What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 3/2/2024 at 2:26 AM, Thurmal34 said:

we have the most guns< and the most gun deaths

do we need more guns to prevent gun deaths?

I have more than I know what to do with. It might sound strange, but I've never shot anyone before. Weird! I'm 3D printing a new holster as we speak!

• Like (+1) 1

Civil Rights Update:

Ohio Supreme Court Rules 'Warning Shots' Can Be Self-Defense, but the Real News Is Who Made the Decision

By Mike Miller

52c0b085-fabb-4e2d-a227-cba535e2e2a9-105

The Ohio Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that firing a warning shot in lieu of shooting a person can be considered by courts as an act of self-defense. In today's America, that's a big deal.

In a split decision, the court ruled in favor of Tyler Wilson, who had been convicted by a lower court on charges of felonious assault with a firearm but not guilty of attempted murder. Four of the justices reversed the lower court rulings that found a claim of self-defense isn’t viable from a person who didn’t shoot to wound or kill. 

The court held that Wilson’s shooting with a stated intent to “back [an aggressor] off” is protected by Ohio’s self-defense laws.

While the decision was a victory for gun rights, which is sure to incense the gun-grabbing left, Second Amendment supporters were surprised to learn that the decision was made by three liberal justices and one conservative justice.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2024/03/09/ohio-supreme-court-rules-warning-shots-are-self-defense-but-who-made-the-ruling-is-the-real-news-n2171146

Because. . . . . . . . . . . . it's common sense ?

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think I might want a gun if I lived in Pittsburgh..

What a mess.  All caused by Biden and his dimwit buddies.  

I can just imagine the wailing (and misinterpretations) for this post.

Be Afraid, But More Importantly Be Armed:

Citizens Will Be Best First-Line Defense Against Terrorists Coming Across Border.

FBI Director Christopher Wray must be frustrated. He issued one of the strongest terrorism warnings earlier this week, but few seemed to notice and even fewer seemed to care. Instead, the legacy media remained fixated on the testimony of former special counsel Robert K. Hur, who concluded that Joe Biden committed multiple federal crimes but was too incompetent to stand trial. While Hur’s findings were certainly newsworthy, they were not news. Most of the country already knew Old Yeller’s best days are behind him.

Wray’s warning, however, was dire. He told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that known or suspected terrorists were infiltrating the country across the wide-open southern border using counterfeit documents. One of the smuggling networks, he said, has ties to ISIS. Add to this the thousands of unknown border crossers from countries that hate us, and the more than 80,000 military-age males from China, and you have a terrorist hellbroth just waiting to bubble over.

“The threats from homegrown violent extremists that is jihadist-inspired, extremists, domestic violent extremists, foreign terrorist organizations and state-sponsored terrorist organizations all being elevated at one time since October 7, though, that threat has gone to a whole other level,” Wray said. “And so, this is a time I think for much greater vigilance.”

We should thank Director Wray for his timely information and for his candor. This is precisely why we have fought so long and so hard to restore our Second Amendment rights, so that law-abiding Americans no longer have to bend a knee and beg the Crown to sell them back their constitutional rights in the form of a permit to carry defensive arms. Constitutional carry levels the playing field, making it easier for the good guys and gals to lawfully carry arms.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/be-afraid-but-more-importantly-be-armed-citizens-will-be-best-first-line-defense-against-terrorists-coming-across-border/

Civil rights update:

Youngkin vetoes 30 gun bills, signs 4, amends 6

Cardinal News

With the deadline for taking action on the legislation that the General Assembly sent him this month just two weeks away, Gov. Glenn Youngkin on Tuesday announced that he has vetoed an additional 30 bills that he said would “punish law-abiding gun owners and violate their constitutional rights.” He also signed 31 measures into law and offered amendments to six. 

“I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of Virginia, and that absolutely includes protecting the right of law-abiding Virginians to keep and bear arms,” Youngkin said in a statement. 

At the top of the list of proposals that Youngkin rejected was SB 2, sponsored by Sen. Creigh Deeds, D-Charlottesville, that would have banned assault-style weapons in the commonwealth. HB 2, the companion measure sponsored by Del. Dan Helmer, D-Fairfax County, shared the same fate. 

https://cardinalnews.org/2024/03/26/youngkin-vetoes-30-gun-bills-signs-4-amends-6/

On 3/30/2024 at 9:39 AM, BillStime said:

I can't decide if this Karen or Ditz...

Not saying that a drag show will result in making someone gay... but around 60% of suicide attempts today are from the LGBTQ+ community. 48,000+ suicides on average per year, that's a lot of people who identify as non-straight. 

So then you kick out the suicides via firearm, the numbers aren't even close. 

Around 4500 under 18 (vast majority are due to gang violence) die each year with a firearm. 

I'd say drag shows ARE worse than firearms if those shows negatively influence children to question their sexuality too early. I work with a counselor who is working with a 12-year old who identifies as a cat (furry). Why? She read about it in a magazine her LGBTQ parent let her read. 

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not saying that a drag show will result in making someone gay... but around 60% of suicide attempts today are from the LGBTQ+ community. 48,000+ suicides on average per year, that's a lot of people who identify as non-straight. 

So then you kick out the suicides via firearm, the numbers aren't even close. 

Around 4500 under 18 (vast majority are due to gang violence) die each year with a firearm. 

I'd say drag shows ARE worse than firearms if those shows negatively influence children to question their sexuality too early. I work with a counselor who is working with a 12-year old who identifies as a cat (furry). Why? She read about it in a magazine her LGBTQ parent let her read. 

Does the 12-year old (also) have a litter box at school?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Does the 12-year old (also) have a litter box at school?

I've actually heard (rumors) of this being requested at schools. Not in this case.... but she does try to lick other students and will get on all 4's at recess to eat grass. 

Home life is horrible. 

It's really quite sad that the late Gen X/Millennial parents are raising kids to be this way. That's who I blame for a lot of this insanity. 

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Another hoax.

So you think I'm making it up? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Wrong.  But not sure why this is so hard for you (and y'all) to accept?  

Seems he wants to live in a box/world where anything that a conservative or libertarian says... it's fake. Guess he hasn't noticed his woke party thinking it's cool that kids change their gender at 4 and identify as therian at the age of 12 (this girl also IDs herself as that... I had to look up what it even meant). 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno