World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one problem with soccer: you can't empty your bench when it's 6-0.

Personally, I sometimes enjoy a good blowout. I always want to see it get a little worse. Kinda hoping Germany can kick the extra point here.

Not just me! I think, much like the Super Bowl XX Patriots, we were out way way to late partying. Germans looked like the 1940 version rolling through France! Well organised, decisive, efficient and error free.

Does Neymar/Silva being out mean anything?

If it was close, I might have said yes. But this is a pure beat down.

Dante is a fantastic CB and David Luis is also a top 5. I'm sad that Maicon had to play through that.

He'll forget it once he wins the Scudetto this year :D

I do not mean any disrespect but I really thought today's game was the final World Cup game. I say this because it disappeared and it hadn't been brought up much at all until this big game. It blew up and disappeared.

Here's to hoping the final game brings this much excitement.

I thought you had a bad game today Dante!

ok, now I know it is Curitba, posting in a soccer thread and the avatar gave it away.

Wow!

Shameful performance from Brazil. No excuse for giving up like that. They'll be eating **** for this game for the rest of their lives.

I predicted that Brazil would win today because I though circumstances would force them to play with intelligence and heart. Holy ****, was I wrong!

Actually, I'm kind of glad they got exposed like this. They entirely deserved this result today. The stink of death is on these players and it will take a long time for them to contend again.

I do not mean any disrespect but I really thought today's game was the final World Cup game. I say this because it disappeared and it hadn't been brought up much at all until this big game. It blew up and disappeared.

That's because there's only 4 teams left--so there are not 4 games a day like at the beginning of the Cup.

Wow!

Shameful performance from Brazil. No excuse for giving up like that. They'll be eating **** for this game for the rest of their lives.

I predicted that Brazil would win today because I though circumstances would force them to play with intelligence and heart. Holy ****, was I wrong!

Actually, I'm kind of glad they got exposed like this. They entirely deserved this result today. The stink of death is on these players and it will take a long time for them to contend again.

Heartless soulless performance. I hate the pointless 3 vs 4 game but love that they have to come back out and play in it. They are going to get booed the entire game.

Somehow I'm thinking Brazil beats Germany today.

BUMP!

LoL... Just caught it, 7-1 Germany. Isn't that like winning 72-3 in American football. ;-P

Not just me! I think, much like the Super Bowl XX Patriots, we were out way way to late partying. Germans looked like the 1940 version rolling through France! Well organised, decisive, efficient and error free.

You got 1940 right, but I am thinking biggest margin of win ever, wasn't it Chicago over that racist team from Washington 73-0. ;-P

At work, a bunch of us were watching the game on a big-screen TV. Someone observed that the ESPN caption box ran out of room to display all the German goals on the Germany side of the box.

I suggested they could just list the additional German goals on Brazil's side of the caption box, because Brazil certainly wasn't using it.