Jim Leonhard?

Who ?

Selective memories here it seems.

Jim was brought in for his smarts and Vet Leadership which he had in aces.

But his body is about done,

I respect the man , as he has been a gamer for many years .

Lets move on folks.

I find it strange too. He's a veteran player, and he did fine with us last year.

As soon as someone gets injured, his phone will be ringing.

Mark you do make a good point , someone will probably pick him up again . Not the Bills though. I would take Kenny Ladler over Ole gentleman Jim

He has only two possible landing spots: the Jets or the Browns, either with the only coaches to make him look like a decent player. He is specific to their schemes. Other than that, he doesnt belong starting in the NFL, and apparently all the GMs agree.

He has only two possible landing spots: the Jets or the Browns, either with the only coaches to make him look like a decent player. He is specific to their schemes. Other than that, he doesnt belong starting in the NFL, and apparently all the GMs agree.

Browns . good point DrD

I thought we all knew.

He was alright for us. Maybe if none of our safeties show enough in camp they might grab him again, but I don't think we need him right now.

I think it is obvious are FO and coaching staff feels our safeties are better than Leonhard or at least as good or we would have signed him. So, I feel we are in good shape if the FO and coaches do.

UFA, not given a deal?

Still a free agent? How did I/we miss this?

He (IMO) really struggled in coverage last year. He knew where he was supposed to be, but, his body couldn't get him there quickly enough. He needs to find a place that employs the defense he is best at to have any shot whatsoever. If Cleveland or NYJ aren't calling I'm not sure anyone will.

Agreed. Not a knock on Leonhard, but, just the reality of the situation. He is old, slow and useful in only certain situations and schemes.