Even Harry Potter knows the Bills need to stay in Buffalo

JoeF

I hope there's no beer embargo! They win at beer!

Sam Adams and Ithaca Brewing Co. (*etc.) is much better in taste and quality than Labatt and Molson, in my opinion...they might "win" in cheap/strong beer, but that's about it.

(*Yuengling, Killian's, Blue Moon...there's so many more.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, Kimmel is a great dude. I've gotten the chance to meet him a few times and he's a genuine sports junkie on top of being hilarious. When I told him I was a Bills fan he hugged me without missing a beat and goes, "I'm guessing you needed that." We wound up shooting the **** about football for a bit and he knows his stuff. Love that he said that on the air.

Then you're doing it wrong. Sooooo many excellent US craft beers these days.

Maybe I am. I walk into some places around here with 100+ draft beers to chose from. I get overwhelmed and ask if they have Budweiser. I KNOW I like most of the Molson line, and near the top of my all time list are those Old Vienna splits (probably long gone). The Canadian beers bring back the days of driving up to the beer store and then the quarry with a car full of girls. Call me a fool....

Then you're doing it wrong. Sooooo many excellent US craft beers these days.

I think the US kicks Canada's azz in beer these days. I remember hearing that Toronto tourists were taking bus tours to Buffalo to drink at places like the Blue Monk. Apparently Canadians don't allow just anyone to brew beer.

Maybe I am. I walk into some places around here with 100+ draft beers to chose from. I get overwhelmed and ask if they have Budweiser. I KNOW I like most of the Molson line, and near the top of my all time list are those Old Vienna splits (probably long gone). The Canadian beers bring back the days of driving up to the beer store and then the quarry with a car full of girls. Call me a fool....

Any place worth its draft handles will let you sample whatever you want before you make the full commitment. Other places do kind of a sampler platter of beer where they bring 3 or 4 smaller glasses of things. If you don't know what to ask for tell them what you like (more importantly what you don't) and let them pick for you a couple times. The variety in flavors and characters available these days is astounding. There are beers that try to rip your face off with hops on one end and others that are like liquid bread on the other and everything in between.

Will there be drinking ?

Because if there is going to be drinking I want to go too !

How about just go over there and drink their beer . like alot of it .

That might teach them a thing or two.

We will need a designated driver though . Maybe i can force one or two of my kids.

Or we could take a tour bus !

That would be stealthy . We could surprise them ! Drink alot of their beer and then leave .

They would not even know probably that we had won the war. And if we did not mention it to them they would not be embarassed at how crafty we americans are.

Face would be saved and we all could still tailgate all together

Post of the year.

Yes . This is the way i recall it too. Brador runs . the short squat bottles that held labatts 50 . Molson used to have about 25 different beers from Porter (gloop gloop gloop) to the aforementioned Stock ale> I believe it a had a sailing vessel upon the label. Those beers were the best beers of my life.

Road Trip ! Whos in .

Anybody know where the gas cap is on a a 57 chevy ? Neither did the border patrol back in the late 70s ! Did you also not know you can fit a case of bottles between the radiator and grill of said cool car ?

I suppose Augie we come from a special time and simple pleasures

eh ?

We have you to be undercover though.

He already is . :flirt:

Any place worth its draft handles will let you sample whatever you want before you make the full commitment. Other places do kind of a sampler platter of beer where they bring 3 or 4 smaller glasses of things. If you don't know what to ask for tell them what you like (more importantly what you don't) and let them pick for you a couple times. The variety in flavors and characters available these days is astounding. There are beers that try to rip your face off with hops on one end and others that are like liquid bread on the other and everything in between.

Tis true enough fellow imbiber. Almost overwhelming though . Go to a Wegmans and you can probably never try the same beer twice if you chose.

I sometimes like to indulge myself on a Friday with a bottle or a sixpack of something intrigueing. something to share.

But i prefer old reliables. In a lot of things .

Pete's wicked Red was my first reall attempt to step into the world of brewing .

These days a Bottle of Belgium beer is my big whoopee treat. A Lambic ( dont start ! ).

Ommegang Brewery in NY is one of the best breweries I have ever sampled . But i digress....again

Spoiler alert: pegula kills jbj

Wiz ! ? Seriously ? You had to ruin it for everyone dint you ?

geez.

I will watch it till the end anyways but the popcorn wont taste the same :censored:

Yes . This is the way i recall it too. Brador runs . the short squat bottles that held labatts 50 . Molson used to have about 25 different beers from Porter (gloop gloop gloop) to the aforementioned Stock ale> I believe it a had a sailing vessel upon the label. Those beers were the best beers of my life.

Road Trip ! Whos in .

Anybody know where the gas cap is on a a 57 chevy ? Neither did the border patrol back in the late 70s ! Did you also not know you can fit a case of bottles between the radiator and grill of said cool car ?

I suppose Augie we come from a special time and simple pleasures

eh ?

He already is . :flirt:

It's behind the taillight. Go ahead and pull over to secondary inspection Sir.