What is better, no guns, or more guns?

gatotman, you provide us Republican conservatives with hours of rip-roaring laughter. The only way you could be more partisan is to have your lips sewn onto Obama's member. I have a reason for being silent the last few months, I washout of action with a stroke.

Bob in Mich- the guns might not be so scary if people with medical marajauna "permits" were not allowed to have them.

They're not. At least here in CA.

Is that for real? I never even bothered to look into that. That will make the ladyfriend happy.

I have a friend who is a gun dealer who says he's not allowed. He has these guys showing him their cards all the time and he says "put that !@#$ing thing away!" :lol:

I have a friend who is a gun dealer who says he's not allowed. He has these guys showing him their cards all the time and he says "put that !@#$ing thing away!" :lol:

That's hilarious. I'm guessing it's because the federal government still has marijuana listed as a controlled substance, but I never even thought about that. Good to know before I tried to get a CA permit, I'll have to let my card expire I guess.

That's hilarious. I'm guessing it's because the federal government still has marijuana listed as a controlled substance, but I never even thought about that. Good to know before I tried to get a CA permit, I'll have to let my card expire I guess.

Or you know a dealer (not you Bob, gun dealer) who tells you to put the card away as you're signing the paperwork. :flirt:

BTW I asked him if he's worried about selling after he sees the card. He said as of now MM cards don't come up in the background check.

Edited by Chef Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Always been quiet here where I live... Past 20 years.

I am in Will County, Illinois. I live on the most southern border in the village. Behind me is unincorporated Will County. Gun fire erupted last Friday night all throughout town from what I am told. The village is in both Cook & Will. The first couple times earlier in the night, bursts of automatic weapons towards the back of me near or in the cemetary, I ignored. But the one burst @ 02:20 was "answered back" with a few short bursts in what it sounded like a little further south and west. I figured, I probably should call the cops. I called my village... A cop came about 10 minutes later and rang the doorbell... Asked a few questions. He knew we are on the border and said that the Will County Sheriffs are checking out the area behind us. I said, I hated to call them, but getting a little crazy. After the first bursts @ 21:20, I figured wait and see if it isn't fireworks or something. Exact same cadence with the ones @ 02:20 Saturday morning. One neighbor said that more discharges went off after 10... But I was out picking up my son. The cop actually said that people around town were reporting the same thing @ the same time. He said: "Well, this needs to be addressed" and left. Been quiet (as usual) ever since.

Fast forward to today, talking to my neighbor... I guees he said rumor has it that a house of a village employee was shot up that night. Yikes. Gotta get those "gov't critters" I suppose? I wonder what they did? Shut their water off? Cite them for ordinance violation?

Here's the thing, I am not anti-gun... But, the idiots will wreck it for everybody else. I live in sort of the country... Open area behind me to the south and unicorporated I don't care what people do as long as they are responsible. I won't say a word... I usually don't. But, like the officer said: "This has to be addressed." He's right...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Always been quiet here where I live... Past 20 years.

I am in Will County, Illinois. I live on the most southern border in the village. Behind me is unincorporated Will County. Gun fire erupted last Friday night all throughout town from what I am told. The village is in both Cook & Will. The first couple times earlier in the night, bursts of automatic weapons towards the back of me near or in the cemetary, I ignored. But the one burst @ 02:20 was "answered back" with a few short bursts in what it sounded like a little further south and west. I figured, I probably should call the cops. I called my village... A cop came about 10 minutes later and rang the doorbell... Asked a few questions. He knew we are on the border and said that the Will County Sheriffs are checking out the area behind us. I said, I hated to call them, but getting a little crazy. After the first bursts @ 21:20, I figured wait and see if it isn't fireworks or something. Exact same cadence with the ones @ 02:20 Saturday morning. One neighbor said that more discharges went off after 10... But I was out picking up my son. The cop actually said that people around town were reporting the same thing @ the same time. He said: "Well, this needs to be addressed" and left. Been quiet (as usual) ever since.

