Iraq is Burning

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe...........why do continually embarrass yourself ?

READ the article !!!

Two ex-military experts, one on Fox, one on MSNBC, offer their considerable opinion that the Obama administration's actions do not show a more cohesive strategy.

NO ONE accepts that "oh its just Fox News" Bull Sh*t anymore

lazy, ridiculous response.

instead of getting your panties in a bunch over faux news, why don't you respond to the body of my post which is that we couldn't afford the nation-building option espoused by the neocons? also try putting it in your own words rather than a lengthy cut and paste crap article.

Obama doesn't lack a strategy at all (in his mind). Only the impending political disaster of the world witnessing the death of 10's of thousands of Christians has moved him to respond.

cant solely be that as Obama's policy contributed to the devastation of historic christian towns and peoples in Syria

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Washington Post and New York Times on the same page.

Obama’s authorization of Iraq airstrikes isn’t connected to a coherent strategy

Washington Post, by Editorial

Original Article

Fear of ‘Another Benghazi’ Drove White House to Airstrikes in Iraq

http://www.nytimes.c...es-in-iraq.html

The thread is about what is happening today, not "navel-gazing" rhetoric about what should have happened decades ago.

instead of getting your panties in a bunch over faux news, why don't you respond to the body of my post

Because the body of your post had nothing to do with his previous link. You simply used his link to repeat the same thing you write every time you post.

What you SHOULD do is just copy the following statement and paste it whenever you feel the need to post something: Only I know the right way to do something, and the right way to do something it to kill everyone but me.When possible, kill the Jews first.

Original Article

Fear of ‘Another Benghazi’ Drove White House to Airstrikes in Iraq

http://www.nytimes.c...es-in-iraq.html

The thread is about what is happening today, not "navel-gazing" rhetoric about what should have happened decades ago.

Oh enough with the Faux news....

oops.

Original Article

Anyone hear Obama's statements this morning? Just a part...

[A]s I’ve said from the start, wherever and whenever U.S. personnel and facilities are threatened, it’s my obligation, my responsibility as Commander-in-Chief, to make sure that they are protected. And we’re not moving our embassy anytime soon. We’re not moving our consulate anytime soon. And that means that, given the challenging security environment, we’re going to maintain vigilance and ensure that our people are safe.

Though really, the whole statement was an self-indictment of five years of empty-headed, brainless, pandering "policy."

Anyone hear Obama's statements this morning? Just a part...

Though really, the whole statement was an self-indictment of five years of empty-headed, brainless, pandering "policy."

Which reflects today's average voter.

My cousin on the Arab/Israeli war, "I am against killing". Yeah no ****, but we don't !@#$ing live in Disneyworld.

Now you guys have done it. You're making the president give a speech about Iraq today when he's supposed to be taking it east at Martha's Vineyard.

If he loses his tee time because of this, heads are gonna roll. Literally, and he doesn't mean figuratively.

Now you guys have done it. You're making the president give a speech about Iraq today when he's supposed to be taking it east at Martha's Vineyard.

If he loses his tee time because of this, heads are gonna roll. Literally, and he doesn't mean figuratively.

If John Oliver is ripping Obama a new one, you know he !@#$ed up hard.

http://http://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-oliver-rips-obamas-reluctant-iraq-airstrikes/

All I hear is Han Solo, "It's not my fault!"

Gee, if only someone tried to warn us six years ago that a man whose entire career was carried on the back of affirmative action would spend his time as president taking credit for the good, blaming others for the bad, learning about the state of the world from watching the news, and handing out taxpayer money to all his friends like candy on Halloween.

We just never saw it coming.

Gee, if only someone tried to warn us six years ago that a man whose entire career was carried on the back of affirmative action would spend his time as president taking credit for the good, blaming others for the bad, learning about the state of the world from watching the news, and handing out taxpayer money to all his friends like candy on Halloween.

We just never saw it coming.

He's still an improvement over the last President

B.O. promised to fundamentally transform America and he certainly has transformed the Office of the Presidency. Once regarded as the Leader of the Free World, the current occupant is now seen to be a short-tempered, sniveling, sniping, sanctimonious coward who's lazy, detached, and out of touch with average Americans and even his own constituency. He is less than a lame duck, defines the word irrelevant.

Syrian Kurdish fighters rescue stranded Yazidis

MALIKIYA, Syria (AP) — In a dusty camp here, Iraqi refugees have new heroes: Syrian Kurdish fighters who battled militants to carve out an escape route for tens of thousands trapped on a mountaintop.

While the U.S. and Iraqi militaries struggle to aid the starving members of Iraq's Yazidi minority with supply drops from the air, the Syrian Kurds took it on themselves to rescue them. ...

For the past few days, fighters have been rescuing Yazidis from the mountain, transporting them into Syrian territory to give them first aid, food and water, and returning some to Iraq via a pontoon bridge.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Anyone here remember while Katrina was hitting N.O., and Nagin was crying about no federal help, someone on the board -- out of desperation -- wrote something like "Why aren't we air-dropping bottled water to these people?"

I remember it was, I think, DC Tom pointing out it would take a moron of epic proportions to drop food and water out of a plane from 15,000 feet.

Case in point...

Anyone here remember while Katrina was hitting N.O., and Nagin was crying about no federal help, someone on the board -- out of desperation -- wrote something like "Why aren't we air-dropping bottled water to these people?"

I remember it was, I think, DC Tom pointing out it would take a moron of epic proportions to drop food and water out of a plane from 15,000 feet.

Case in point...

Just water? What about food? Maybe we could drop in some turkeys. Yeah I know, Les Nessman already proved that turkeys can't fly, so instead of live turkeys lets drop some frozen turkeys from 15k feet