Bush vs Obama: Who's Worse?

Bush vs Obama  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

More observation on Mr. Obama's poor leadership (unlike Mr. Bush)

Obama’s Sort-of War: In his view, the current debacle has nothing to do with his own errors and omissions

by Victor Davis Hanson

How can we account for the apparent flip-flopping of the Obama administration about what we are doing, or might do further, to the Islamic State?

At times the secretary of defense seems at odds with the secretary of state. The administration seems not to be reacting to its own intelligence information about the Islamic State. Nor is it heeding the professional advice of the Joint Chiefs or top-ranking military officers in the field. Instead, in the run-up to the midterm elections, Obama appears to be guided largely by a stubborn adherence to his own past political truisms, and that explains the current inability to articulate a strategy or craft a coalition.

In anti-empirical fashion, the following axioms must be true — and thus the facts on the ground in Syria and Iraq must be massaged to reflect these beliefs.

1. The growth of the Islamic State has little if anything to do with the total withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq in 2011. Our departure did not prompt the Maliki government to backslide into religious oppression, free the skies for foreign powers, and open the countryside to resurgent Islamists.

2. The success of the Islamic State has nothing to do with the past failure to aid anti–Bashar Assad groups in Syria that once upon a time may have also opposed the Islamic State.

3. The current ascendancy of the Islamic State has nothing to do with a sense that the credibility of the United States in the region is diminished, or that enemies in the Middle East are emboldened by past non-enforcement of loudly announced red lines, step-over lines, or deadlines. Nor does it have to do with the situation on the ground after the bombing of Libya, or with the promise to vacate Afghanistan, or with the shunning of our old allies in the Gulf and Egypt.

4. The administration’s current Middle East plan of reaching out to the Islamic world — from the euphemisms about terrorism to the proclamations of underappreciated Islamic achievement to outreach to Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Iranians — has largely worked and therefore should be continued. Hence, the statement that the Islamic State has nothing to do with Islam.

Six more a the link: http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=7859

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why the !@#$ is your ignorant ass bringing up the popular vote?

On a political site I'm bringing up a vote total in a presidential election and YOU are calling me ignorant? Is everything ok? You seem more angry than usual today. And that's saying something

- hate all you want but I know PLENTY of people who are grateful to have their kids covered til they can try to get a decent paying job with benefits.

Imagine if only there were plenty of people grateful to have their kids get a decent-paying job instead of sucking up mom-and-day's miniscule nestegg until their "child" turns 26. But no. Tens of millions are out of the workforce, but thank God we can drain the people who already paid in. Fool.

I remember ass fu©king your wife in an outhouse after a 5th of bourbon, but I don't remember getting in an argument with any dead or recently departed poster. Who are you talking about?

I know we're not supposed to post stuff like this here, but it was damn funny anyway.

Yeah. Because you're bringing up something completely irrelevant, and pretending it isn't.

A flaw in our democracy--yes, democracy!--that allows the loser of the popular vote to become the president is irrelevant? Oh, ya, it is yet another of the many smears on the Bushman who you adore.

Anyway, more good news:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-poverty-rate-drop-20140917-story.html

A flaw in our democracy--yes, democracy!--that allows the loser of the popular vote to become the president is irrelevant? Oh, ya, it is yet another of the many smears on the Bushman who you adore.

Anyway, more good news:

We don't have a democracy.

Anyway, more good news:

How is the fact that Bush won the election fairly a smear on him? And I think it's safe to say no one on this board adores Bush.

Edited by Chef Jim

Like I said: you're ignorant.

we don't pick our leaders through the democratic process?

No. For example, the people don't choose the President. The states do, via the electoral college. The people choose who the state's representatives at the electoral college will elect.

That's not a "flaw." That's how our representative democracy works.

Again: you're ignorant.

He sure has a lot of defenders here.

No, he doesn't. You just misconstrue contempt for your ignorant ass with defending him.

Edited by DC Tom

I remember ass fu©king your wife in an outhouse after a 5th of bourbon, but I don't remember getting in an argument with any dead or recently departed poster. Who are you talking about?

This just doesn't sound right. You remember sticking your dong in Gaytorman's "wifes" ass? You might want to erase that memory. There is a reason they had to adopt.

Like I said: you're ignorant.

No. For example, the people don't choose the President. The states do, via the electoral college. The people choose who the state's representatives at the electoral college will elect.

That's not a "flaw." That's how our representative democracy works.

Again: you're ignorant.

No, he doesn't. You just misconstrue contempt for your ignorant ass with defending him.

Yes Tom, and I suppose you think the UK is still a monarchy? We have the right to vote for our leaders that makes us a democracy. We are also a republic. Only an idiot would think those things are mutually exclusive. The Constitution is a democratic document

This just doesn't sound right. You remember sticking your dong in Gaytorman's "wifes" ass? You might want to erase that memory. There is a reason they had to adopt.

LOL, wow! You are Rob run to the lowest low. Rob in a outhouse jagging off dreaming of my beautiful wife is not him banging her. LOL

Yes Tom, and I suppose you think the UK is still a monarchy? We have the right to vote for our leaders that makes us a democracy. We are also a republic. Only an idiot would think those things are mutually exclusive. The Constitution is a democratic document

Based on the process we have here with regard to electing a President who won the 2000 election?