Trade Spiller for ...  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for CJ

• QB Brock Osweiler 6' 7" 242
    • QB Kirck Cousins 6' 3" 214
    • QB Brian Hoyer 6' 2" 215
    • other
    • no trade

Okay, I must've mis-read then...I took for granted that that's what you asked for because you had quoted FireChan, who said this:

Hence I provided the link.

Were some of plays play action?

Also, does the defense not move the same when Freddy gets a hand off?

Yeah, except I subscribe to the belief that every skill-position player 'opens up plays' for his teammates. When we cut Lee Evans, you would have thought this contribution was entirely indispensable and a reason to keep a player. I didn't buy that argument then, and I won't buy it for CJ, either.

I sort of agree with this. At least, for it to be a large impact on the other positions, the player better consistently make the defense pay. Think more AP and Calvin Johnson. Less guys like Goodwin.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the benefit of pre-snap looks and play-by-play comparisons, we cannot say.

My point was simply that those plays illustrate how aggressively some teams played against CJ, which did create opportunities for other guys.

If you don't agree, that's fine. If you'd like to provide some basis for comparison, I'm all ears...time's a bit short for me right now, so I cannot volunteer to do so with the level of detail I'd like to provide.

I sort of agree with this. At least, for it to be a large impact on the other positions, the player better consistently make the defense pay. Think more AP and Calvin Johnson. Less guys like Goodwin.

I would argue that the Bills have not had an offensive player since the playoff drought whose mere presence dictated the defense like either of those players. I'm willing to acknowledge exceptions to the rule I conveyed before, we just haven't had one on our roster. One could safely make the case that Calvin Johnson is the second greatest wide receiver of all time and Adrian Peterson has been--by far--the most consistently dominant player at his position for the latter part of the last decade.

There simply are no equivalents on the Bills roster, that we've seen, at this time.

Without the benefit of pre-snap looks and play-by-play comparisons, we cannot say.

My point was simply that those plays illustrate how aggressively some teams played against CJ, which did create opportunities for other guys.

If you don't agree, that's fine. If you'd like to provide some basis for comparison, I'm all ears...time's a bit short for me right now, so I cannot volunteer to do so with the level of detail I'd like to provide.

You're inching dangerously close to the decoy argument.

i have a feeling you can't bring up anything other than bringing up Kyle Williams.

I was right about Greer, Parrish, Schobel, Poz, McGee, Evans. The list could go on. Just because you don't agree yiu call me an idiot. And Hirt of actually saying it that way, that's what your doing. That's fine. I'll believe in my opinions. You believe in yours.

And fwiw, if you want to talk about actual gameplay on the field vs stats... CJ doesn't even belong in your argument. From running into the backs of his own blockers, taking the wrong holes, bouncing to the outside or taking it inside when he Should for the opposite, running out of bounds when trying to kill the clock, staying in bounds when trying to stop it, and let's not forget his inability to make the smart run for a 3rd first down and he tries to make a big play to stop him short and force is to punt.

Or you could look at his TDs in this league. 12 ok the ground pretty much says it all about his ability to find the goal when it matters.

Just busting your chops about Kyle Williams.

Never called you an idiot.

Some opinions are informed in different ways and by different sources.

Whatever predictions you made about former players has no bearing on the current discussion.

Is there a list of players you were ever wrong about?

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe you could be more specific. You can say the defensive keys are different. You can say he opens up things for other players. Let's see an example or two.

I'm not gonna say you're entirely wrong. But if after one good year, a defense can key on Spiller and turn him into a 900 yard 2 TD back, I'd like to see increased production elsewhere. Attribute the defense keying on Spiller as a reason for a deep Goodwin/Graham TD. Or an open field for a QB scramble. Let's see the plays.

See if you can notice a difference in LB and safety depths. That's a good starting point.

And it wasn't after one good year. Defenses have keyed on him since his rookie year. World class speed to the edges of a defense dictates that.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

As a North graduate, I am ashamed

I'm going to OSU-Illinois on Nov 1st (Bills bye week)...I'm stopping at Thurman for a burger; I'll have to hit Buckeye donuts for dessert.

Make your own...buy a pork belly (with the fat cap) and cure it in the fridge for 5 days with kosher salt and cracked black pepper (re-apply salt daily), then smoke it to an internal of 155 deg. Cool, slice, and pan fry.

Thurman Cafe is very good (IMO) but be prepared for a long wait. There are few tables, spots at the bar. If you're in a hurry take out is your friend.

Boy, you people sure make a mod earn his money.

I lost count of the posts I deleted from this thread and all were because of personal attacks in all directions.

If you have a problem with a post please use the report function. Replying to a post that you feel is out of line by being equally out of line doesn't cut it.

This isn't a threat, but...I will not continue to clean threads with just a PM to y'all. It's too much work and I have too much to do. I speak only for myself when I say this, how other mods react to a post is up to them. We all have different thresholds and mine has been reached.

CJ Spiller, the guy who Chan freaking Gailey was able to make one of the most electric players in the league? If Hackett can't cut it he should be fired. Trading away great players isn't the answer. Hiring an OC with a playbook thicker than Tecmo Bowl would be a great boost to this team.

Thurman Cafe is very good (IMO) but be prepared for a long wait. There are few tables, spots at the bar. If you're in a hurry take out is your friend.

Yes I've been forewarned about the wait. Not a problem for me...as long as I can wrap my mitts around a Thurmanator at the end of it I'll be fine.

I would like to trade CJ from last season in for the CJ from the year before.

Healthy and used correctly.

Otherwise a definitive No Trade.

whats his name has you all up i arms and storming the castle. Which is good fun now and again. But Doug and Doug still decide .

Yes I've been forewarned about the wait. Not a problem for me...as long as I can wrap my mitts around a Thurmanator at the end of it I'll be fine.

well , maybe : )

if you spend the next week eating greens and running that thing out of your system :D

Ps Mrs Bandit has her work cut out for her doesn't she !

snapback.pngK-9, on 28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Near as I can tell it's because:

Bryce Brown is better

Marrone doesn't like him

He doesn't "fit" the offense

He hasn't lived up to his draft selection

He's not durable

He has mental lapses on the field

I'm sure there's a ton more but that's all I got off the top of my head.

GO BILLS!!!

I think mainly because he is in his contract year and a lot of people figure he won't be back anyway, so get something for him now while they can.

Plus some think he flat out sucks ;)

Personally I don't think his single fourty yard run surrounded by his 10-15 little or no gain runs are of a lot of value. And so far anyway, that's all the Bills seem to be able to get out of Spiller.

If they think they can get more than that out of Spiller this season then keep him and hopefully they can resign him. Otherwise if someone offers a 2nd for him, take it and run.

********************************************************************************************

I agree with both of these writings.

Edited by Manther

well , maybe : )

if you spend the next week eating greens and running that thing out of your system :D

Ps Mrs Bandit has her work cut out for her doesn't she !

Oh I anticipate a severe case of the meat sweats the following day. I'll be hanging with my college-aged cousins, so there will probably be a beer or two involved, which is something that's very infrequent for this guy. I'll consider it a minor miracle if I make it past midnight.

As to Mrs. Bandit, well, she's sitting this one out (by choice); she won't have to deal with me until the following Monday.

They have some great options for burgers. I've never had one I didn't like.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. Thurman has been on my list for a while now; crossing it off will be a great source of satisfaction.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. Thurman has been on my list for a while now; crossing it off will be a great source of satisfaction.

They've opened a couple additional places, but, for the first time you have to go to the original. I have one 20 minutes from the house and get there as often as possible.

(sorry for the OT posts)