Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a drug chain and have to say you are way off. We were all required to go through HIPAA training and refresher courses every year. If I so much as see a bottle of a customers perscription on the floor and dont dispose of it propperly and fill out the propper paperwork I am scrwed.If a patient so much as thinks I spread a rumor about their reason for taking a tylenol I can be sued. The powers to be cannot devulge any info about anyone under their care unless there is written permission to do so. They are playing this under the law.

I don't understand. We are saying the same thing. What exactly did I say that was "way off"? If you work for a pharmacy, you are considered a healthcare worker caring for a patient. You are directly involved in that patient's care. Same for the health insurance company clerk paying your claim. Lay people, not involved in a patient's care in any way, can talk away all they want. No HIPAA violation.

You're both right. What I think Kas23 is missing is that the only way a "random layperson" can gain access to confidential medical information about someone - absent their permission - is if a healthcare worker (as broadly defined under the statute) discloses it without authorization. So there would have to be a HIPAA violation somewhere in order for Glenn's malady to be disclosed (again, unless he is the source or authorizes the disclosure).

Correct. But there doesn't have to be a HIPAA violation. Cordy could have told his sister, who told her best friend, who told their nephew, etc... In this case, no HIPAA violation occurred.

Edited by kas23

Not to my knowledge.

He was on the bike and working with the exercise ball, walking around witn Randell Johnson

Bleh. Who knows what the issue is. But he's a very large man. He's a proven commodity. And it's hotter than **** with high humidity in late July. I'm not terribly concerned...yet.

Bleh. Who knows what the issue is. But he's a very large man. He's a proven commodity. And it's hotter than **** with high humidity in late July. I'm not terribly concerned...yet.

Kidney was the immediate rumor, because of the Hairston situation and a post last week. However, that has not been substantiated yet.

Kidney was the immediate rumor, because of the Hairston situation and a post last week. However, that has not been substantiated yet.

I've asked before - what is/was Hairston's situation?

A little late to the party but this seems to be the more appropriate place to post this

Not to create pandemonium, however in the last 3 years: marcus easley unexplained walking around at training camp- heart condition-missed a whole year. The next year Donald jones unexplained walking around training camp- kidneys- missed the whole year. Last year chris harriston with a mystery injury from the spring walking around-believe it was his hip- out for the year. This year cordy glenn unexplained-?-?

Judging from the past we should be hearing he is out for the season within a couple of days.

The curse of flutie might be living on