Super Bowl 2018 bids going on today [update: Minnesota won]

New Orleans, Minnesota, and Indy.... From what i hear, its pretty much New Orleans vs Minnesota. For New Orleans its potentially the cornerstone of their tricentennial celebrations while minnesota would be getting a perk of a new stadium.

I am obviously biased, but lets go New Orleans.

New Orleans, Minnesota, and Indy.... From what i hear, its pretty much New Orleans vs Minnesota. For New Orleans its potentially the cornerstone of their tricentennial celebrations while minnesota would be getting a perk of a new stadium.

New stadium or not Minn should never win it over NO. NO is the perfect site for the superbowl. In fact if the NFL was smart it should award NO the superbowl at least once every 3 years.

New stadium or not Minn should never win it over NO. NO is the perfect site for the superbowl. In fact if the NFL was smart it should award NO the superbowl at least once every 3 years.

new orleans is so far 10 for 10 in their bids. this one being the tricentennial celebration cornerstone makes me think its a pretty good shot. there are plans to have the airport totally redone as well as some potential riverfront development downtown among a ton of "completed by 2018" projects ive seen tossed around.

really, the only thing that i think is a worry is minnesota being able to "go all in" with their bid since its so far off prime season (i mean, february in minnesota..... really?) - so the rates for hotels, event venues etc.... can be more aggressive.

new orleans is so far 10 for 10 in their bids. this one being the tricentennial celebration cornerstone makes me think its a pretty good shot. there are plans to have the airport totally redone as well as some potential riverfront development downtown among a ton of "completed by 2018" projects ive seen tossed around.

really, the only thing that i think is a worry is minnesota being able to "go all in" with their bid since its so far off prime season (i mean, february in minnesota..... really?) - so the rates for hotels, event venues etc.... can be more aggressive.

My dad's friend went to all four Bills super Bowls & said Minnesota did it the nicest. He also said it was so cold you could not even go outside but somehow they made it work. Mentioned they had a lot of underground tunnels & such to get from place to place. Still being inside all the time is noway to spend Super Bowl week.

My dad's friend went to all four Bills super Bowls & said Minnesota did it the nicest. He also said it was so cold you could not even go outside but somehow they made it work. Mentioned they had a lot of underground tunnels & such to get from place to place. Still being inside all the time is noway to spend Super Bowl week.

im sure they put together a great package to present and definitely would enjoy seeing the bills in either location..... (im a little bit clued in to these two cities on this topic, so i know its a strong presentation each will be giving)

but i think theres just something special about new orleans and the ability to host big events. look for a few others to return that year potentially (ive heard rumblings of NBA allstar game being likely, and if i recall maybe a mention of wrestlemania). the city is making a big 2018 push.

Agreed. You should not need to bring a winter coat on a trip to the Super Bowl.

im sure they put together a great package to present and definitely would enjoy seeing the bills in either location..... (im a little bit clued in to these two cities on this topic, so i know its a strong presentation each will be giving)

but i think theres just something special about new orleans and the ability to host big events. look for a few others to return that year potentially (ive heard rumblings of NBA allstar game being likely, and if i recall maybe a mention of wrestlemania). the city is making a big 2018 push.

Didthey fix the lights yet?

#toomuchdeadair

Edited by Best Player Available

It sounds like NOLA is the clear favorite. The head's up facility that they will be building was a really great idea. I share your bias but do believe that nobody does big events like New Orleans. I had so much fun last time. I am excited for the prospects of Super Bowl 52 returning.

The two things that will put Buffalo on the radar for a superbowl Bills get a new owner and stadium in an attactive area (watefront or Niagara) we'll be up for this sort of thing.

Edited by MClem06