GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Tough game - OSU just had more playmakers on offense. 

With all the frustrations watching McCord's week-to-week and quarter-to-quarter development, the OL's shocking struggles on run blocking, and the injuries on both sides of the ball... one could be forgiven for not noticing that this season has strong 2002 vibes.   

I enjoyed the Silver Bullets/tressel ball today. McCord is a krenzel type. 5 star my arse! Only because he had Marv in HS.

1 hour ago, wolfpack78 said:

Might be the OSU homer in me but I wouldn’t be mad if the Bills gave up two firsts plus to get Marv.

Even with 2 first round picks they aren't moving up that far 

And yeah it's crazy to give it up for a wide receiver even like Marvin Harrison Jr

Does the Homer in you see how sloppy some of his routes are? 

Amazing talent but he's not Jerry Rice... 

Certainly would give up a first round pick for the rights to draft him... But that's not going to get it done with a guy who's going inside the top 6

I literally expect a 4.42 forty maybe faster... But he's long so he's probably better in the hundred than he is the 40

Edited by Buffalo716

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I enjoyed the Silver Bullets/tressel ball today. McCord is a krenzel type. 5 star my arse! Only because he had Marv in HS.

Congrats Yolo!  At least we gave you a game defensively.  Penn State needs WRs.  OSU seems to always have a plethora.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Congrats Yolo!  At least we gave you a game defensively.  Penn State needs WRs.  OSU seems to always have a plethora.

Ya - crazy that Penn State ALMOST recruited Marvin Harrison & Julian Flemming... This game was lost in the recruiting battle years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Another ugly win but the Bucks are sitting at 8-0 with the best resume in America. Entertaining season so far!

I wish Kyle McCord was further along in his development heading into November, but the defense is elite and so are the playmakers on offense... maybe that's all they need this year along with toughness.  Go Bucks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Another ugly win but the Bucks are sitting at 8-0 with the best resume in America. Entertaining season so far!

I wish Kyle McCord was further along in his development heading into November, but the defense is elite and so are the playmakers on offense... maybe that's all they need this year along with toughness.  Go Bucks.

McCord needs to stop being Marvin focused all the time and process the field better... as the season kicks into high gear for the playoffs, we won't be facing teams like Purdue and Maryland going forward...

• Agree 1

This team is gaslighting me. Watching them is physically painful.  McCord sometimes looks like he doesn't know what he's doing out there. Injuries are piling up on defense, and the in-game experience is just stressful.  But then I look up at the end and they're 9-0, covered an 18.5 pt spread, McCord looks great on paper, the two-deep is full of NFL quality talent, Henderson is coming on bigtime (shades of 2019 Dobbins), and the defense is elite. I guess hang on sloopy for another week and keep swinging.  GO BUCKS!

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, Willyville Guy said:

This team is gaslighting me. Watching them is physically painful.  McCord sometimes looks like he doesn't know what he's doing out there. Injuries are piling up on defense, and the in-game experience is just stressful.  But then I look up at the end and they're 9-0, covered an 18.5 pt spread, McCord looks great on paper, the two-deep is full of NFL quality talent, Henderson is coming on bigtime (shades of 2019 Dobbins), and the defense is elite. I guess hang on sloopy for another week and keep swinging.  GO BUCKS!

We will probably have to win out to make the CFP, clearly... with Notre Dame losing again and if Penn State loses badly to Michigan, our schedule looks a lot weaker. If Washington, FSU and Georgia keep winning, they DEFINITELY have to win out...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

On 10/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, JimBob2232 said:

Penn State really knows how to destroy 5 star QBs...and get scrappy 2 star QBs to play with moxie.  McGloin, McSorley, Clifford >>> Hackenberg & Allar.  Pribla may be in that former camp too....just disapointing.

Strange part with Allar is that he isnt bad.  He has ALL the tools.  He is poised and confident.  He doesn't throw interceptions.  He is just inaccurate (thus far) and has no good receivers.  Dare I say he needs a Josh Allen type of turn..

Aller looked great last year coming in for spot duty when Clifford was hurt.  He went downfield a lot and completed a some nice passes.  This year's offense looks a lot like Buffalo's offense.  Nothing down the field, no WRs who can get separation, and as a result defenses sit on everything short and attack.  Aller throws an accurate ball.  Too many of his incompletions are off the hands of his intended receiver. He could benefit from a little more touch at times since his WRs can't catch anything with heat on it.  

