Mario Williams to be on Top 100 tonight

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, I did. He barely got a hand on him. That game was awful.

Worst game of the year, for me. Pitt was bad, but Tampa was worse because all phases of the game were brutal. That game was the day after OSU lost in the Big 10 Championship and was one of the worst sports weekends for me in recent memory.

I honestly can't fathom how the comments on this post favor Super so much and Kyle so little.

Kyle is the engine of our defense. He is usually the initiator gaining the momentum for out team.

Super while the poster-boy for what an NFL player should look like, was found standing around and reading the D for nearly entire games. While, it is true he was asked to read, he didn't react quick enough.

The Good News...

The good news is that Jim Schwartz will not ask Super to do this (at least, not anywhere to the extent Pettine did).

Jim Schwartz has always said his defense is defensive line friendly and it is. On nearly all plays the four linemen will be responsible for only one gap. Their primary job by far is getting upfield towards the Ball. Hopefully the QB has it when they get there.

This is the main reason I think schwartz didn't take a year off (with pay). He knows our defensive linemen fit his D like a glove.

Mario as the giant pass rusher, against the strong side running game. Dareus whm I think prefers playing one gap and getting in the action and stats (alas, he will still be the guy doubled by far). Kyle who is one of the better one gappers of all time. And Race Car Jerry Hughes who is the rare quick-twitch, explosive pass rusher.

He's even got the legendary Kiko to play keith bullock's old role as playmaker extraordinaire. He's acquired not one, but two of the thumpers he needs in the middle to run his D. Keith Rivers role is unknown to me though, he could go from back-up and mainstay special-teamer to three-down starter and STer and everything in between. It'll be neat to see him this summer. If not him at OLB it could be a combo deal or perhaps nigel Bradham. I guess it could even be someone else there at OLB....the point is we have a ton of good looking options and if he is an unknown so be it. Because he beat out some real talent to win it.

The coolest thing is he may have the best and deepest secondary he ever coached.

Great things man, great things gunna happen.

I honestly can't fathom how the comments on this post favor Super so much and Kyle so little.

Kyle is the engine of our defense. He is usually the initiator gaining the momentum for out team.

Super while the poster-boy for what an NFL player should look like, was found standing around and reading the D for nearly entire games. While, it is true he was asked to read, he didn't react quick enough.

The Good News...

The good news is that Jim Schwartz will not ask Super to do this (at least, not anywhere to the extent Pettine did).

Jim Schwartz has always said his defense is defensive line friendly and it is. On nearly all plays the four linemen will be responsible for only one gap. Their primary job by far is getting upfield towards the Ball. Hopefully the QB has it when they get there.

This is the main reason I think schwartz didn't take a year off (with pay). He knows our defensive linemen fit his D like a glove.

Mario as the giant pass rusher, against the strong side running game. Dareus whm I think prefers playing one gap and getting in the action and stats (alas, he will still be the guy doubled by far). Kyle who is one of the better one gappers of all time. And Race Car Jerry Hughes who is the rare quick-twitch, explosive pass rusher.

He's even got the legendary Kiko to play keith bullock's old role as playmaker extraordinaire. He's acquired not one, but two of the thumpers he needs in the middle to run his D. Keith Rivers role is unknown to me though, he could go from back-up and mainstay special-teamer to three-down starter and STer and everything in between. It'll be neat to see him this summer. If not him at OLB it could be a combo deal or perhaps nigel Bradham. I guess it could even be someone else there at OLB....the point is we have a ton of good looking options and if he is an unknown so be it. Because he beat out some real talent to win it.

The coolest thing is he may have the best and deepest secondary he ever coached.

I hope you are right, but you are assuming an awful lot.

The Good News...

I think Kiko will have a great year, the weakside linebacker in this defense has a lot of freedoms, Levy played it last year and I feel he is not as talented as Kiko....Levy ranked in the top 100 too, I expect a Pro Bowl performance from Kiko.

I worry about Keith Rivers, I hope our front office knows something the rest of the league does not... I think Lawson may be put back at strongside, his ability to cover and set the edge should not be ignored.

Jerry Sullivan is furiously trying to get a protest going and a write-in campaign to get him off the Top 30 list. He So Lazy.

:oops:

Well said. Sully has an agenda against Mario. He still must be pissed off that Mario has his own mini fridge.