Veterans Administration Scandal Widespread?

Isn't that how socialized medicine works? The commie VA will always be that way

This is just an example of typical government performance. When you don't have to compete with anyone and you can't be fired short of assaulting someone on the job, you end up with a service level that sucks. This is a great example of why we don't want post office, DMV, IRS or VA style healthcare. Government culture all but guarantees crappy service with few exceptions.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these allegations prove to be true, it is dishonorable, it is disgraceful, and I will not tolerate it, period,

Like chemical weapons in Syria? For the sake of the veterans, should Shinseki step aside? Apparently not, since...

Rick's [shinseki's] attitude is if he doesn't think he can do a good job on this and if he thinks he's let our veterans down, then I'm sure that he is not going to be interested in continuing to serve.

"You're doing a heck of a job, Ricky!"

This is just an example of typical government performance. When you don't have to compete with anyone and you can't be fired short of assaulting someone on the job, you end up with a service level that sucks. This is a great example of why we don't want post office, DMV, IRS or VA style healthcare. Government culture all but guarantees crappy service with few exceptions.

But in the mind of the leftist that doesn't matter because anything is better than some greedy capitalist making money off the back of the worker. #bringbacklenin

Edited by Dante

But in the mind of the leftist that doesn't matter because anything is better than some greedy capitalist making money off the back of the worker. #bringbacklenin

and besides, they only want what's good for you.

Is BFLO/WNY being investigated?

My father has been using the one in BFLO for over 50 years, he has had "no" problem. I would always tag-a-long with him to his appointments @ the VA on Bailey. Kinda sucked going in there being 5 or 6 years old during the 'Nam Era. The only issue he had was the dubious "double appendix." Supposedly they took his first one out in Germany, 1954... Then in 1979 when he was getting his gallbladder out, they noticed the "appendix" was all crazy, so they took it out. Huh? You should have seen the look on his face when they told him he got a two for one deal with the gallbladder! Oh well, he is still kicking @ almost 80... Last year was the roughest, if he was private he'd probably be dead or swimming in bills...

Probably that pesky appendix bugging him...

LoL... Probably grew back!

Now they don't even go in for the gallbladder anymore... I think? A guy @ work just had his out, they go right through a little hole and vacuum it out! @ least that is how he explained it. Thank goodness my father had it out in '79... Who knows what the Army did in 1954!

The VA is a client. Both I and my client are clean. I could say how/why I know that. I will not.

I will say next to nothing, other than:

1. there are very specific reasons why this has happened, some are dependent on each other, some are not. Some are due to external factors, many are not. Many posters here, if empowered properly, could probably identify most of them.

2. this has little to do with $

3. just like with Obamacare, you can't deal with "is" if you spend all your time saying "should" (that's as close as I can say that one, without breaking my word)

4. the trouble with the right who I've heard comment on this issue(in the media): they don't understand the processes involved. Therefore, they will be critical of some things, not realizing that those things are trivial, when compared to the things they could be critical about...if they understood the processes. They could be hitting the Ds with a chain saw...but they are throwing butter knives instead.

Example: I believe I heard somebody talking about drapes/furniture the other day? Trivial. EDIT: And now that I think about it...the Rs could step in it big time with that kind of angle.

#4 will make me laugh and laugh :lol: as I watch this thread, and/or listen to the usual suspects...screaming and yelling. Running around with a BB gun, when they could have a shotgun, and that situation being 100% due to their own weak minds/intellectual laziness? I will die laughing if the Rs, here or elsewhere, screw themselves over, directly due to their stupidity.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Over to You, Harry Reid

The House just passed the VA accountability bill by 390–33. Will Harry Reid block a bi-partisan bill to begin addressing a scandal that Republicans and Democrats profess to be outraged by?

The Victim Presidency

As many have remarked here, Barack Obama has a strange habit of acting like somebody else has been president these past years. It’s really odd.

In his speech on the VA, the president said that he would not stand for things that he clearly and undeniably has stood for some years now, and swore that he would not tolerate that which has has been tolerating since 2009.

He’s been described as acting like a bystander to his own presidency, but it’s more like he’s a victim of it, as though the presidency were this terrible thing that just happened to him one day that he’s now courageously dealing with.

He demeanor is that of a man who has been diagnosed with cancer who puts on a brave face, gets up every morning, and reiterates his determination to “beat this thing.” (Not that I don’t think the presidency is a cancer, but that’s a point for a different post.)

It’s a remarkable talent he has. When he was getting beat up politically for his association with that goofy racist clergyman, he lectured us on the evils of racism, as though we’d been the ones sitting in on those hateful sermons. Every time he has some spectacular screw-up, which seems to be about once a quarter, he pronounces himself outraged, as though he had not failed us but had been failed himself.

So Barack Obama has sworn that he will not tolerate the incompetence of the Obama administration. I’d like to think that that means he is going to resign, but I don’t think that’s what he meant.

Edited by B-Man

Phoenix VA officials deny there's a secret wait list; doctor says they're lying

FTA:

But in an interview with CNN on Tuesday, Helman and her chief of staff, Dr. Darren Deering, denied any secret effort to cover up or hide wait times.

"We have never instructed our staff to create a secret list, to maintain a secret list, to shred a secret list -- that has never come from our office as far as instruction to our staff," said Deering.

"It's never come from me," added Helman.

Only hours later, watching Helman and Deering make those statements to CNN, Foote shook his head in disbelief.

"Are you kidding?" asked Foote incredulously.

The 24-year VA physician and clinic director, who recently retired and went public with the details of the list, went on the air publicly for the first time with CNN one week ago.

"They started this secret list in February of 2013," Foote continued. "At some time, they changed over from paper to electronic, in early summer, maybe approximately June or July. And transferred names over to the electronic waiting list. And she [Helman] was called on an ethics consult evaluation about that -- it's written down, documented in July."

The e-mails Foote referred to were reported by CNN in its original Phoenix VA story last week. The e-mails from July 2013 show that top management, including Helman, were well-aware about the actual wait times, knew about the off-the-books list and even defended its use to her staff.

In one internal Phoenix VA e-mail, dated July 3, 2013, one staffer raises concerns about the secret electronic list and that officials are praising its use:

"I have to say, I think it's unfair to call any of this a success when Veterans are waiting 6 weeks on an electronic waiting list before they're called to schedule their first PCP appointment," the e-mail states. "Sure, when their appointment is created, it's can be 14 days out, but we're making them wait 6-20 weeks to create that appointment."

More at the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/30/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/

Anyone remember this from back in March of 2009?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/veterans.health.insurance/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.

Murray used that blunt terminology when she told Shinseki that the idea would not be acceptable and would be rejected if formally proposed. Her remarks came during a hearing before the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs about the 2010 budget.But the proposal would be "dead on arrival" if it's sent to Congress, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, said.

No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly, but veterans groups wrote a pre-emptive letter last week to President Obama voicing their opposition to the idea after hearing the plan was under consideration.

The groups also cited an increase in "third-party collections" estimated in the 2010 budget proposal -- something they said could be achieved only if the Veterans Administration started billing for service-related injuries.

Asked about the proposal, Shinseki said it was under "consideration."

"A final decision hasn't been made yet," he said.

Didn't he skip out on the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address?

I'm surprised Obama's taking time out of his busy schedule to attend the 70th anniversary of D-Day. Of course Obama will probably spend the majority of the event giving Putin the I'm Not Talking To You middle school cafeteria table stare