Veterans Administration Scandal Widespread?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's tough. But as I mentioned before at least you're consistent. When you got nothin' you come back with the standard gator response.

No I was in hurry and blown away by your incredible, ummm...myopic view of things.

So a socialized medical system swamped by patients following two wars isn't going to have problems? And money isn't a solution that will help? You idiots are really in full form today. Are you guys passing the same tube of glue around to each other to sniff from, or did you guys just coordinate the sniffing day?

No I was in hurry and blown away by your incredible, ummm...myopic view of things.

So a socialized medical system swamped by patients following two wars isn't going to have problems? And money isn't a solution that will help? You idiots are really in full form today. Are you guys passing the same tube of glue around to each other to sniff from, or did you guys just coordinate the sniffing day?

So did the two wars cause the VA to be swamped or could it might just be the aging of the US veteran population?

Just reading some of the VA handbooks now...

Did anyone know that there's no minimum standard for staffing productivity in the VA? There is, however, a maximum specified, on the principle that working too hard compromises quality.

So if you work for the VA, you can be as unproductive as you like. Just don't be TOO productive, or you might get in trouble.

Or?

Oh thank you I missed the last or. Or are they not swamped at all and the government just sucks at things like this? Because name me a medical facility that is not swamped? If that's the case why is the VA the only facility that are having people die on a regular basis before they are attended to?

According to a study done in 2006 by the American Action Forum, total costs per-capita for veterans care including that provided by the VA, are higher than total per-capital costs for Medicare, which cares for the sickest and most frequently disabled demographic of our country.

Yes but was that demographic in two wars? TWO WARS DAMMIT!! I think not.

The following contains real world, and hopefully concise info(and, you may PM me if you really want me to dig up the paper on this).

In 2005, I took my fledgling software to the VA and did a demo for a RFP. Specifically, the req was for VA surveyors(the ineffective equivalent of what some of you know is QA/Compliance people). They had engaged a consultant to help them with their, what I call "tool selection". Tool selection is any real enterprise consultant's bread and butter: you "help" the client buy the right architecture/not be an unmitigated moron, you collect $50-100k for your firm, but, you have no accountability for the decision or implementation of said architecture.

NFL consultants can do this after a 10 martini night, an 8-ball, whatever strange snatch was about, and never feel a thing until the plane ride home. It's that F'ing easy, if you are the real deal. I once saw a guy basically sleep through 3 presentations, and still get it right. Why? Because he already knew who the winner was, had already scheduled the demos that way, which is why he ordered me to go find a coke dealer at 1am the night before. If you ever want to know what "Partner" means in consulting?

So, here I am, finishing my demo, and the "tool selector" says: "Well, obviously this is the best thing we've seen, and frankly, this is the best thing we're going to see. I'm ready to make my recommendation right now".

BUT! The VA guys say "But wait, if we use what you have, that means we are going to record everything we do". :wacko: (EDIT: Remember, we're talking about the people whose job it is to track what the VA does, and find the trouble. The trackers...don't want to be tracked!)

"Yep" was my reply. Then, "But we're not sure if we're ready for that". Anybody who knows my business, knows: time to leave.

I realize exactly where I'm at, and there's no point in playing it classy: "People, you've spent the last how many hours and minutes telling everybody how much you suck at your business process, and now...you're telling me you're not ready to stop sucking?"

I started packing up. The "tool selector" gave me his card and said "If you're hiring".

Anyone who has ever read Updike "The Lucid Eye"? That's why I keep subjecting myself to the idiocy of Heath Care. In 6th grade(EDIT: Come to think of it, it was Mrs. Volkner's class, credit where it is due) I decided to be the opposite of the sales guy uncle.

IF the VA had hired "the best thing they'd seen" in 2005? I can only guarantee 1 thing: at the very least we would have caught the problem sooner.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Oh thank you I missed the last or. Or are they not swamped at all and the government just sucks at things like this? Because name me a medical facility that is not swamped? If that's the case why is the VA the only facility that are having people die on a regular basis before they are attended to?

So you are using this situation to simply score a pointless ideological point? You clowns are pathetic. Yes, treating people with illness, injuries and check ups costs money, and the more patience the more money. Follow me so far? So the VA, a socialized health care organization, gets swamped with patience and needs more--gasp!!!-money and you idiots screams government sucks, eat sh--

According to a study done in 2006 by the American Action Forum, total costs per-capita for veterans care including that provided by the VA, are higher than total per-capital costs for Medicare, which cares for the sickest and most frequently disabled demographic of our country.

Thinking about what you said and laughing. You called the whole VA system a benefit, lol. No doofus, it's an organization, not a benefit. And can you link your little study by the Action Forum? Action!!! Ohhh, sounds exciting!

So you are using this situation to simply score a pointless ideological point? You clowns are pathetic. Yes, treating people with illness, injuries and check ups costs money, and the more patience the more money. Follow me so far? So the VA, a socialized health care organization, gets swamped with patience and needs more--gasp!!!-money and you idiots screams government sucks, eat sh--

Thinking about what you said and laughing. You called the whole VA system a benefit, lol. No doofus, it's an organization, not a benefit. And can you link your little study by the Action Forum? Action!!! Ohhh, sounds exciting!

Read the above, clown.

I literally handed them the direct solution to every single one of their reqs...for cheap...and they said "they weren't ready for it".

They could have deployed my system using discretionary budget, not 100s of millions.

They CHOSE FAIL. I have been predicting this since then, because I saw for myself how F'ed things were.

QED: This had nothing to do with $/they had plenty of it.

This has to do with a bunch of assclowns whose paychecks/titles have an inverse relationship to accontability. The higher you go, the less competence, and more CYA, "but, this will record everything we do" you get(um, yes moron, and you will fail, but also learn, which is how you get better).

So, again, standard liberal "throw $ at it" plan is actually worth less than 0 in this instance.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

!

You forgot to mention the two wars this time as the reason why the VA was swamped. Hmmm, I wonder why.

See what patience got those vets who waited so long to become patients?

Another thing, Medicare doesn't provide direct payments to the disabled, so it's not a fair comparison anyway. The VA pays out a huge amount of money for disabled vets