GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Which makes me even more angry about the Michigan loss. Unacceptable. 

Dude, you seriously need to come back... not having this Roll Tide SEC BS at the top of the thread list!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I think Ryan Day is in serious jeopardy after 2024 if he can't beat Xichigan... and I am also very concerned about the state of QB play as well going forward. When the playoff expands is when we will know what's what... I just hope that they get the QB right.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Reminds me of Clemson 2019. Big lead early, controlled the game,  A million ways they could have won, huge game changing calls by the officials, giant QB performance, failed chance at the end.

I hope you return soon and all is well! OH............

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I hope you return soon and all is well! OH............

Same here - Go Bucks

On 7/14/2023 at 2:39 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Personally I think Ryan Day is in serious jeopardy after 2024 if he can't beat Xichigan... and I am also very concerned about the state of QB play as well going forward. When the playoff expands is when we will know what's what... I just hope that they get the QB right.

Is there any chance that Brown upsets McCord in the QB competition?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Is there any chance that Brown upsets McCord in the QB competition?

There is always a chance, but I sincerely doubt that Day will break from the Meyer way of committing to a QB and sticking with him... it would take a monumental effort by Brown or injury to change the depth chart IMHO. I have seen this movie too many times where even if the QB performs better, the established backup gets the job (see the disastrous Barrett decision where Burrow played better but Barrett was handed the job).

• 4 weeks later...

Gameday baby LFG!!!  Not entirely sure what to expect this year. The roster looks stacked but the QB is just a huge question mark. Hopefully Day will continue his streak and develop a fourth consecutive new starter into a first-round draft pick. I'd also like to see the defense take a significant step forward after dropping a major bag on Jim Knowles the year before last. And of course The Game has become even more of a pressure cooker as TUN looks like it has its best team in years.  Can't wait -- fight the team across the field and Go Bucks!!

• Like (+1) 1

Quick thoughts on Wk 1.

• Defense looks incredible -- DLine made a huge difference, Sonny Styles living up to the hype at safety is great to see.
  • McCord looked stiff -- I don't think he played badly, but he needs to loosen up. Playcalling didn't help.
  • Playcalling was weak -- way too conservative for this much talent at the skill positions. Open it up! 
  • Chip Trayanum should be RB1 -- I know there's a lot of investment in Henderson, but Chip looks different out there.
  • Stover was a menace at TE -- love to see it.

Go Bucks

Went to the game today vs Youngstown. First time watching specifically Marvin Harrison Jr for whole game. Holy cow he runs some sloppy routes. His talent is undeniable and he'll dominate college just with that along with size and speed but he needs to work on a lot before getting to the pros. I figured he would be pretty polished with his dad helping him out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Big week this week! Some notes...

- McCord has looked pretty cool under pressure, so this will be a huge test whether or not this carries over once he gets top level rushes in his face. He's definitely looking more Burrow-like which is a positive.

- The offensive staff needs to do a better job in allowing McCord to spread the defense out in their playcalling... far too much short stuff which can be dangerous.

- Is it me or are the RBs not much of a speed threat outside and are very north-south oriented? I don't think that Notre Dame will be too worried about covering outside runs, which could be an issue.

- The defense has played great and has been quite sharp, which is VERY encouraging. If the offense has long stretches of little production, the defense could be  huge factor in keeping it close enough to pull out a victory.