What is better, no guns, or more guns?

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

they will.  They came out in droves in 2020 to vote out the reality TV guy, they will again if republicans think it is more important to ban books than do anything about guns in schools

with this economy, them 81 million are very hard to find anymore. in real life, not message boards.  

your goanna have to figure a way to get trump on the ballot and some kind of emergency to get mass mail voting to pull that amount again.  to replicate that.

Now everyone is feeling and seeing what the dems offer.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Thanks for pointing out how hilariously stupid people on Twitter are. I'm picturing this 3rd grade teacher looking like Rambo trying to teach multiplication tables.

For schools it's simple. 1 entryway that's locked down at all times and protected by armed security. If trained teachers want to have a pistol locked away safely in your classroom then so be it, if not then don't. It's about having the freedom to choose. To take it so literal that this dumb woman thinks she needs an AR-15 on her at all times is mind numbingly painful to read.

Yea, so simple - one entrance - locked down - is totally practical in schools that are this big:  

5da2500fb0d2f2845ec82c222e83fdee.jpg

Starpoint-c2105afc-fcea-4516-9834-5c8b79

Can you imagine all the scenarios of locked down schools jails - and there is an emergency or fire, or multiple nut jobs showing up with guns at all known entrances - what a freakn joke. All so you gun nuts can play GI Joe.  

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

trump is on the ballot, he's the leading candidate for the republican nomination actually 

(its funny and pathetic I know)

its almost like that weak brag case helped with that. 

As moderate would scare folks less.

the difference is bidens talk is now felt. and its not in a good way.  and the MSM just being his lapdog to boot.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

agreed. but republicans arent going to elect a moderate, they've been latched to the reality tv guy's nutz since 2016

for real. before brag. outside of the left media constantly talking about him. Not so much. if anything, people were reading positive Desantis news in the cycle.  

For real, people here and on media actually report on what he wrote on that failed social media site of his. Without them amplifying it. who would know. like 20 people are on his site.

But if the media helps get him on the ticket, it puts people in that position.  the orange dude with thin skin, but a good economy and no wars.. or the old dude that's economic and foreign policies are total failures? 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Nah, it's ridiculous to even THINK we would arm teachers. 

Interesting discussion at Easter dinner last night with my (very conservative) siblings who are all educators (teachers, school psychologists, etc.) - they said they would QUIT being a teacher if they were forced to possess a gun in their classroom --- too big of a risk and responsibility. 

You should have heard their thoughts on banning books and drag queens... lmao.  They said the MAGA cults are f'n nuts... we all agreed.

Billsy favorite play, make up a situation and pretend a "solution" is being offered that is not even being discussed. No one is advocating all teachers get guns, but I have a few coworkers who were military guys who I would like to know could help out if needed. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Billsy favorite play, make up a situation and pretend a "solution" is being offered that is not even being discussed. No one is advocating all teachers get guns, but I have a few coworkers who were military guys who I would like to know could help out if needed. 

Yep! I served in the Army, I'd carry. I know there are at least 3 other vets at the school I work in and all 3 would carry. I'd go through extra training by LEO as well, despite already being trained and very proficient with all types of firearms. 

17 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Are you serious?  The topic of arming teachers has been discussed publicly since Columbine.

NRA backs Trump’s call for arming teachers: ‘Schools must be the most hardened targets’

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No, even the LEOs screw up these active shooter situations. I dont want average joe teachers making life or death decisions.

They can't even control their classrooms as is, I dont want to throw a weapon in that zoo

Okay, cool. 

I'm 100% for it and would carry here at my school given that chance. 

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you serious?  The topic of arming teachers has been discussed publicly since Columbine.

NRA backs Trump’s call for arming teachers: ‘Schools must be the most hardened targets’

40 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No, even the LEOs screw up these active shooter situations. I dont want average joe teachers making life or death decisions.

They can't even control their classrooms as is, I dont want to throw a weapon in that zoo

No one being serious has ever discussed "all" teachers being armed. A few trained people I would support but certainly not everyone. As for the lack of classroom control that is primarily in the liberal schools and/or the liberal run classrooms. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wonder what this all means?

Surely, if he was MAGA, we’d get to the bottom of this…

Who cares, ban the guns 

44 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

When they introduced the school resource officer, he/she was supposed to be there for safety purposes but that role got drgged into discipline because the teachers cant control their classrooms.

This has been an issue nationwide, regardless of the political affiliations of the school administrators.

I think my most unpopular opinion is I really don’t have much respect for the teaching profession as a whole.