Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Littman is 100% going to want the team to stay here.... I would not worry about his vote

You worry about all the votes. To state the trustee voters want the team to stay in Buffalo is purely speculative. There is no information, 0, that any of them have stated such. What you say to yourself to help you sleep better at nights is fine and dandy, but it's not fact to be sure.

Litman and his family are deeply supportive of the Bills in WNY... and for the record, I don't tell myself anything to help me sleep better at nights. Have you read my posts in this thread?

I am deeply concerned that the MLSE/Bon Jovi bid has been the plan all along here. All the "don;t worry I have sources" people are even trying to calm us down and warm us up to their bid now.

First The Lunch. Then Jaws. Now the "wink, nod we'll be fine" people are on board.

We are in BIG BIG trouble is what I think. Still, something does not add up here.

That's now the 3rd or 4th time your taken a shot at a poster that many of us have told you has been very reliable and informative in the past.

Knock it off.

Learn to make your point another way or go somewhere else to make it.

Thanks.

You serious bandit? Calling out someone responding to someone who is taking a cheap shot at him about being able to sleep at night with this?

Pot, kettle, black and all that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does?

Sometimes in life you can take some solace in knowing that there are things in this world you can't possibly know as well as things that are completely out of your control. Sometimes you can find a little peace in just letting go, and letting the chips fall as they may.

This is not one of those times.

That's now the 3rd or 4th time your taken a shot at a poster that many of us have told you has been very reliable and informative in the past.

Knock it off.

Learn to make your point another way or go somewhere else to make it.

Thanks.

First of all, I wasn't taking a shot at anyone, although given the way this thread has gone I can see how that might have come across as that.

When I say "the don't worry we'll be fine/ I have sources people" I am referring to the MANY people who have held that position over the past few months. Some have been interviewed on WGR. Some have posted sports articles. Some are local sports bloggers. Some are message board posters. Others have been referenced (but not named) by the hosts of WGR. Yes, I realize WGR's reputation with some on here, but it's the Buffalo sports station.

I realize that wording can seem snarky or sarcastic but that is not how I meant it.

My point is that all of a sudden this Bon Jovi bid is everywhere and many of the same people who were saying "don't worry" are now suddenly saying that the Toronto group has had a "come to Jesus moment" and is committed to keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

Maybe that's true, but I am far from the only one who doubts it. My main question is whether this Toronto group bid is the one the NFL favors, given a couple owners talking up Bon Jovi and Goddell having lunch with Bon Jovi right before this supposed "change of heart."

So I apologize if it seemed like I was taking a shot at anyone, because I am not. I do NOT, however, apologize for not believing that the Toronto group suddenly wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I will believe that the day ground is broken on a new stadium in WNY.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I do NOT, however, apologize for not believing that the Toronto group suddenly wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I will believe that the day ground is broken on a new stadium in WNY.

I couldn't agree more, Bon Jovi is poison.

Sometimes in life you can take some solace in knowing that there are things in this world you can't possibly know as well as things that are completely out of your control. Sometimes you can find a little peace in just letting go, and letting the chips fall as they may.

This is not one of those times.

:lol:

Put it this way: if Rogers, Bon Jovi, and Tannenbaum showed up at my house and promised me face to face that they suddenly are devoted to keeping the Bills in Buffalo I still would not believe them.

And then I would punch them. Repeatedly.

Not surprising at all; did anyone expect it would be under $1B? I'm thinking El Pegual is ready to write that $1.2B check...

No different from what we have suspected, no... but just wonder why he is being asked about it. As in, what is the connection with him to the Bills? I can see getting his opinion, but he is so emphatic.