What is better, no guns, or more guns?

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s the guns. 

Cool.  What should we do about it?

Try answering without being emotional or with hysterics. 

And is your preferred side willing to take the political hit of going after gun ownership?  It will likely be akin to what Republicans have had to deal with post-Roe.  

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cool.  What should we do about it?

Try answering without being emotional or with hysterics. 

And is your preferred side willing to take the political hit of going after gun ownership?  It will likely be akin to what Republicans have had to deal with post-Roe.  

Given that the majority of the country supports some kind of gun control, at minimum, we shouldn’t have any issues crafting some policy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Given that the majority of the country supports some kind of gun control, at minimum, we shouldn’t have any issues crafting some policy. 

I suspect most of the gun fanatics here would shoot themselves in the head before voting D anyway.  Either way, no great consequence...

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s the guns. 

Due to lib fascism, like their desire to ban guns and gas stoves, this poll isn’t going as well as they expected either

Lol no one even knows DeSantis yet.  

But mom and dad have been doing a lot of bill paying, gas paying, and grocery buying the last year. 

It’s finally sinking in.  I think 2022 was too quick to see the bloodbath.  They faked the end of Covid and straight to Ukraine so fast nothing could set in.  

Edited by Big Blitz

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If you take away the guns will the mental illness still be there?

Yes but they won’t have weapons that can kill 30 people in five minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Due to lib fascism, like their desire to ban guns and gas stoves, this poll isn’t going as well as they expected either

Lol no one even knows DeSantis yet.  

But mom and dad have been doing a lot of bill paying, gas paying, and grocery buying the last year. 

It’s finally sinking in.  I think 2022 was too quick to see the bloodbath.  They faked the end of Covid and straight to Ukraine so fast nothing could set in.  

Yawn. We’re still taking your AR-15 away. 

Your poll is also a pretty bit outlier per the 538 averages. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Mirror 

Both are about guns. The other guy went off about trans people, AKA the Republicans’ topic of the month. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

ban children's books, ban medical care for women, ban curriculum about black history, ban anything to do with gay people.....can't do anything about guns.

I know a lot of gun owners and law enforcement. All are for better laws and restrictions.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They will still kill people though. So you still have a problem that you ignore 

1. No, you won’t have nearly as many killings because guns are way more effective at killing people than most anything else available 

2. It’s the GOP who continue to oppose or cut mental health spending. 

38 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If the majority of the country supports anything, why do we not have it?

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1. No, you won’t have nearly as many killings because guns are way more effective at killing people than most anything else available 

So what’s the acceptable amount of deaths since there will still be deaths? 

pharmaceutical companies convinced everyone we could drug them enough to solve the problems which hasn’t worked 

24 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The shootings won’t be

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Health is the biggest killer of people, far far more than are guns. Old age is also significantly higher at killing people.

And I think everyone believes mental health is a huge issue. I would be for shifting significant about of public funds to mental health. Dems are against doing that.

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this

Health is the biggest killer of people, far far more than are guns. Old age is also significantly higher at killing people.

And I think everyone believes mental health is a huge issue. I would be for shifting significant about of public funds to mental health. Dems are against doing that.

A cheeseburger has never gunned down a bunch of kids at a school.

A mentally ill person who can’t get a gun can’t shoot up a mall. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

A cheeseburger has never gunned down a bunch of kids at a school.

A mentally ill person who can’t get a gun can’t shoot up a mall. 

Neither has a gun.

Can you get a gun? I can!

Edited by Pokebball

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Neither has a gun.

Can you get a gun? I can!

Sure I can. 

But maybe if there are so many mentally ill people running around that you all blame for these shootings, we should make it so that they can’t get a gun .

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Sure I can. 

But maybe if there are so many mentally ill people running around that you all blame for these shootings, we should make it so that they can’t get a gun .

What's your proposal for a mental red flag law

Since my attempt at humor seemed to fly right over your head, let me try again. I don't think you or I should be able to get a gun. Our political anger appears to be too high!

Edited by Pokebball