I want Trump for owner and you should too.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has their own ideal situation for the owner but here is why you should want Donald Trump as the next owner...

1) He does not take failure as an option.

2) He does not take sh**from anyone

3) You want Rivalries back in Buffalo? This guy is liable to talk sh** about every divisional opponent and their owner. Oh and outside of the division, ESPECIALLY Jerry Jones because he hates other people with almost as much money as he has.

4) He will NEVER be called cheap. In fact I think he likes to overspend to get what he wants.

5) He has enough common sense to be hands off. He's not a football guy and he knows it. He will hire the right faculty and if they don't perform it's chopping block.

6) I think the NFL needs character and Trump is a character I'd enjoy watching in press conferences on his team. He's going to tell it how it is and not sugar coat it. We need more of that.

7) He has stated his intentions of keeping the team in Buffalo, he sees the importance of the fan base and how detrimental it is to the city.

8) I think everyone who sees Galisano as a better option should look at what he did when he owned the Sabres. Yes, he kept him here and we're all thankful for that but he had no win now mentality and it showed.

TRUMP for Owner in 2014... Now for all the haters on why my opinion sucks...

Is that you Mr Trump? Yeah, Donald Trump never fails... except when filing for four bankruptcies.

I would never feel secure that Trump would keep the Bills in Buffalo at all costs. He tends to run into money issues now and again...

Point #8 shows that you don't really have an understanding with what went on with Golisano and the Sabres.

I honestly don't want an owner that is a blow hard...he can talk alll the smack he wants, but will only look pathetic if his team can't deliver...I know the Jerry Jones comparisons are over-done, but that is the kind of owner you are wanting?

I got a chuckle out of the Trump article today. He says that he believes that NFL owners will respect him, and will know from his USFL experience, that he can run a sports franchise. Not sure how he figures that...it was he that wanted to push the league to the fall, before it was even close to ready....I am sure he was smart enough to know it would never work, but he wanted an NFL team of his own, and tried to force the issue. He killed that league, for his own self interests. Did he really think he could force the mighty NFL, even at that time, to add all the USFL teams, in some sort of forced merger?

If Trump ends up owning the Bills (I still can't take him seriously) it won't keep me from pulling for this team...but he is about #7 on my list of potential owners.

Edited by Buftex

I think the bankruptcy issue is kind of funny. I heard him discussing it on Stern a long way back. He has not filed for bankruptcy, but companies he has gained control of and/or bought out or acquired have. From what I understand is that he purposely drove the weak companies in to the ground after liquidating anything he could.

i find no fault with your opinion, my only concern was his conciliatory tone today.. could it mean that he is aware that there is a deal pretty much in the works?

where did we hear from the hairpiece? Edited by jboyst62

The OP's opinion of Trump is based on a cultivated image invented by Trump. In reality he is nothing like what you describe.

I think you are basing your opinion on an image cultivated by Trump's adversaries. I've spent time studying the guy and his business practices, both while at grad school as well as over the past decade plus. Whether you like him as a person or his politics or you don't, he is as legit as they come as a business guy. When it comes to real estate he is second to none, negotiations, there's few better than him. I'd love to see him as owner negotiating terms for a new stadium with the state and local authorities, he'd run circles around those clowns. As for player contracts, we'd finally have a heavy weight in the room. Accountability, watch out, there would be no way Trump would put up with 15 years of losing, no way. You want to attract a Tier 1 or A-list HC, I want Trump in the room making the pitch. You Trump haters have to look paste his politics, the hair and the occasional odd tweet and circle one word that is in his BIO, he is a WINNER !

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I think you are basing your opinion on an image cultivated by Trump's adversaries. I've spent time studying the guy and his business practices, both while at grad school as well as over the past decade plus. Whether you like him as a person or his politics or you don't, he is as legit as they come as a business guy. When it comes to real estate he is second to none, negotiations, there's few better than him. I'd love to see him as owner negotiating terms for a new stadium with the state and local authorities, he'd run circles around those clowns. As for player contracts, we'd finally have a heavy weight in the room. Accountability, watch out, there would be no way Trump would put up with 15 years of losing, no way. You want to attract a Tier 1 or A-list HC, I want Trump in the room making the pitch. You Trump haters have to look paste his politics, the hair and the occasional odd tweet and circle one word that is in his BIO, he is a WINNER !

He's a sad excuse for a human being....regardless of his personal wealth...he's an attention whore and a blowhard charlatan, carnival barking scumbag who'd be a bleeping nobody if not for his inherited wealth from daddy!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He's a sad excuse for a human being....regardless of his personal wealth...he's an attention whore and blowhard scumbag who'd be a bleeping nobody if not for his inherited wealth from daddy!

you forgot "charlatan."

He's a sad excuse for a human being....regardless of his personal wealth...he's an attention whore and a blowhard charlatan, carnival barking scumbag who'd be a bleeping nobody if not for his inherited wealth from daddy!

Wow, that hit a nerve. Sounds personal. I guess the Jacobs boys don't stand high in your regard since their daddy gave them a hand up and they also (like Trump) graduated from some of the top schools in the country. Highly successfully and educated owners need not apply. So, who's left in your book ?

He is not my first choice.

1. He is obnoxious.

2. He's a know-it-all.

3. He will be a meddling owner, just like Jerry Jones.

4. He says really, really, really stupid things.

5. He's a media whore. He'll do anything for publicity, and the Bills don't need his negative publicity.

6. He'd sell his mother if he could make a profit. I don't trust him.

Wow, that hit a nerve. Sounds personal. I guess the Jacobs boys don't stand high in your regard since their daddy gave them a hand up and they also (like Trump) graduated from some of the top schools in the country. Highly successfully and educated owners need not apply. So, who's left in your book ?

Jacobs, Golisano, or Pegula are all good candidates from my perspective. I just don't want a joke of a caricature and an all knowing pompous jackass owning the Buffalo Bills. A BIG :thumbdown: on Donald Chump!

Jacobs, Golisano, or Pegula are all good candidates from my perspective. I just don't want a joke of a caricature and an all knowing pompous jackass owning the Buffalo Bills. A BIG :thumbdown: on Donald Chump!

While he's not my 1st choice (Jacobs and Pegula are 1-2), he is 3rd on my list. While he is a caricature to a certain extent, he'd immediately put the Bills back on the NFL map. Right now, I hate to say it, the Bills are irrelevant in the NFL world outside of WNY/Southern Ontario and those thousands of transplants. No MNF or Sunday night football. Two, he would NEVER except losing the way this franchise has accepted it. I don't care what anyone says, a culture of winning starts at the top of EVERY organization, NFL franchises included. Lastly, he wouldn't let anyone push this team around or take pot shots at the team or Buffalo. While he is vicious, calculating and cut throat, he's the guy you want on your side in a fight. My impression of a lot of WNYers is a lot of "woe is me" syndrome and "as long as we have a team, that's good enough"; there's an inferiority complex --- I know Trump would demand a winning attitude of his FO and his players or they would be OUT. My only concern with him as owner is whether he would have the self-restraint, once he built a winning organization to be hands off -- but right now, he would do a lot more good than bad and I'm convinced he'd build a winning team.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

EXACTLY

well , he reaps the winnings for himself. That is something i suppose.

JBoyst had a subtle point in regard to his bankruptcies . He liquidated those companies for his gain and profit . How many has he turned around ? he is not so much a business man as abroker in real estate and such. Nor is he self made.

He undertsands margins better than most and can reap profit repeatedly in many situations.

I think you misuderstand Winner when it applies to a football team TX