Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As he was penciled in as a starter before this it looks like we now need two guys to step up to change that.

Keith Rivers Nigel Bradham Preston Brown are underated here . And Artur Moats a little bit .

Ran Dell ? !

DE end is my worry because i think Bills might change up Lawsons role. and i really have no idea who Wynn is. Except he can move inside ( ? )

but though i can see in stats why Rivers seems a flub. Why would the Bills pay him to be a starter unless they thought .... he was a starter .

He has played both sides.

I'd prefer to consider him , hopefully , a Jerry Hughes of sorts.

edit Jerry comparo= In that Keith finds his footing with the Bills. i think its quite possible . happens everyday

Kiko wouldn't of won us any games this year anyway. The season will come down to how EJ plays.

True but with Kiko on the field the game would be a sh** load more fun . The kid is a playmaker and was great to watch overall .

Let it roll.

The legend will surely live on to fight another day.

you are simply right Hackett and EJ have to get fitted up

Edited by 3rdand12

Keith Rivers Nigel Bradham Preston Brown are underated here . And Artur Moats a little bit .

Ran Dell ? !

DE end is my worry because i think Bills might change up Lawsons role. and i really have no idea who Wynn is. Except he can move inside ( ? )

but though i can see in stats why Rivers seems a flub. Why would the Bills pay him to be a starter unless they thought .... he was a starter .

He has played both sides.

I'd prefer to consider him , hopefully , a Jerry Hughes of sorts.

edit Jerry comparo= In that Keith finds his footing with the Bills. i think its quite possible . happens everyday

True but with Kiko on the field the game would be a sh** load more fun . The kid is a playmaker and was great to watch overall .

Let it roll.

Moats is no longer a bill FYI. Edited by Don't stop billievein

Let it roll.

Exactly. Watching Kiko is just fun. Just won't be the same without him this year.

I heard he tore it running to Brazil. He was going to go down and win another football game.

kj

Exactly. They were Brazilian kids going to the beach before the Foutball game started. That is why US lost. Kiko never made it.

Exactly. Watching Kiko is just fun. Just won't be the same without him this year.

Yep. But the stuff i have been reading about this P Brown since he was drafted has me pretty stoked that he i not only a physical player but smart.

His short area spedd is an asset. . I got hope.

But thats what we do isn't it JR ?

Honestly ( no koolaid ) the LBs are well staffed this year.

Oh ! Get well soon get well Kiko

Get well soon get well Kiko

he is a steeler

Damn them for taking him away from us !

I think i knew that.

But thank you D S B

I have been at work since i began trying to keep up with the vapid pace here abouts . wow .

Definitely has made the front page . And rightly so.

CSBill first. May i suggest Brown would be better suited to replace Rivers when Rivers moves to the venerable Kiko's position ?

Bradham might be better to fill the void. but i think highly of P Brown .

I agree Brown was brought on as a Spikes apprentice , and i agree that reports from the Bills are suggesting he might have 3 down abliity .

I was very looking forward to watching the Kid Alonso develop this year. So that sucks. and its sucks for him and the team. But for me alot .

I have no question this is a simple coaches challenge, Jim will run his game a shade different. A bit press here and bit more cushion there etc etc.

Thinking and reading off and on during breaks what you all have posted brings me here.

We are fine. whaley was smart enough to get depth at DB and LB to deal with this.

Lawson and Hughes might have to stand one or two plays a game to create the look of blitz or added coverage.

Its gonna be fine .

Get Well soon Kiko Alonso ! We will miss you .

Go Bills

I do enjoy your wit Sir.

I had a good after work chuckle right there. Thanks !

Well thought out and articulated assessment... You won me over.... Thank you

No question that it sucks, but this happens to at least one team per year. I think that in the case of Kiko, who is very diligent about off season conditioning, he may have been doing a workout routine that put too much stress on the knee. Or it could just have been a freak accident.

During a morning practice in high school football, I saw one of our receivers tear his knee up running a pass pattern.

Just running the pattern with no pads, in shorts and no contact. A 12 yard down and in. He sprinted out, started to make the cut and went down screaming.

In a strange way, it's better to have to deal with an injury like this now than in the middle of the season. The rest of the linebackers on the team are going to have to step up and fill the void.

Good teams overcome injuries like this all the time. We'll find out if our team has enough talent on defense to play through it.

I don't see whats' so ridiculous about saying he's one of our teams best players. :blink:

Considering that he was runner up for DROY, your statement seems more ridiculous. Stil, I've done my share of crazy-talk on this forum so I'll be nice. Suggesting that Spiller with his two touchdowns, or Aaron Williams with his one career INT going into last season are anywhere NEAR the type of impact player Kiko has been is well...(gulp) somewhat uninformed on your part.

I'm not sure what you make of the 87 solo tackles, four INT's and two sacks this kid racked up last year, but please consider the fact that he did it as a ROOKIE. A rookie, that by some accounts was playing out of position at MLB. -By any standard, this is a devastating loss for us. A loss compounded by the fact that this season's D was basically Kiko's. -Tweaked to play to his strengths and abilities as an AMAZING playmaker. Sliding him over to "will" leaves him free to do what Kiko does, which is basically EVERYTHING.

True, the show must go on, and someone obviously needs to step up. I just can't think of who that could be at this point. Kiko Alonso is one hell of an act to try and follow.

i don't deny that he was good. But I think your crazy if you don't think those names one lost are better than Kiko at least at this point in their careers. Doesn't mean Kiko won't be better. I personally feel he will be than most on that list. But for now, it's not as huge as many believe. It's not the end of the world. We're not losing our starting QB, TB, WR, CB, LT, DE. It's one third of our LBs and honestly, not our best LB.

Well, in case it hasn't been said...this sucks.

this is still true.

I do enjoy your wit Sir.

I had a good after work chuckle right there. Thanks !

Your welcome, and thank you.

That was just a weird episode that made almost no sense. Just because a musical episode worked for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", doesn't mean it'll work for any show.