WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't require violence.

No but typically it does take violence, weapons, significant threat to the public or repeat offenses to get action. The rule doesn't state that but goodells actions tend to fit that interpretation.

Similarly, the charges levied require a year in jail but I bet you don't think that'll happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, not sure if it means anything for Dareus's case (different state)...

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 58m

Kellen Winslow gets conditional discharge in synthetic marijuana case http://wp.me/p14QSB-9uhm

Of course, that's NJ. Alabama has nothing better to focus on (well maybe being one of the fattest, dumbest states in the country).

If he was released within the hour then Dareus was issued a citation to appear in court, which by most states it is a non-violent misdemeanor charge. The only reason he was taken into custody was for processing, prints, photographs and arrest/custody report.

But still, why, why why...........

If he was released within the hour then Dareus was issued a citation to appear in court, which by most states it is a non-violent misdemeanor charge. The only reason he was taken into custody was for processing, prints, photographs and arrest/custody report.

But still, why, why why...........

I thought I read, albeit it was a few weeks ago now, that it was considered a felony in Bama here he was pulled over. It could be reduced, however...

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Bills DT Marcell Dareus brushes off felony drug charges and says media is distorting facts: http://es.pn/1pyAugT

"It's behind me. I'm not a trouble guy," Dareus said. "I don't cause any problems, nowhere. I'm not a bad guy. I don't do anything. I just have fun and be myself. Things happen, things happen."

Things happen? I want him on the field. I like the kid. But no accountability whatsoever.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I thought I read, albeit it was a few weeks ago now, that it was considered a felony in Bama here he was pulled over. It could be reduced, however...

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Bills DT Marcell Dareus brushes off felony drug charges and says media is distorting facts: http://es.pn/1pyAugT

"It's behind me. I'm not a trouble guy," Dareus said. "I don't cause any problems, nowhere. I'm not a bad guy. I don't do anything. I just have fun and be myself. Things happen, things happen."

Things happen? I want him on the field. I like the kid. But no accountability whatsoever.

That's an AWFUL quote from him. Embarassingly immature.

And it is a felony in Alabama. I'd assume it gets reduced but I'd also tell him not to make dumb comments in the media if he wants it to go away quietly. Last thing he needs to do is make a judge want to teach him a lesson

That's an AWFUL quote from him. Embarassingly immature.

And it is a felony in Alabama. I'd assume it gets reduced but I'd also tell him not to make dumb comments in the media if he wants it to go away quietly. Last thing he needs to do is make a judge want to teach him a lesson

I agree. He really comes off as immature and no sense of accountability for his actions. Disappointing.

Again, shocking! Superstar athlete since he was a pre-teen has maturity issues? Call me surprised.

That at 24 he is saying publicly after a felony drug arrest "I just have fun and things happen" is a big let down.

Sure he's young but that's one that someone should be slapping him in the back of the head for. Several people really.

Edited by NoSaint

That at 24 he is saying publicly after a felony drug arrest "I just have fun and things happen" is a big let down.

Sure he's young but that's one that someone should be slapping him in the back of the head for. Several people really.

Of course Rodak plucked that quote to tweet out, likely he also sees it as negative, or questionable at best:

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 4m

Marcell Dareus: “I’m not a bad guy. I don’t do anything. I just have fun and be myself. Things happen, things happen."

Again, shocking! Superstar athlete since he was a pre-teen has maturity issues? Call me surprised.

Not surprised as much as disappointed. He could have thrown in a "I made a mistake." Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not giving him a pass, just not outraged by his quote. He's a young man and young men make mistakes -- especially rich and famous young men.

I agree, but he should pick his words better next time. Shame his family presence is nonexistent.