Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

Don't miss drops, fumbles & hurtful penalties.

well I can't defend woods on penalties. He threw a punch and got ejected in a game where they were already down WRs. It didn't end up hurting them, he was a rookie, heat of the moment, don't know whole story, so I'll give him one mulligan, but really dumb.

That said, Stevie was still getting them with planned celebrations as a veteran. Dumber.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I can't defend woods on penalties. He threw a punch and got ejected in a game where they were already down WRs. It didn't end up hurting them, he was a rookie, heat of the moment, don't know whole story, so I'll give him one mulligan, but really dumb.

That said, Stevie was still getting them with planned celebrations as a veteran. Dumber.

Over and over and over again... He seemed like the ME type of player.... No room for them in B-lo

Right on! This move was def a win-win... I can't remember exactly where I read it, but Stevie's route running wasn't conducive for a young QB... Routes never the same, timing never got ironed out, etc... I'm certainly not a film junkie, nor do I know everything (lol) but I can totally see how his unique route running could cause fits for EJ...

The culture in SF is also a better fit for him. They have an established winning culture. All he needs to do is come in and fall in line. In Bflo, it is a work in progress. He wasn't buying into what needed to happen to get it there.

The culture in SF is also a better fit for him. They have an established winning culture. All he needs to do is come in and fall in line. In Bflo, it is a work in progress. He wasn't buying into what needed to happen to get it there.

Yup!!! I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring if we weren't in the game, but then it adds about 15 threads about how we shouldn't have traded him and how we got robbed in the trade, fire the front office.... Bc clearly- Stevie was their missing piece and that would have been us... You know not too!

Although, Stevie did have more receptions, and more yards than Woods last season.

I also don't think it's even relevant to compare Stevie to Woods. We easily could have had both. Personally, I wish he were still a Bill.

I would hope so, considering he was the defacto #1 WR and Woods was a rook. If he didn't, we surely wouldn't have gotten a 4th rounder. Edited by YoloinOhio

Stevie Johnson earned every penny and more as a Bill. He worked hard. He played hard. He wanted to win every bit as much as any fan wanted the Bills to win. He did his part. His Bills career should not be defined by a couple costly drops and a few small bouts of immaturity. I wish him the best in the rest of his NFL career and beyond. He's a good dude, in my book.

And yes. I miss him. But I think his departure was both smart and necessary for him AND the Bills.

I was going to say that .

Really the right thing to do for all concerned at the time.

Payday , thats the one with all the nuts , right ?

Yes i like them. And enjoy them from time to time.

but they have a lot of Nuts...

Not only does the payday have lots of nuts ... salty nuts, to boot ... but the nuts are held together by a caramel and nougat mixture.

When the saltiness meets the sweetness along with the texture of the peanut ... it's like a flavor explosion in your mouth.

I can't think of a candybar that compares to it.

Someone name a better candy bar. I dare you.

Not only does the payday have lots of nuts ... salty nuts, to boot ... but the nuts are held together by a caramel and nougat mixture.

When the saltiness meets the sweetness along with the texture of the peanut ... it's like a flavor explosion in your mouth.

I was referring especially to the Nuts . I could find the forum to compare .

With sumptiousness of the payday candy bar is is quite a treat indeed.

And so are you Gugny .

How many times have you had a salty flavor explosion in your mouth... You really seem too excited about this- lol, are we will talking about the Payday™ Or the payload?

How many times have you had a salty flavor explosion in your mouth... You really seem too excited about this- lol, are we will talking about the Payday™ Or the payload?

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

So the hundred thousand dollar bar.

opines ?

I can see you wont be talked down ,

But surely we should return to the program and i apologise for exacerbating the dialogue. Honest good fun about an honest good ole american candy bar.

Even the name brings thoughts of the NFL.

And training camp.

I still have not figured out whose street i will park on. I bet i get a ticket. My luck !

I hope to get night tickets tomorrow from Henrietta NY Tops grocery store if they have any left.

So the hundred thousand dollar bar.

opines ?

I can see you wont be talked down ,

But surely we should return to the program and i apologise for exacerbating the dialogue. Honest good fun about an honest good ole american candy bar.

Even the name brings thoughts of the NFL.

And training camp.

I still have not figured out whose street i will park on. I bet i get a ticket. My luck !

I hope to get night tickets tomorrow from Henrietta NY Tops grocery store if they have any left.

The 100K bar has got me thinking. Love it.

Does anyone remember the Reggie Bar? That was really good. Anyone? Beuller?

In the right situation (like San Fran) Stevie can really shine. His unorthodox route running is hard for db's to cover. Maybe his style didn't fit with what we wanted to do but he's going to do some damage in the slot with the Niners and we are going to be jealous. EJ has good chemistry with Woods but he's small, I don't know how well he's going to do running across the middle. I wish we would have kept him

I'm not so sure Stevie liked playing the slot where being slammed after catch, sometimes sandwiched, is business as usual. I don't want to be seen as hating on a good player, but watching film he would typically run out of bounds when he could instead of putting his shoulder down and going for extra YAC. It was commented on Twitter by former players "#13 never comes back for the ball" which also typically results in being pasted. Can I blame him, eh, he was playing hurt a lot of the time, he was not on a team of winners all striving for that extra bit....lots of factors.

I'm also pretty sure his unorthodox route running style didn't fit at all with what Marrone is trying to do with the offense and teach EJ.

I wish him success with the 9ers. He definitely has the potential to be a game changer by getting open when other WR can't, or by attracting attention so other WR can.

I believe that being on a championship-contender team where he's no longer the best WR on the team will inspire Stevie, and I believe that Harbaugh will be adept enough to use him to his best advantage and he'll contribute.

Edited by Hopeful

I still wish he was on the team, but what can you do.

I also wish we still had Byrd, and a couple other former Bills. And I wish a couple current Bills were gone.

I don't think there will ever be a time I'm 100% happy with the makeup of any team I root for. :)