Do you believe that the Toronto group will keep the team in Buffalo?

KDIGGZ

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Toronto group when they say they will keep the team in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No way
    • I'm hopelessly optimistic and let's see what happens

I said this a long time ago and I have no reason to change my view: there is a 95 % chance that the Bills will move to Toronto. The fix is in. The NFL wants a team in Canada and Toronto is the only real viable option. Also, I heard from an NFL owner, in a private conversation, that the Bills are headed to Toronto. The NFL is motivated by MONEY!!! The owners are greedy and not loyal. They can make more money with a team in Toronto vs. a team in Buffalo. It is all about the money.

Now as a Bills fan since day one back in 1960, I don't want this to happen. In spite of the huffing and puffing from politicians, former jocks, and community leaders they are powerless to stop it. Prepare yourselves Bills fans. There is little room for the small markets like Buffalo in the Billionaires Boys Club (aka NFL).

i am going out on a limb and, from my sources, going to have to respectfully disagree. My sources indicate that, while the NFL is desirous of a committed presence in Canada AND Europe, they are not willing to steer the ship into an iceberg to do this. Moving teams abroad immediately jeopardizes their highly lucrative tax scenario. Few know this, but years back, the NFL was hugely in favor of NAFTA, in the hopes the free trade would preserve their current tax benefit and allow for expansion to Canada and at the time, Mexico. Anyway, there are owners who want it in Canada, but don't discount that they are very much into preserving history as well. Sure it could happen, but I am sticking with Pegula being welcomed into the Billionaire Boys Club at the end of it all....it would be a win for the league and the region. Don't think the league is above a "feel good story"....with the Ray Rice's of the world dominating the news, doing the right thing is what the NFL wants and this is a perfect opportunity for them.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, we've been over the Toronto group, but now they meet with a guy many in WNY see as a conman?

lol

Yeah, that should help ease some fears.

They have done the impossible: make their bid even LESS likely to be trusted by fans in WNY

Ha maybe because they know Congel will never actually build the stadium and then they have a way out. Shady

I say we all form a human barricade around RWS the day the moving vans show up. It will be the only time I'd park in the stadium lot too...

Might not be a need. If reports are true, Pegula may have offered up as much as $1.3 Billion for the team. GAME OVER

Might not be a need. If reports are true, Pegula may have offered up as much as $1.3 Billion for the team. GAME OVER

My personal opinion is that it's game over regardless of what the de facto offer was/is...nobody's got the cash to compete with him, so if he wants the team (and we can now definitively state based on public information that he does) their his for the buying.

It's almost time to rejoice.

Can we put this topic to bed now? The Bills aren't/weren't moving. RW was never going to let that happen as long as their was a viable option that would keep the team. I think that Pegula qualifies as that :). He's the perfect owner of the Buffalo Bills.

P.S. I would advocate that we continue to ban Bon Jovi's music but not because "he's going to move our team," but because he sucks.

Can we put this topic to bed now? The Bills aren't/weren't moving. RW was never going to let that happen as long as their was a viable option that would keep the team. I think that Pegula qualifies as that :). He's the perfect owner of the Buffalo Bills.

P.S. I would advocate that we continue to ban Bon Jovi's music but not because "he's going to move our team," but because he sucks.

Bolded for emphasis. Of course, if he'd like to pay to play at Ralph Wilson Stadium, he is welcome.

Love that Jimmy Kimmel understands that war with Canada is not out of the question.

I just can't understand how the Toronto group is seriously going to try to sell us on them keeping the Bills here. Can't you just see Bon Jovi charming everyone from day one? The most charming talking head on sports television making it all seem like it isn't really what it is. A declaration of war. sort of..

If early reports are true, Pegula is at 1.3 and Toronto is at 1.2. This could still end up being a bidding war. We aren't out of the woods yet but I do like our chances. I was not sure how serious Pegula was until last night so this is very encouraging

As you well know Tanenbaum and Rogers are the real mainstays in the Canadian bidding group. Bon Jovi is the high profile rocker who has little influence and little useable money (relatively) in this group. Yet he is the one most vilified by the local populace. Tanenbaum and Rogers slickly put their inconsequential American partner up front to take the heat that they would have been exposed to. I'm sure Bon Jovi never expected to be vilified to the extent he has been when all he ever wanted was to have a share of ownership in an NFL franchise, a long time dream of his.

When Rogers and his family got involved with Ralph Wilson and the Toronto series they had it in the back of their minds that although it was an expensive entree into the NFL at least it was a way into opening the door into bringing a team to Toronto. The point I'm making is that Bon Jovi should not be where the arrows are targeted. He is simply someone who got on a horse that was offered to him and the end result was that he was taken for a ride.

As you well know Tanenbaum and Rogers are the real mainstays in the Canadian bidding group. Bon Jovi is the high profile rocker who has little influence and little useable money (relatively) in this group. Yet he is the one most vilified by the local populace. Tanenbaum and Rogers slickly put their inconsequential American partner up front to take the heat that they would have been exposed to. I'm sure Bon Jovi never expected to be vilified to the extent he has been when all he ever wanted was to have a share of ownership in an NFL franchise, a long time dream of his.

When Rogers and his family got involved with Ralph Wilson and the Toronto series they had it in the back of their minds that although it was an expensive entree into the NFL at least it was a way into opening the door into bringing a team to Toronto. The point I'm making is that Bon Jovi should not be where the arrows are targeted. He is simply someone who got on a horse that was offered to him and the end result was that he was taken for a ride.

You're kidding, right? If JBJ is half the NFL fan he purports to be, in such good graces with owners like Kraft and Jerrah, he didn't expect to be vilified for joining up with a Toronto group intending to move the Bills -- a storied and passionately-supported franchise? Please. He didn't care. Eff him.

If early reports are true, Pegula is at 1.3 and Toronto is at 1.2. This could still end up being a bidding war. We aren't out of the woods yet but I do like our chances. I was not sure how serious Pegula was until last night so this is very encouraging

The bidding war is likely over on the first shot. JBJ had pony up 1/3 and $1.3B taps him out. Viva El Pegual!

JBJ has vilified himself to us for life as far as I'm concerned. I hope Buffalo continues to be a Bon Jovi Free Zone and god help them if they try to play his music at any of our games. Also, he might want to skip Buffalo and Rochester next time he does a tour

You're kidding, right? If JBJ is half the NFL fan he purports to be, in such good graces with owners like Kraft and Jerrah, he didn't expect to be vilified for joining up with a Toronto group intending to move the Bills -- a storied and passionately-supported franchise? Please. He didn't care. Eff him.

Jon Bon Jovi has no substative influence whatsoever within the Toronto group. He attached himself to a wealthy group that afforded him an opportunity to buy in as an NFL owner, a very small staked owner. Yet he is the one most targeted for criticism. He is a small fry in a group with big fishes. That was my point.

JBJ has vilified himself to us for life as far as I'm concerned. I hope Buffalo continues to be a Bon Jovi Free Zone and god help them if they try to play his music at any of our games. Also, he might want to skip Buffalo and Rochester next time he does a tour

I wonder how much pissing off WNY and all Bills fans will cost him in the long run?