Fast forward to today, talking to my neighbor... I guees he said rumor has it that a house of a village employee was shot up that night. Yikes. Gotta get those "gov't critters" I suppose? I wonder what they did? Shut their water off? Cite them for ordinance violation?

Here's the thing, I am not anti-gun... But, the idiots will wreck it for everybody else. I live in sort of the country... Open area behind me to the south and unicorporated I don't care what people do as long as they are responsible. I won't say a word... I usually don't. But, like the officer said: "This has to be addressed." He's right...

So, what are you proposing?

So you heard automatic weapons fire and ignored it?

I wasn't sure @ first after the first burst. It is unincorporated behind me and I don't mind people doing what they want to do... Especially if it is fireworks. The second time I heard the bursts they sounded exactly the same... I called the police... That was 5 hours apart. It has always been very quiet up until these incidents. I found out that area is handled by the Will County Sheriff.

I am not sure how they adress it unless they catch somebody in the act of discharging the weapon. The two departments must work together.

So, what are you proposing?

Nothing. I don't want to infringe on a person's right to own firearms. Now, the cops want to address the unlawful discharge of said weapon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This guy could get up to 7 years for having too many legal guns and ammunition?

http://www.truthandaction.org/cops-arrest-man-much-ammo/

Gun owners have to be extra careful these days to avoid not only incurring the wrath of overzealous law enforcement but playing into the hands of the anti-gun crowd as well.

Case in point is Guo Shou, a Queens man who was taken into police custody after authorities exercised a warrant to search his apartment and found a massive arsenal in it. What they found was enough weapons and ammo to “take on a small army”, per Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

Among his inventory were 14 legally-obtained handguns, 2 licensed and loaded shotguns, 1 licensed rifle and around 45,000 rounds of ammo for any number of weapons. He was also found to be in possession of parts that could be assembled into an AR-10 or AR-15 assault rifle as well as several pieces of Kevlar body armor.

While all of Shou’s equipment was legally acquired, police claimed that he failed to store it properly, thus necessitating his arrest.

This guy could get up to 7 years for having too many legal guns and ammunition?

http://www.truthandaction.org/cops-arrest-man-much-ammo/

Gun owners have to be extra careful these days to avoid not only incurring the wrath of overzealous law enforcement but playing into the hands of the anti-gun crowd as well.

Case in point is Guo Shou, a Queens man who was taken into police custody after authorities exercised a warrant to search his apartment and found a massive arsenal in it. What they found was enough weapons and ammo to “take on a small army”, per Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

Among his inventory were 14 legally-obtained handguns, 2 licensed and loaded shotguns, 1 licensed rifle and around 45,000 rounds of ammo for any number of weapons. He was also found to be in possession of parts that could be assembled into an AR-10 or AR-15 assault rifle as well as several pieces of Kevlar body armor.

While all of Shou’s equipment was legally acquired, police claimed that he failed to store it properly, thus necessitating his arrest.

Well seeing many of the guns that are owned illegally on the streets are gotten through break-ins I am 100% behind arresting someone with that kind of arsenal that's not properly stored/locked up.

&#33;@#&#036;ing sensationalist media crap again BTW. Cops Arrest Man for Having Too Much Ammo, Guns. Uhhhh........no. <_<

Well seeing many of the guns that are owned illegally on the streets are gotten through break-ins I am 100% behind arresting someone with that kind of arsenal that's not properly stored/locked up.

!@#$ing sensationalist media crap again BTW. Cops Arrest Man for Having Too Much Ammo, Guns. Uhhhh........no. <_<

Police went to his apartment to conduct an administrative review of his gun license. They used the presence of gunpowder in plain sight to get a warrant. He's charged with weapons possession, for having a magazine that holds more than ten rounds, and reckless endangerment, for having "too many guns" in a residential neighborhood near an elementary school.