I don't know why they concentrated on stuffing the run down the throats of inferior competition rather than work on getting the passing game going.  Maybe the new OC will improve.  I Franklin is too conservative to overcome the talent gap between PSU, Ohio, and Michigan.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Aller looked great last year coming in for spot duty when Clifford was hurt.  He went downfield a lot and completed a some nice passes.  This year's offense looks a lot like Buffalo's offense.  Nothing down the field, no WRs who can get separation, and as a result defenses sit on everything short and attack.  Aller throws an accurate ball.  Too many of his incompletions are off the hands of his intended receiver. He could benefit from a little more touch at times since his WRs can't catch anything with heat on it.  

I don't know why they concentrated on stuffing the run down the throats of inferior competition rather than work on getting the passing game going.  Maybe the new OC will improve.  I Franklin is too conservative to overcome the talent gap between PSU, Ohio, and Michigan.

I don’t know if i agree on accuracy - but it’s not worth quibbling over.   Bad receivers can make you look inaccurate.  I was at the game Saturday.  The receivers didn’t know what they were doing.  They were constantly confused pre-snap.  I can’t imagine they were running the right routes post snap.  That’s obviously coaching (and maybe some work ethic on the WRs) - but it’s concerning.  

All I know is that Penn state almost landed Justin fields and Marvin Harrison and Julian Fleming…those few misses (and I’m sure others) would have totally changed the trajectory.  Hitting on Allar would as well.  But as of now - they didn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm choosing to ease the pain from Monday Night Football by reflecting on my visit to the 'Shoe this past Saturday night with my college friends. The boys were back in town!

Every year we say it's a process -- the team develops over the course of the season, and all we can hope for is that it peaks in November. And look what happened against (an admittedly poor version of) Sparty. McCord finally looked comfortable. He stepped up in the pocket, delivered dimes all over the field, and gave this team more than what it needs from the QB position. He was helped by the return of Stover and Egbuka. He was helped by Henderson running hard as hell for another week. And of course he was helped by the best player in the country earning 3TDs before I finished my first stadium beer.  Still, give the kid and his coach credit for staying on schedule, shaking off all the "Maserati Marv with Honda McCord" jokes, and taking this team to 10-0.  

The defense continues to impress. I don't think I've seen many DTs at OSU stuff the run better than Tyleik Williams. Sonny Styles made absolutely violent plays all over the field. It's just great to finally see a silver bullets defense flying around. Credit to Knowles for keeping this unit together through the injuries.  

I expect the Bucks to cover another 30+ pt spread this week, and then it will be time to see how far they have actually come up in AA. Go Bucks!

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

I'm choosing to ease the pain from Monday Night Football by reflecting on my visit to the 'Shoe this past Saturday night with my college friends. The boys were back in town!

Every year we say it's a process -- the team develops over the course of the season, and all we can hope for is that it peaks in November. And look what happened against (an admittedly poor version of) Sparty. McCord finally looked comfortable. He stepped up in the pocket, delivered dimes all over the field, and gave this team more than what it needs from the QB position. He was helped by the return of Stover and Egbuka. He was helped by Henderson running hard as hell for another week. And of course he was helped by the best player in the country earning 3TDs before I finished my first stadium beer.  Still, give the kid and his coach credit for staying on schedule, shaking off all the "Maserati Marv with Honda McCord" jokes, and taking this team to 10-0.  

The defense continues to impress. I don't think I've seen many DTs at OSU stuff the run better than Tyleik Williams. Sonny Styles made absolutely violent plays all over the field. It's just great to finally see a silver bullets defense flying around. Credit to Knowles for keeping this unit together through the injuries.  

I expect the Bucks to cover another 30+ pt spread this week, and then it will be time to see how far they have actually come up in AA. Go Bucks!

They’re our only hope now! LFG

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You're going to lose to Michigan 

I am? Damn that sucks.

TUN could certainly make it three in a row this year. My biggest concern with them is the starting O-line with all grad students and seniors. That unit has looked like men playing against boys all season long. Like every year, it will take a truly special effort to win The Game. 

17 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I am? Damn that sucks.

TUN could certainly make it three in a row this year. My biggest concern with them is the starting O-line with all grad students and seniors. That unit has looked like men playing against boys all season long. Like every year, it will take a truly special effort to win The Game. 

Is this not a Ohio State buckeyes thread?

And I see the word we referenced to Ohio State plenty of times in this thread... And I'm just making a prediction

I could care less about Michigan 

When both teams are good it's a great rivalry for college football 

Edited by Buffalo716

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is this not a Ohio State buckeyes thread?

And I see the word we referenced to Ohio State plenty of times in this thread... And I'm just making a prediction

I could care less about Michigan 

When both teams are good it's a great rivalry for college football 

Lol I'm just busting your chops for coming into an Ohio State thread to say the Bucks are going to lose. We'll see how it goes.