What is better, no guns, or more guns?

guns. not no guns.

we just moved. and we have a bear that likes to visit. now i'm not planning on shooting a black bear on my property but i'd do it if it were maiming me or anyone else on my property. then i'd run like hell cuz he'd likely just be very angry, bleeding and not mortally wounded.

but do i need a bazooka? a guided missile? an automatic? nah, i'll stick with my shotgun and a slug and my legs to run. cuz if i had any of those other things i might well injure my neighbors or their kids and then i'd feel worse than if the bear maimed me.

so guns , yes. but there are limits and we need to set them.

Best strawman EVER. :lol:

6789406D50569047F5E23EEAA91B6E03.jpg

Detatchable magazine + pistol grip = assault soaker

guns. not no guns.

we just moved. and we have a bear that likes to visit. now i'm not planning on shooting a black bear on my property but i'd do it if it were maiming me or anyone else on my property. then i'd run like hell cuz he'd likely just be very angry, bleeding and not mortally wounded.

but do i need a bazooka? a guided missile? an automatic? nah, i'll stick with my shotgun and a slug and my legs to run. cuz if i had any of those other things i might well injure my neighbors or their kids and then i'd feel worse than if the bear maimed me.

so guns , yes. but there are limits and we need to set them.

First I would call Animal Control to see if there's something they can do about trapping it. Plus if there are any laws or regulations about shooting an animal on your property or discharging a firearm within a political boundary, and you do end up having to shoot the bear, you are on the books as having expressed a concern for your safety

Second, this is another example of how the anti-gun crowd tends to not understand the very thing they are so afraid of. A gun is a tool and you're going to want the right tool for the job. A shotgun isn't the best option for large game. As you said it will just be very angry, bleeding and not mortally wounded. Get yourself a .308 or 30-06 rifile

Or a .50 caliber black powder rifle.

30 grains of powder should outta do it.

But why kill the animal in the first place. You're right - call animal control. Let the pros handle it.

Or at least take a hunter safety course or an NRA shotgun/rifle course.

Or a .50 caliber black powder rifle.

30 grains of powder should outta do it.

But why kill the animal in the first place. You're right - call animal control. Let the pros handle it.

Or at least take a hunter safety course or an NRA shotgun/rifle course.

I'd shoot it with an airsoft rifle or a child's bubble-shooting gun.

Guns? When bears are involved, I become an advocate for grenade ownership.

Did I mention that my planned super-villain lair will be guarded by bears? No, really. My wife's in charge of that aspect.

("I can't wait until we move to the mountains so I can feed the animals. We'll have foxes in our backyard. And deer. And bears." "Uh...yeah, honey? You don't feed the bears.")

Did I mention that my planned super-villain lair will be guarded by bears? No, really. My wife's in charge of that aspect.

("I can't wait until we move to the mountains so I can feed the animals. We'll have foxes in our backyard. And deer. And bears." "Uh...yeah, honey? You don't feed the bears.")

you don't feed the deer either, at least not on purpose. we have sticks with hanging irish spring soap all over our gardens and having dogs helps. so far, so good but I've seen them eat every twig of vegetation in other spots. the local agricultural extension agent recommends "lead poisoning" to solve the problem.

Edited by birdog1960

you don't feed the deer either, at least not on purpose. we have sticks with hanging irish spring soap all over our gardens and having dogs helps. so far, so good but I've seen them eat every twig of vegetation in other spots. the local agricultural extension agent recommends "lead poisoning" to solve the problem.

I know - my super-villain lair backs up to a national park, so not only do we not have to feed the deer, but it's illegal.

But at least, if you feed the deer, they don't hang around and kill you.