Veterans Administration Scandal Widespread?

.Over to You, Harry Reid

The House just passed the VA accountability bill by 390–33. Will Harry Reid block a bi-partisan bill to begin addressing a scandal that Republicans and Democrats profess to be outraged by?

............and there's your answer.

Senators Blocks VA Accountability Bill

As the Veterans Affairs (VA) fiasco rages on, the House passed a piece of legislationthat would make it easier to fire VA employees and make the department more accountable. It was passed with bipartisan support, with the vote being 390 in favor to 33 against.

There was only one problem. The bill (VA Management Accountability Act, H.R.4031) failed to pass the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats decided mark this Memorial Day by blocking this bill.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said he agreed with some provisions in the bill, but noted that there were areas that needed work, which would be addressed in hearings held later in June.

Well, Happy Memorial Day, everyone.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't be too Patriotically Correct, especially on Memorial Day... Welcome to the "New US" where nobody is entitled to anything...Very sad. Just be thankful vets/servicemen are getting paid in this era (unlike other eras). Especially for the ones who serve and need the system, schedule early, take a number, wait your turn... And hope you don't die in the meantime.

Don't get me wrong... I am not apathetic to the plight, this was one of the reasons for not going into these wars...

Bokw6INIYAIiPWe.png

Great! I like how it has the tennis balls on the walker... God for bid Gramps scuffs a floor!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This won't be too Patriotically Correct, especially on Memorial Day... Welcome to the "New US" where nobody is entitled to anything...Very sad.

Oh, please. What typically predictable progressive tripe.

Someone says they want smaller government, and progressives yell "They want NO government!"

Someone says they want to reduce government spending, and progressives yell "They want to kill grandma and starve children!"

Someone says the problem with our country is too many people feel entitled, and progressives yell, "Welcome to the US where no one is entitled to anything!"

You'd think after all this time even YOU would realize the only people who believe this childish rhetoric are the mindless fools pushing it.

This won't be too Patriotically Correct, especially on Memorial Day... Welcome to the "New US" where nobody is entitled to anything...Very sad. Just be thankful vets/servicemen are getting paid in this era (unlike other eras). Especially for the ones who serve and need the system, schedule early, take a number, wait your turn... And hope you don't die in the meantime.

Don't get me wrong... I am not apathetic to the plight, this was one of the reasons for not going into these wars...

Great! I like how it has the tennis balls on the walker... God for bid Gramps scuffs a floor!

What, so administrators wouldn't fake wait times?

and i will address this part.........

as someone who has two bags of (practice) tennis balls in the 2nd drawer of my file cabinet at my senior center, I can tell you that we add those to help prevent falls, not protect the floors.

I must slice open 10 to twelve balls a week. :D

. .

Edited by B-Man

as someone who has two bags of (practice) tennis balls in the 2nd drawer of my file cabinet at my senior center, I can tell you that we add those to help prevent falls, not protect the floors.

. .

Interesting. Learn something every day. You would think the maker would build in OEM device cap standard. Thanks for the incite.

And yes... This is predictable... It manifests itself after almost every war... @ least they aren't marching on The Mall protesting for back pay.

. .

you're a real ball buster!

OK folks, that's it, have a good night, I'll be here all week

#thankyou

Despite what you just heard from the president, Shinseki is not resigning because he fears he is becoming a distraction. He is resigning because he failed to do his job well.

and a ‘distraction’ from what, exactly?

and the predictable little stage show that the President just gave to thank him for his service, and the remarks made that somehow Washington’s “finger-pointing” and “blame-game” is the real problem here was laughable.

Because if Shinseki admits he was a part of the problem, it means the man who appointed him is part of the problem, too.

Despite what you just heard from the president, Shinseki is not resigning because he fears he is becoming a distraction. He is resigning because he failed to do his job well.

and the predictable little stage show that the President just gave to thank him for his service, and the remarks made that somehow Washington’s “finger-pointing” and “blame-game” is the real problem here was laughable.

Because if Shinseki admits he was a part of the problem, it means the man who appointed him is part of the problem, too.

Too bad Shinseki's resignation won't fix things.

From today's press 'show'

"I said we had to do better and we will," Obama said. ...

Laughably, Obama also said, "This is my administration and I always take responsibility for whatever happens. ....

From today's press 'show'

"I said we had to do better and we will," Obama said. ...

Laughably, Obama also said, "This is my administration and I always take responsibility for whatever happens. ....

I can only picture Obama saying "The buck stops.................................with my predecessor".

He's resigning as a scapegoat/martyr, so that Congress will calm down and not interfere with the Obama's summer golf tour.

This was happening at the regional/local office level, with people filing false reports to misrepresent wait times. Shinseki had nothing to do with it - it's just his responsibility to take the bullet that every SES and GS-15 in the VA deserves.

This is just funny.

http://www.breitbart...is-Bush-s-Fault

Doesn't this just implicate him more? So he knew about it and it just got worse under him. Any CEO (of a company that wasn't to big to fail) would be canned for such lousy performance.

"This predates my presidency. When I was in the Senate, I was on the Veterans Affairs Committee. I heard first-hand veterans who were not getting the kinds of services and benefits that they had earned," the President said to the White House Press Corps this afternoon

Edited by Dante

This is just funny.

http://www.breitbart...is-Bush-s-Fault

Doesn't this just implicate him more? So he knew about it and it just got worse under him. Any CEO (of a company that wasn't to big to fail) would be canned for such lousy performance.

"This predates my presidency. When I was in the Senate, I was on the Veterans Affairs Committee. I heard first-hand veterans who were not getting the kinds of services and benefits that they had earned," the President said to the White House Press Corps this afternoon

He was briefed on the problems with the VA while he was President-Elect. A good question to ask would be when did the falsified wait reporting begin? Did it come about due to extra pressure put on the hospitals?

Charles Krauthammer called former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki’s resignation “elaborate theater” on Special Report Friday evening.

Before Obama was president, he promised to end wait times at the VA and streamline services. But six years later he simultaneously claims that he’s been working on the problems, and that he knew nothing about the problems.

“How can the president say that the VA’s problems had not reached the White House, when the president himself says he’s been working on this for six years?” he said.

Krauthammer said the president is “trying to have it every which way,” and that Obama was waiting to push Shinseki ”on his sword” as part of an “elaborate theater, and all the scripts were written in advance.”

Original Article

Parents of Vet Treated at Phoenix VA Facility Read His Suicide Note on Air

CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin broke down on air Friday afternoon as the parents of Iraq War veteran Daniel Somers read his suicide letter. Somers wrote in the note that the VA failed him.

Edited by B-Man