Golisano to bid on Bills & propose new WS staduim

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5?

I call BS

I am one of them . Not officially but if it's on like mofo ? I have seabiscuits back. As long as we get some cases / kegs / trucks of Brador whilst pillaging .

any one else want in /

I know CBF is on board and thats 3

The East Rochester High school field is pretty sweet looking. And close to St John Fisher too. Might be a capacity issue though

They might could fit a field on that land the Senecas bought in Henrietta. That's close to a super walmart, easy access for tailgate supplies.

They might could fit a field on that land the Senecas bought in Henrietta. That's close to a super walmart, easy access for tailgate supplies.

good call .. Maybe where the Dome arena used to thrive ?

The stadium would be within 3 miles of my house if that were the case. I would not mind at all. And would assume people crashing at my house often.

I am one of them . Not officially but if it's on like mofo ? I have seabiscuits back. As long as we get some cases / kegs / trucks of Brador whilst pillaging .

any one else want in /

Ok I'm in...what are we doing again?

The stadium would be within 3 miles of my house if that were the case. I would not mind at all. And would assume people crashing at my house often.

You and me both, homeslice! :D

good call .. Maybe where the Dome arena used to thrive ?

Ooh, even better. Right next to Wegmans. They could use the Dome for pregame concerts. I'd love to see Primus there again like I did in '98.

Ooh, even better. Right next to Wegmans. They could use the Dome for pregame concerts. I'd love to see Primus there again like I did in '98.

Wow. How close are you to the Calkin's Wegmans?

And aerosmith blue oyster cult and rush in 76 ?

[/quote

Well I've probably seen you there before because I'm super close to it and the dome demolished and built into a new stadium would be an even shorter walk for me.

Are you aware there used to be a pre Nascar racetrack on that site in the fifties and early sixties ?

You mean the Snow core tour i went to with my son ? Edited by 3rdand12

Most of the guys that write for the Buffalo News are more interested in pushing their narrative and snark. There are a couple of exceptions, but the News has spiraled downward since the days of people like Jim Kelley, Vic Carucci, and Larry Felser and others.

And Allen Wilson.

Odds are he would secure the team, make them start improving the season record, make the team (aka fanbse, Businesses, county, State) ensure they made some money). If he will do like he allegedly did with the sabers and sped to the cap and not go minor league on us then fine. Leave Brandon and Whaley in place and let them run the damn team.

If he can help get the new (retractable roof or dome) stadium built and secure the Bills future in WNY THEN Sell....so be it.

I don't think we will see a dome, fixed or retractable. It's an extra cost; you already have NFL folks talking new stadium necessary and Cuomo talking about a new stadium would need private funding as opposed to major contributions from the state. The negotiations have begun. Everyone involved will want to keep costs as low as possible. And Buffalo is not getting a Super Bowl any time soon. A 60,200- 65,000 seat stadium would sell out without the need for local business to buy up tickets or ownership to buy them up. I think Pittsburgh has a good model with the Steelers and Pitt sharing training facilities and Heinz Field. Perfect for the Bills/UB. UB gets to step up their profile with a bigger stadium and the Bills have a co-tenant to drive profits.

What I think we will see is a 65,000 seat, open air stadium (because that will be relatively cheap) that will leave room for future expansion, but will come along with development around the stadium such as an entertainment and shopping district and infrastructure (roads, public transit which the state can justify contributing major money too). I think that's what the city of Buffalo should be focused on because that's where more money will be made going forward. This should be in the city of Buffalo. Not Niagara Falls or Batavia. My family back there say things are starting to get better in terms of construction, etc in town.

Edited by purple haze

any one else want in /

We need to get those mofos back for burning down Buffalo during the War of 1812 anyway!

any one else want in /

How did you get the pic of Gugny for your avatar?