The Bills, the most popular sports team in New York

Non Mobile Link

For those who cannot see it:

The yellow in the NE states are the Bruins.

The little tiny blue dot state, maybe Delaware, where as, such as South Africa... is Patriots

Massachusetts and the state next to New York that is either Vermont or the other one is Red Sox.

Hawaii is Miami Heat.

Edited by jboyst62

Non Mobile Link

The little tiny blue dot state, maybe Delaware, where as, such as South Africa... is Patriots

Massachusetts and the state next to New York that is either Vermont or the other one is Red Sox.

Hawaii is Miami Heat.

That's Rhode Island. Delaware loves the Eagles.

Non Mobile Link

Hawaii is Miami Heat.

I thought that it meant there was a lot of heat down there... Somehow I transitioned from the topic at hand to a weather forecast,...

That nullifies the article's claim for sure. Also, this was based on internet searches, no? How does that correlate with "most popular sports team"?

On my phone I can't see what information was used but don't you think there's at least some correlation between Internet searches and being popular? Isn't that essentially the information used today? Such as if you're website gets a certain number of searches you command more advertising dollars.

Edited by Triple Threat

In terms if true fanbase, I'd rank NY teams like this:

Yankees

Giants

Jets

Mets

Bills

Rangers

Knicks

Sabres

Islanders

I left Devils out but the Jets and Giants are in the equation. I think the Knicks and Rangers would easily switch places based on who is doing better that year. I may be wrong on the Bills below the Mets. Their fan base may be more concentrated on Long Island, in which case the Bils may have larger base.

The Raiders are the most popular in California? Methinks this study is a little off.

Don't be so sure. The Raiders are popular nationwide, and a lot of fans just like their color scheme because it makes them look tough.

Read this on the Bills app this AM.

So much for the media person that claimed the Bills needed to relocate and or rebrand its name.

the Bruins are more popular than the Putz in Mass LOL

The Nats more popular than the Skins? WOW. TV ratings for the Nats dropped 30% since last season.