Mario Williams to be on Top 100 tonight

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are down to the top 30 players in the NFL. The Bills defense will end up with 4 of the top 84 players in the NFL with 3 of the top 62 on the defensive line. I think that's pretty impressive.

It also shows that this team has the talent. With right coaching and a above average offense, this team can make the playoffs.

Jerry Sullivan is furiously trying to get a protest going and a write-in campaign to get him off the Top 30 list. He So Lazy.

:oops:

He could advocate trading him for John Skelton. I haven't seen Skelton's name yet on the top 100 list but there are still 30 players to be revealed.

How long have they been doing the top 100, and is this higher or lower than he has been in the past? Anyone know?

I think that this is the 4th or 5th year. I thought that he was in the 70's last year. I believe that this will be the highest that a Bills player has been ranked since the list started.

EDIT: This is the 4th year of the list and Mario Williams was 72 last year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We also had Byrd last year, who I'm sure is ranked above Mario

Yeah, I thought that Byrd would make the list but at this point I would be a little surprised if he is on there. Is Byrd a top 30 player? Earl Thomas is certainly left but don't know about any other safeties. Last year Dennis Pitta was on the list and Jimmy Graham wasn't so who knows when it comes to what the players are thinking.

Yeah, I thought that Byrd would make the list but at this point I would be a little surprised if he is on there. Is Byrd a top 30 player? Earl Thomas is certainly left but don't know about any other safeties. Last year Dennis Pitta was on the list and Jimmy Graham wasn't so who knows when it comes to what the players are thinking.

He got paid, the players will have him high on the list

He got paid, the players will have him high on the list

5 safeties made it last year (the highest being Ed Reed at 18). The other 4 were Earl Thomas 66, Pollard at 87, Polamalu at 91 and Goldson at 96.

So far this year Weddle at 92, TJ Ward at 82, Antrel Rolle at 72, Kam Chancellor at 65, Troy Polamalu at 61, and Eric Berry at 50. Obviously Earl Thomas will be up there as well. If Byrd is still to come he is ranked too high but if he isn't on the list, he is too low.

5 safeties made it last year (the highest being Ed Reed at 18). The other 4 were Earl Thomas 66, Pollard at 87, Polamalu at 91 and Goldson at 96.

So far this year Weddle at 92, TJ Ward at 82, Antrel Rolle at 72, Kam Chancellor at 65, Troy Polamalu at 61, and Eric Berry at 50. Obviously Earl Thomas will be up there as well. If Byrd is still to come he is ranked too high but if he isn't on the list, he is too low.

I too would be shocked if Byrd wasn't on the list - as long as he isn't above Earl Thomas I guess I could see him in the top 30. Bit high IMO though.

It also shows that this team has the talent. With right coaching and a above average offense, this team can make the playoffs.

PLAY OFFS - PLAY OFFS !! Let just go for the big game !!! All the way to the SUPER BOWL !! HOW BOUT THEM BILLS !!

Edited by T master

I think that this is the 4th or 5th year. I thought that he was in the 70's last year. I believe that this will be the highest that a Bills player has been ranked since the list started.

EDIT: This is the 4th year of the list and Mario Williams was 72 last year.

Wow - big jump but 2013 was a significantly better year for him.

Pretty impressive, even it is utlimately kind of meaningless...every time I see the players names scroll across the bottom of the screen, and I see Kyle Williams at #32, it maked me happy...but then I pause when I realize the names he is ranked higher than? I am not saying it is isn't possible, or that he doesn 't belong...but he ranks higher than some pretty big names. Now, of course, their is condideration for positions..

Wow - big jump but 2013 was a significantly better year for him.

I guess Buffalo has been good for Mario....he was ranked #71 in 2011, didn't make the list in 2012 (injured most of the year), #72 last year...and now in the top 30!

Incidentally, is Freddy the only offensive player the Bills have ever placed on the list? Did Spiller make it last year...or maybe Stevie? As I recall, Freddie was somewhere in the 80-85 range the first year they did it.