• Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Caution Is Calamitous : O’s tentative foreign policy won’t stop ISIS

by George Will

This far into the human story, only the historically uninstructed are startled by what they think are new permutations of evil. So, when Russia sliced Crimea off Ukraine, Secretary of State John Kerry was nonplussed: “You just don’t in the 21st century behave in 19th-century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext.” If, however, Vladimir Putin is out of step with the march of progress, where exactly on history’s inevitably ascending path (as progressives like Kerry evidently think) does Kerry, our innocent abroad, locate the Islamic State?

The Islamic State uses crucifixions to express piety and decapitations to encourage cooperation. These are some of the “folks” — to adopt the locution Barack Obama frequently uses to express his all-encompassing diffidence — Obama was referring to when talking to the New York Times’ Thomas Friedman. “That’s exactly right,” Obama said when Friedman suggested that Obama believes all Middle East factions must agree to a politics of “no victor, no vanquish.” It will be interesting watching Obama try to convince the crucifiers and the crucified to split their differences.

{snip}

Two questions must be distinguished. First, is it an important American interest or duty to protect, as much as air power can, Kurds and Yazidis from the Islamic State, and to (in Obama’s words) “push back” (back to where?) this group? Even if the answer is yes, there is another question: Is it wise to support the use of force by this president? He is properly cautious about today’s awful dilemma, which is not primarily of his making. But caution can be reckless.

One of Napoleon’s aphorisms — “If you start to take Vienna, take Vienna” — means: In military matters, tentativeness is ruinous. Are F-18s going to be used for a foreign policy of right-minded gestures — remember #BringBackOurGirls? — the success of which is in making the gesturers feel virtuous? “Success,” said T.S. Eliot, “is relative: It is what we can make of the mess we have made of things.” There is much material — rubble, actually — to work with as we seek success.

More at the link:

The Comical Conservative

President Obama walks into a local bank in Chicago to cash a check. He is surrounded by Secret Service agents. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning Ma'am, could you please cash this check for me?"

Cashier:

"It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Obama:

"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the President of the United States of AMERICA !!!!"

Cashier:

"Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of 9/11, impostors, forgers, money laundering, and bad mortgage underwriting not to mention requirements of the Dodd/Frank legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Obama:

“Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier:

"I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Obama:

"I am urging you, please, to cash this check. I need to buy a gift for Michelle for Valentine’s Day"

Cashier:

"Look Mr. President, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into one of our bank branches without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a coffee cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check.”

“Another time, Andre Agassi came into the same place without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot where as the tennis ball landed in a coffee cup. With that shot we cashed his check.

So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, as the President of the United States?"

Obama:

Obama stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I don’t have a clue.”

Cashier:

"Will that be large or small bills, Mr. President?

ke

Edited by 3rdnlng

The Comical Conservative

President Obama walks into a local bank in Chicago to cash a check. He is surrounded by Secret Service agents. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning Ma'am, could you please cash this check for me?"

Cashier:

"It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Obama:

"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the President of the United States of AMERICA !!!!"

Cashier:

"Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of 9/11, impostors, forgers, money laundering, and bad mortgage underwriting not to mention requirements of the Dodd/Frank legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Obama:

“Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier:

"I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Obama:

"I am urging you, please, to cash this check. I need to buy a gift for Michelle for Valentine’s Day"

Cashier:

"Look Mr. President, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into one of our bank branches without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a coffee cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check.”

“Another time, Andre Agassi came into the same place without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot where as the tennis ball landed in a coffee cup. With that shot we cashed his check.

So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, as the President of the United States?"

Obama:

Obama stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I don’t have a clue.”

Cashier:

"Will that be large or small bills, Mr. President?

ke

A German, an Italian, a Russian, and an American doctor are discussing their countries medical and overall nation health.

The German says, our medicine is so great that we can transplant a German brain into another personn and within a week they are working a new job.

The Italian responds, well our medicine is so great that we can transplant an Italian testicle into another man and within a week he is making love to a beautiful woman.

The Russian responds, well our medicine is so great that we can transplant a Russian heart into another man, and within a week his Russian blood is pumping strong.

