Robert Kraft says...

judman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, American expats will root for their own teams. I've lived in London before and I obviously rooted on my Buffalo Bills, and the presence of the London Teacups would do nothing to change that.

Good point.

I just can't see an NFL team ever really gaining traction in London, let alone England for that matter. In London alone, you have Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham (since relegated), Crystal Palace and QPR in the Premier League alone. Plus, countless smaller clubs that still pull 15,000-20,000 in attendance on game days.

I can't see it being anything more than a novelty, but I'm sure the evidence supports otherwise.

Edited by stony

What's with all the Buzz Feed style click-bait lead-in titles these days? Robert Craft's Top 10 Secret Tips, Wait Until You See #4

You're right. I should have also added a "take the quiz" as well.

London = Jags

LA = Rams

Toronto = ??? Nothing. yeah i said it.

He is the one that brought small market and big markets together to end the lockout.

Don't forget the Raiders and Chargers. They are in the mix along with the Bills.

I still think the NFL's unusual 501c6 nonprofit status is a major hurdle for international expansion and helps explain why the NFL is the only major sports league not to have done it yet.

I may be wrong, and often am, but I'd love to see some pro reporting on it.

Until they figure out teleportation, this remains a terrible idea. Could you imagine the flight from Seattle or San Fran to London?

With some creative scheduling they could probably make this work, and increase their TV revenue at the same time.

Keep the same number of games in the season, but expand the calendar time that the season is played. This would give some (if not all, depending on how they want to do it) teams 2 weeks between games. This has the ability to:

1) Account for extra travel time for overseas games.

2) Give players extra time to recover from the inevitable injuries,

3) If they do it properly, they could have some games every Sunday with teams on alternating schedules. Thus putting games on TV more Sundays and increasing the TV revenue.

Not sure how well this would work, But my point is, they have options to make overseas teams viable.

It kills me that Ralph Wilson bailed the Patriots out with money so they wouldn't fold years ago, and Robert Kraft seems to consistently make backhanded comments that could be construed as lobbying to relocate the Buffalo Bills, knowing full well it's not what the late owner Ralph Wilson wanted to happen. Guys like Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are so blatantly greedy it's sickening!!!

Edited by Martifal

NFL Europe...... need we say more?

Oh except Thanks for FredX

It kills me that Ralph Wilson bailed the Patriots out with money so they wouldn't fold years ago, and Robert Kraft seems to consistently make backhanded comments that could be construed as lobbying to relocate the Buffalo Bills, knowing full well it's not what the late owner Ralph Wilson wanted to happen. Guys like Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are so blatantly greedy it's sickening!!!

so you stab the guy in the back because you are embarrassed they had to help you financially

...An NFL team belongs in London by the end of the decade. Per PFT (link).

I find it ironic that the man who owns a team called "The Patriots" thinks the NFL should expand beyond our borders. <_<

- tell Kraft to ask NFL players if they want to play in London. One game, fine - whole season? It will be harder for them to attract free agents than Buffalo, Cleveland and Jacksonville....