Can we trust Roger Goodell?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the problem here? That Goodell had lunch with JBJ?

Goodell is the NFL commissioner and as such having meetings with potential owners is part of his job.

It is not his decision as to who the next owner of the Bills will be.

Non-issue.

Goodell is the NFL commissioner and as such having meetings with potential owners is part of his job.

Non-issue.

When is his meeting with Terry Pegula?

Non-issue.

This is true. Goodell could use his influence, but ultimately it's up to Mary Wilson and then the NFL Owners.

The Commissioner says he wants the Bils to stay in Buffalo, but is he talking out of both sides of his mouth?

http://pagesix.com/2...dst-bills-sale/?

This is a total non issue and it was already raised here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168508-bills-officially-for-sale-let-the-bidding-begin/page__st__120#entry3160595

Pretty much where I am. Curious he took such a public meeting. He knew it would be in the media.

I wouldnt be shocked if they had a silent deal to expand to Toronto later this decade.... but they do (as does the trust) want the Toronto group(s) to bid in good faith as it will drive up the price as well as all the other franchises' worth

And Goodell would want that boogeyman public. Also adds urgency to the stadium cause

Edited by May Day 10

Probably as soon as Mr. Pegula requests one.

CodeMonkey, we all know it's not Goodell's desicion who the next owner of the Bills will be. But if you are so naive as to think He doesn't weild great influence over the owners, who will approve or not approve of all this, then you're very foolish.

CodeMonkey, we all know it's not Goodell's desicion who the next owner of the Bills will be. But if you are so naive as to think He doesn't weild great influence over the owners, who will approve or not approve of all this, then you're very foolish.

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that Goodell worked for the owners, not the other way around (for example he is the CEO and the owners are the board of directors).

And I would imagine the owners take his advice very seriously or he would not have been appointed commissioner.

But I'm not sure how any of that is relevant to him having a lunch meeting with JBJ or Pegula or anyone else.

Edited by CodeMonkey