Happy Independence Day

boyst

Maybe it is because I just watched Lone Survivor for the first time and I am feeling very Patriotic. But, Happy Independence Day to everyone. To those who have given their lives and time to our country and to all of those who sacrifice and have done so in the past, we owe you for the lives we live today.

Thank you everyone for this little chunk of land that we live on.

America. !@#$ yeah.

Happy Independence Day to all of you.

A special thank you to the founding fathers, whom we should never forget.

They were far from being perfect men, but nobody can deny the vision and dream they had of freedom for this country.

Happy Independence Day to all you head cases who enjoy the simple freedom of posting in a forum like this. For all of its faults the U.S. has much to be proud of. The same goes for this community.

So, you're saying MRags should stay?

'Merica, #@&$ yeah indeed! Happy 4th to all.

Edit: and in the spirit of cookouts/parties I'll share a unique Sangria recipe we think rocks:

"Zen Sangria"

3 bottles dry white wine

60 oz pomegranate juice (I use Pom)

60 oz apricot nectar

60 oz pear nectar

A fifth of green tea vodka (I make my own using a fifth of Russian Standard and six green tea bags that I allow to "steep" in the vodka for about 24 hours)

A little sweet, a little tart, and the green tea flavor is what makes it "different."

This is a big enough batch for a decent sized get-together, but is easily configurable (I tripled the original recipe)

It's what we'll be serving by the pool today!

Edited by eball

'Merica, #@&$ yeah indeed! Happy 4th to all.

Edit: and in the spirit of cookouts/parties I'll share a unique Sangria recipe we think rocks:

"Zen Sangria"

3 bottles dry white wine

60 oz pomegranate juice (I use Pom)

60 oz apricot nectar

60 oz pear nectar

A fifth of green tea vodka (I make my own using a fifth of Russian Standard and six green tea bags that I allow to "steep" in the vodka for about 24 hours)

A little sweet, a little tart, and the green tea flavor is what makes it "different."

This is a big enough batch for a decent sized get-together, but is easily configurable (I tripled the original recipe)

It's what we'll be serving by the pool today!

I need to get you some moonshine. All that fancy stuff makes me think you might just be one of them queerosexuals. You're in the South now, adapt :nana:

Wait, you said pool. Never mind. You're amazing, awesome and a very smart man. I bet you grill better then anyone and have the best alcoholic beverages around.

Edited by jboyst62

I need to get you some moonshine. All that fancy stuff makes me think you might just be one of them queerosexuals. You're in the South now, adapt :nana:

Wait, you said pool. Never mind. You're amazing, awesome and a very smart man. I bet you grill better then anyone and have the best alcoholic beverages around.

:lol: I'm down for a swig of 'shine every now and then. Mrs. eball insists that I have a "group" beverage around, however, and this one is actually pretty damn good!

Happy Independence Day to all you head cases who enjoy the simple freedom of posting in a forum like this. For all of its faults the U.S. has much to be proud of. The same goes for this community.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/lou-gehrig-speech-75th-anniversary-mlb-new-york-yankees

It's a baseball player with a terrible disease giving a speech, but it exemplifies so many things about America. The will and determination to carry on, the freedom to do what you love and the appreciation of what others have done to allow that freedom to you. The humility to realize that despite whatever obstacle is in front of you, there is still much you have.

Although this was about one loved person, it says a lot about what the American system has afforded us all.

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans.

"Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jacob Ruppert? Also, the builder of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow? To have spent six years with that wonderful little fellow, Miller Huggins? Then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in baseball today, Joe McCarthy? Sure, I'm lucky.

"When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter - that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and build your body - it's a blessing. When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed - that's the finest I know.

"So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for."