The American responds, that's nothing. We an take a Kenyan with no brain, no balls, and no heart so now our entire country isn't working, we've been fvcked over, and bled dry

LOL.......................2 more years til we get people with administrative skills back in charge.

“Obama’s top-ranking adviser [in] Martha’s Vineyard is a former Illinois political operative who drove him around the state during his Senate campaign a decade ago and then was his personal secretary outside the Oval Office.”

“This should remind readers that the boyish and immature Tommy ‘Hey Dude, that was like two years ago’ Vietor also went from driver/flunky to a top post at the National Security Council.

No military, geopolitical, diplomatic, intelligence experience required.”

LOL.......................2 more years til we get people with administrative skills back in charge.

“Obama’s top-ranking adviser [in] Martha’s Vineyard is a former Illinois political operative who drove him around the state during his Senate campaign a decade ago and then was his personal secretary outside the Oval Office.”

“This should remind readers that the boyish and immature Tommy ‘Hey Dude, that was like two years ago’ Vietor also went from driver/flunky to a top post at the National Security Council.

No military, geopolitical, diplomatic, intelligence experience required.”

Wow, I guess no one told any of the complete idiots at "The American Thinker" that cell phones and emails are now in use. :doh:

Wow, I guess no one told any of the complete idiots at "The American Thinker" that cell phones and emails are now in use. :doh:

Unlike the last decade, when, to hear the Democrats B word about it, Bush was completely unreachable every time he went on vacation.

Nope, because he really is better than Bush. I stand upon solid ground there

Do you realize how pathetic you sound when all you've got left is "he's better than Bush"? Wouldn't your argument for how good he is be better served if you compared him to a President many considered good vs one who most considered bad? So from now on change your tactic. Compare him to some good Presidents. Come on you can do it. Let's hear who.

Do you realize how pathetic you sound when all you've got left is "he's better than Bush"? Wouldn't your argument for how good he is be better served if you compared him to a President many considered good vs one who most considered bad? So from now on change your tactic. Compare him to some good Presidents. Come on you can do it. Let's hear who.

Have you read the title to this thread?

So you're sick of everything being about Bush...unless you make it about Bush?

Now you're obviously trolling.

Tom, don't you obviously troll all the time? Most of your posts are nothing more than trolling

He lasted longer in office than Zachary Taylor!

And again, that's the point that is so telling: We were lead to believe that Obama was going to be a HOF president.

Now, the very best thing they can say is? "He's better than Bush". And, if we are being truthful, it's, "He's better than Bush at some things" :lol:

Per the marketing, by now, George W Bush should be so far in Obama's, and the country's rear view as to be totally irrelevant. Bush should merely be "that dude that was here before", because Obama has scored so many wins, and made things so much better.

But the reality is any time Democrat brings up Bush, all they succeed in doing is damning Obama further, because they've framed it such that Obama is still COMPETING with Bush, not blowing him away. Obama is competing with a guy who hasn't said a word since he left office, and has written 1 book, and the race is still close?

That is hilarious. :lol: And, like I said above: it's very telling, in terms of the left's mentality, that right now, their only tenable goal for Obama....

....is to be better than Bush. :doh:

And again, that's the point that is so telling: We were lead to believe that Obama was going to be a HOF president.

Now, the very best thing they can say is? "He's better than Bush". And, if we are being truthful, it's, "He's better than Bush at some things" :lol:

Per the marketing, by now, George W Bush should be so far in Obama's, and the country's rear view as to be totally irrelevant. Bush should merely be "that dude that was here before", because Obama has scored so many wins, and made things so much better.

But the reality is any time Democrat brings up Bush, all they succeed in doing is damning Obama further, because they've framed it such that Obama is still COMPETING with Bush, not blowing him away. Obama is competing with a guy who hasn't said a word since he left office, and has written 1 book, and the race is still close?

That is hilarious. :lol: And, like I said above: it's very telling, in terms of the left's mentality, that right now, their only tenable goal for Obama....

....is to be better than Bush. :doh:

It's Rutherford B. Hayes' fault.