What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont even know who/what david hogg is. this post is filled with weird colloquialisms that I am not sure what you are saying but if you are saying we dont need extremists to make sound policy, that I will agree with 

yes, Everytown is the old mother's group, funded by Bloomberg. their poster child is David Hogg.  the one that organized the walk out in the schools in Tenn last week?  the ones that will write any bill that the dems table.  (we all know think tanks and PACS write half these bills)

And right here on this thread you have other DEMS killing the moderate narrative your talking about.

Just now, Chris farley said:

Such as?  An executive order?

went from school shootings to mass shootings, to domestic really quick.

Kentucky has very lax gun ownership laws. He can figure out why the existing laws weren’t followed, as seems to be the case, and then sign stricter ones. This is a start. 

15 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't say he is wrong. I said he was giving his opinion. Which is what he was

An impossible task. 

I usually am one to think *anything* is possible but this one, is truly impossible. Which is why when people cry about the 'gubmint takin our guns' I have to just laugh at those fools, theres no way they can do that

They might not go door to door but let me give you a great example.... which I've brought up before.

The ATF released a new ruling (in Jan) that their LONG STANDING POLICY on "pistol braces" are now different. They are giving people who own those (2-5 million est. in the United States) 120 days to register them as SBR's (Short Barrel Rifles) to the ATF or you are now in possession of an illegal firearm and are then committing a felony. 

Get pulled over in 8 months, the state police sees your range bag.... asks you to open it... sees an AR-platform pistol and then asks for your ATF tax stamp. You reply "I don't have one, it's a pistol". Guess what? You're now in prison. You're now a felon. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Buy back incentives for starters. 

and when the numbers don't match?

While semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 are a major flashpoint in the gun control debate and are often the focus of attention following mass shootings, there are only about 20 million assault rifles in the United States, a fraction of the estimated 400 million guns in the country. 

So when your buy back has 20 old shotguns, then what?

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

BREAKING: Another active shooter scenario is being played out in Louisville, but we won’t know if the bad guy is the shooter or THE GUN until we find out the race/gender/sexual preference of the perp.

There have probably been 5 shootings in Chicago and Detroit alone since this news broke and we will never hear about them for obvious reasons 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

There have probably been 5 shootings in Chicago and Detroit alone since this news broke and we will never hear about them for obvious reasons 

Deflection is the immediate tool of the gun-poisoned mind. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

talk to me when/if that fairy tale ever happens lol

the police are the biggest gun nuts out there, that's why they joined the force. They aren't arresting these people

They do take the oath to defend the constitution.

does that make them, "Oath Keepers."

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Thanks for pointing out how hilariously stupid people on Twitter are. I'm picturing this 3rd grade teacher looking like Rambo trying to teach multiplication tables.

For schools it's simple. 1 entryway that's locked down at all times and protected by armed security. If trained teachers want to have a pistol locked away safely in your classroom then so be it, if not then don't. It's about having the freedom to choose. To take it so literal that this dumb woman thinks she needs an AR-15 on her at all times is mind numbingly painful to read.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Thanks for pointing out how hilariously stupid people on Twitter are. I'm picturing this 3rd grade teacher looking like Rambo trying to teach multiplication tables.

For schools it's simple. 1 entryway that's locked down at all times and protected by armed security. If trained teachers want to have a pistol locked away safely in your classroom then so be it, if not then don't. It's about having the freedom to choose. To take it so literal that this dumb woman thinks she needs an AR-15 on her at all times is mind numbingly painful to read.

The generation of kids being terrorized by all this stuff are going to vote against all this gun stuff. It's so stupid we have to live like this. Not for much longer 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The generation of kids being terrorized by all this stuff are going to vote against all this gun stuff. It's so stupid we have to live like this. Not for much longer 

what other amendments you gonna get rid of?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I used to be against guns when I was younger and then I grew up. I got robbed and mugged and now I have one at all times. It took the cops 2 hours to show up as we were hiding in a locked bedroom. Never again.

I also used to consider myself a liberal and then I grew up. Funny how that works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Because they didnt involve someone executing people in the workplace.  Do you really believe gang bangers removing themselves from the gene pool warrants the same attention?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Why not say "Let's face it, the idea of strapping on a M134...." ???? 

No one is saying "let's strap on an AR-15 on a teacher!" 

Ridiculous for even tweeting that *****. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1