Does any Bills Player Get a Extension Before the Deadline?

unlikely to extend CJ. i think he is gone after this year. he'll want a huge contract, and hasn't done enough to justify it. its also why they brought in Brown.

no one else jumps out as warranting an extension.

I hope they extend CJ.

Any thoughts?

what deadline?

the deadline for Jimmy Graham was for franchised players to get an extension or play this year under the franchise tag

i would like to see Spiller stay but i believe i read nothing will happen there until after the season

what deadline?

the deadline for Jimmy Graham was for franchised players to get an extension or play this year under the franchise tag

i would like to see Spiller stay but i believe i read nothing will happen there until after the season

I thought today was the deadline for people to get long term deals? Is that only for people with franchise tag?

All I can hope is thy DONT resign CJ. That is all

Ya I know...

unlikely to extend CJ. i think he is gone after this year. he'll want a huge contract, and hasn't done enough to justify it. its also why they brought in Brown.

no one else jumps out as warranting an extension.

I think they brought in brown as depth at RB. You'll all want Spiller once he lights it up this year, And when Brown "Fumbles" his opportunity!

If anyone gets one it would probably be Jerry Hughes; he and Spiller and the only major unrestricted FAs after this year, and I think they want to see Spiller perform better before he gets a new contract (especially now that they have 2 backs under contract for next season).

After those two, next in line is most likely Dareus, as he's a FA after 2015. Glenn and Gilmore come to mind as well, but they cannot be extended until after the completion of the league year per the CBA.

I thought today was the deadline for people to get long term deals? Is that only for people with franchise tag?

yes todays deadline is specifically for franchised players to get long term deals or play this season under the franchise tag

players already under contract can sign extensions at anytime other than that dead period from end of regular season until new league year starts usually in March

Edited by Max997

Anything above 4mil and I'd prefer to let Spiller walk, unless he terrorizes the NFL this year. Maybe extend Jackson for another 2yrs, but other then that the Bills would be better served to stand pat this year. Lockdown Glenn ASAP, Dareus I think everyone is taking a wait and see approach.

I wouldn't be upset giving him up to $5M annually, but anything over that, see ya!!

If Fred has a productive year, I can see an extension, but probably not before the deadline...

I'm going to look at those who have contracts up after this year- I will be back

Wood and Dareus are probably the two most likely (notable) candidates to be extended early...

I agree with the Searcy suggestion from above....

yes todays deadline is specifically for franchised players to get long term deals or play this season under the franchise tag

players already under contract can sign extensions at anytime other than that dead period from end of regular season until new league year starts usually in March

players under a standard contract can extend in that window too.

Edited by NoSaint

Cj is definitely worth locking up long term, I would offer him a 6yr 42mil deal. He's an exceptional talent that is definitely worth keeping around. Any other team would love to have him. Teams like the Pats & Saints would turn him into a Marshall Faulk type difference maker.

We seen what good coaching can do with a talent like Spiller. Chan Gailey used him correctly. Last yr Hackett seemed to not have a grasp for using this him in the same ways. Hackett offense was very vanilla and way to conservative. Btw Spiller was playing with a high ankle sprain that would knock most players out for 6-8 weeks minimum. No one on this board ever gives him credit for playing through his injury.

Ive been following this board for a very long time and it seems like there's always a player that we criticize and attack going bk to Reuben Brown and as recently as Jarius Byrd & Stevie J. Im also tired of this motto that the Bills force feed bout how a player at a certain position doesn't deserve to get paid that's ridiculous and sooner or later there won't be any good players to pay left. Cmon guys this is the same team that has paid left tackles over recent yrs less then what kickers get on average.