Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

stupid penalties. crucial drops. oft hampered by injury. silly celebrations. sillier social media gaffes = why not so serious?

he was an integral part of the culture of losing, I'm sure the coaches saw it too.

this is a great thread.

He played in 76/96 career games and only missed significant time in 2009; how does that qualify as "oft hampered by injury?" Not to mention, he played through pain his fair share (as he and all professional athletes should, IMO).

300 receptions and 3800 yards in 6 years does not scream (to me) "integral part of a culture of losing." That's like saying Barry Sanders was one of the reasons the Lions sucked. Makie no sensie.

None (as in zero) of his penalties caused the Bills to lose a football game.

One of his drops caused the Bills to lose one football game; winning said game would have done nothing but get them one draft pick earlier.

Silly celebrations ... add him to the list of, oh, about a hundred other NFL players who (gasp) have fun whilst working.

Bottom line: Stevie Johnson earned every penny he made as a Bill. He played his ass off for a team that he KNEW was going nowhere. His absence is not because of his past; his absence is because of the team's future.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of his drops caused the Bills to lose one football game; winning said game would have done nothing but get them one draft pick earlier.

Come on Gug, only 1? I put the number at 3.

1. Pitt

2. Jets. Fitz hit him right in the hands on the 20 yard line where he could have split the safeties and worst cast gotten inside the 10. He probably would have scored. 1st and goal on the 10 would have given us a much greater chance to win that 2nd and 10 on the 48 or whatever it was if he didn't get in.

3. Falcons - Yes, Chandler dropped one too. But if SJ holds onto his, it never gets to OT. He fumbled in FG range where a FG wins us the game and Carpenter is money.

And then one could probably add in Patsies drop on 3rd down in the 4th quarter on opening day 2013 and the one vs the Bengals that was ruled a no catch forcing us to punt late in the game as being major contributions to those losses as well. That's 5. Pretty culture-of-losing-esque I'd say. The Happy New Year Patsies game he probably contributed too since we were way up and whippin' 'em up to that point. We had to go with Ruvell Martin from then on.

In the Pitt game he also dropped one in the EZ with less than 2 minutes to go along with several others that day.

The 1000 yard seasons were fun though.

Edited by reddogblitz

He played in 76/96 career games and only missed significant time in 2009; how does that qualify as "oft hampered by injury?" Not to mention, he played through pain his fair share (as he and all professional athletes should, IMO).

300 receptions and 3800 yards in 6 years does not scream (to me) "integral part of a culture of losing." That's like saying Barry Sanders was one of the reasons the Lions sucked. Makie no sensie.

None (as in zero) of his penalties caused the Bills to lose a football game.

Silly celebrations ... add him to the list of, oh, about a hundred other NFL players who (gasp) have fun whilst working.

Bottom line: Stevie Johnson earned every penny he made as a Bill. He played his ass off for a team that he KNEW was going nowhere. His absence is not because of his past; his absence is because of the team's future.

I figured it out!

In San Fran, they'll be way ahead in a lot of games and it will be an opportunity for his legendary garbage time contributions. He'll have plenty of time to dream up his post TD celebrations on the bench whilst the first team is building the lead.

Chad Johnson called from 2005 and wants his swag back, Stevie.

Jeez, you guys talk about him like his first name is Calvin.

Edited by You herd it hear last

I figured it out!

In San Fran, they'll be way ahead in a lot of games and it will be an opportunity for his legendary garbage time contributions. He'll have plenty of time to dream up his post TD celebrations on the bench whilst the first team is building the lead.

I can only speak for myself, so I will. No ... I'm not saying he's one of the best receivers in football. He was, however, the best receiver on the Buffalo Bills for years and he played as such.

I hope he has a few more 1,000 yard season in SF. He is on a great team and he deserves to win for a change.

I seriously have no idea why any Bills fan would not wish the same for him.

I can only speak for myself, so I will. No ... I'm not saying he's one of the best receivers in football. He was, however, the best receiver on the Buffalo Bills for years and he played as such.

I hope he has a few more 1,000 yard season in SF. He is on a great team and he deserves to win for a change.

Yep.

I wonder how many would be touting all his Bills' "accomplishments" if he signed with Miami, the Jets or the cheatriettes.

Exactly, it's not like the guy is Donte or Jairus.

stupid penalties. crucial drops. oft hampered by injury. silly celebrations. sillier social media gaffes = why not so serious?

he was an integral part of the culture of losing, I'm sure the coaches saw it too.

this is a great thread.

I bet your a winner too

I figured it out!

you act like his last name is Hardy

I wonder how many would be touting all his Bills' "accomplishments" if he signed with Miami, the Jets or the cheatriettes.

So when Thurman Thomas went to Miami, it nullified his accomplishments as a Bill in your eyes? Or are you not old enough to remember that? You are not making sense.

So when Thurman Thomas went to Miami, it nullified his accomplishments as a Bill in your eyes? Or are you not old enough to remember that? You are not making sense.

Apples and oranges. The Bills did Thurman wrong, and Thurman is a HOFer. Stevie won't even make the Bills wall of fame.

if we hadn't traded him he would have

that is a seriously thin imaginary limb you're climbin' out on. please be safe.

This is just trolling.

c'mon man, it's just the opposite end of the spectrum. it's lonely over here. you guys and your rainbows and puppies havin' all the fun. (kicks up dirt) aw shucks

I bet your a winner too

you act like his last name is Hardy

hey! I'm not callin' you names.

the second one was funny

c'mon man, it's just the opposite end of the spectrum. it's lonely over here. you guys and your rainbows and puppies havin' all the fun. (kicks up dirt) aw shucks

You and me You herd it hear last. I'm with ya.

Let's close this. Who gives a crap about Stevie. Long gone.

If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it, or post. Same goes for you mrags.

Edited by reddogblitz

You and me You herd it hear last. I'm with ya.

If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it, or post. Same goes for you mrags.

ill just shut up now. No point in arguing about this anymore. And that's what this is. An argument. Nothing even close to an informed discussion. I'll just continue to hope one of the better Bills of recent years good luck on his new team that has been deep into the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Good luck Stevie.