostly win, injured starters you mostly lose. Sorry to waffle , but it is what it is.

Injuries have so much to do with this. If no more Kiko's, I could see 10 wins if EJ improves. Health of the roster means everything for the vast majority of teams. 5 or 6 key guys go down, you can go 5-11 in a hurry. Stay healthy, the reverse can happen. No way to predict a season in the NFL since free agency and the salary cap. Can't build a deep roster anymore. Healthy starters you have a good chance to mostly win, injured starters you mostly lose. Sorry to waffle , but it is what it is.

All of this is true, but is it a chicken and egg thing? Do good teams injure the other team, and do bad teams get injured?

I have no idea. Every team, including ours, is different than last year. Injuries happen. They could win or lose any of these games. But I think we are a more complete team overall and have more experience in the starting positions and coaching staff so I predict a better record than last year. I feel this is the year we make the playoffs, and it would take 10-6 to do that, so I went that route. Can't do the game by game prediction but I believe 4-2 in the division is feasible and as usual we will lose a game we are supposed to win and win a game we are supposed to lose.

I was going with 6-0 in our division until Kiko was injured, now I'll go with 5-1. The biggest improvement of this coaching staff over Chan's, is the ability to make the proper adjustments during a game. I'm going with 10-6 or better for this season & I won't be deterred if we end up losing the first game to Chicago. This coaching staff and young team will continue to get better as the year goes on. Play-offs Baby!

I was going with 6-0 in our division until Kiko was injured, now I'll go with 5-1. The biggest improvement of this coaching staff over Chan's, is the ability to make the proper adjustments during a game. I'm going with 10-6 or better for this season & I won't be deterred if we end up losing the first game to Chicago. This coaching staff and young team will continue to get better as the year goes on. Play-offs Baby!

If a half dozen key starters go down by week 6, 6-0 becomes 0-6 pretty fast, no matter what the coaches do and the young team won't get better on crutches. turnovers lose games, significant injuries end seasons. Outside of the top half dozen teams, where mini-dynasties are still possible, player and coaching talent is pretty well spread evenly, turnovers and injuries decide your record ultimately.

It's really looking like four wins tops. Nat Hackett is just garbage... -At least we'll be drafting high next year.

Correction: thanks to the Sammy thing we won't be drafting as high as we could be. -Good move, sure hope it works out.